FLE #8 Design Vote

Discuss Christopher Ward watches

Please vote for any, and only, those that you would buy.

Poll ended at Mon Oct 28, 2019 11:14 am

OPTION 1: Red gradient dial, black bezel insert, bronze bezel, bronze crown, bronze markers, bronze hands
4%
OPTION 2: Green gradient dial, black bezel insert, bronze bezel, bronze crown, bronze markers, bronze hands
4%
OPTION 3: Grey gradient dial, black bezel insert, bronze bezel, bronze crown, bronze markers, bronze hands
2%
OPTION 4: Red gradient dial & red bezel insert, bronze bezel, bronze crown, bronze markers, bronze hands
3%
OPTION 5: Green gradient dial & green bezel insert, bronze bezel, bronze crown, bronze markers, bronze hands
4%
OPTION 6: Grey gradient dial & grey bezel insert, bronze bezel, bronze crown, bronze markers, bronze hands
3%
OPTION 7: Red gradient dial, black bezel insert, bronze bezel, bronze crown, bronze markers, bronze hands
3%
OPTION 8: Red gradient dial, black bezel insert, bronze bezel, bronze crown, bronze markers, bronze hands - but white seconds hand
3%
OPTION 9: Red gradient dial, red bezel insert
5%
OPTION 10: Green gradient dial, green bezel insert
4%
OPTION 11: Grey gradient dial, grey bezel insert
2%
OPTION 12: Green dial, green bezel
2%
OPTION 13: Blue bezel, blue gradient dial
4%
OPTION 14: Charcoal bezel, charcoal dial, black seconds hand
2%
OPTION 15: Cream dial, black bezel insert, bronze markers, bronze hands - but black & red seconds hand
2%
OPTION 16: Cream dial, black bezel insert, bronze bezel, bronze crown, bronze markers, bronze hands - but black & red seconds hand
2%
OPTION 17: Black Ombre dial, black bezel
3%
OPTION 18: Black Ombre dial, steel bezel
2%
OPTION 19: Blue Ombre dial, blue bezel
4%
OPTION 20: Blue bezel insert
5%
OPTION 21: Black bezel insert
3%
OPTION 22: Blue bezel insert
7%
OPTION 23: Black bezel insert
2%
OPTION 24: Blue bezel insert
3%
OPTION 25: Black bezel insert
2%
OPTION 26: Blue bezel insert
4%
OPTION 27: Black bezel insert
1%
OPTION 28: Blue Solid Dial, Blue Bezel Insert. With Red Accents.
5%
OPTION 29: Blue Ombre Dial, Black Bezel Insert. Some Red Accents.
4%
OPTION 30: Blue Ombre Dial, Blue Bezel Insert. Red Dial Text, STEEL Case
5%

Total votes: 301

Coanda
Junior
Junior

Re: FLE #8 Design Vote

Post by Coanda »

I went back and updated my vote to include more designs. As Kip mentioned, it would be a shame to miss out on this opportunity. There was a lot of hard work and great ideas put forward here, thanks to all for their efforts.
gaf1958
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 24

Post by gaf1958 »

TheBeatles wrote:
Amor Vincit Omnia wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 2:27 pm
sproughton wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 2:23 pm Seemed like he phrased it perfectly well. Clear to me that there are some designs he'd buy and he's voted accordingly.
Hence my recantation and (if needed) apology. :)
Same here, just a discussion with absolutely no slight or disrespect intended. If I misread, it’s my fault.
Sorry Brian, my intent was to get people voting. I voted for 7 designs, but the leading contender was not one of those I voted for, so I will not be buying if it wins. My support for getting an FLE produced doesn’t extend to buying one that I personally don’t like... :D

However, regardless of whether or not I’m voting for, or buying the leading contender, I’d still like to see an FLE produced. I’d like to see one because I think it’s good for the forum and also because if we can’t do this, I think the forum’s chances of ever producing another one will be unlikely at best.
CW C1+2xC3+6xC6/60K+C7+C11+3xC60T+2xC65+C90+2xC600
Omega Ω 11xSpeedy+14xSeamaster+4xConnie+DeVille
Cartier+2xPanerai+2xFarer+2xOris+Sinn+11xSeiko+ManyVintage
B&R+Halios+5xVisitor+TagH+6xTissot+2xZelos+4xCertina+more
Family12xCW+2xΩ+Cartier
nbg
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 14

Post by nbg »

gaf1958 wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 12:02 am
TheBeatles wrote:
Amor Vincit Omnia wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 2:27 pm

Hence my recantation and (if needed) apology. :)
Same here, just a discussion with absolutely no slight or disrespect intended. If I misread, it’s my fault.
Sorry Brian, my intent was to get people voting. I voted for 7 designs, but the leading contender was not one of those I voted for, so I will not be buying if it wins. My support for getting an FLE produced doesn’t extend to buying one that I personally don’t like... :D

However, regardless of whether or not I’m voting for, or buying the leading contender, I’d still like to see an FLE produced. I’d like to see one because I think it’s good for the forum and also because if we can’t do this, I think the forum’s chances of ever producing another one will be unlikely at best.
Agreed. I voted ended up voting for four (probably four of your seven).

Neil
Other watch forums of interest:
TZ-UK
DEV.Woulf
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 10

Post by DEV.Woulf »

Disregarding the other models voted on, it seems 5 of us must buck up to actually get a FLE produced this year. I think #22 is an interesting and different design, but shame there's no bracelet option to go along with it. That'd really set it off. :shock:
Christopher Ward | LORIER | MONTA | SEIKO

Joseph.
jimbo
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Post by jimbo »

Late again, but 9 and 13 for me :)
Remember...your left hand has the thumb on the right hand side
Caller
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2

Post by Caller »

Well I voted for options 2 and 30. In hindsight 30 was a mistake because of the position of the logo. However, my favourite variant of this was the original version from CW.

However, if CW would kindly proceed to produce option 2, although I would be happy for the bronze to be dropped (it's either all bronze or ss in my opinion), then I can pretty much confirm that I would buy it (congrats to whoever did the design).
'Tis me
Caller
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2

Post by Caller »

Well I voted for options 2 and 30. In hindsight 30 was a mistake because of the position of the logo. However, my favourite variant of this was the original version from CW.

However, if CW would kindly proceed to produce option 2, although I would be happy for the bronze to be dropped (it's either all bronze or ss in my opinion), then I can pretty much confirm that I would buy it (congrats to whoever did the design).

Edit - forgot to add, I think there were too many hand set options, they split the vote and everyone knows the cricket hands are much nicer! :D
'Tis me
politel
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 8

Post by politel »

Maybe Kip can make their own voting in a different place for all late, for all undecided and all fickle :yawn:

Sorry Guys
Rainer

wanted:
C9 Me109 Single Pusher Chronograph
C8 Flyer Mk II DLC
C8 Power Reserve Chronometer DLC
C11 Makaira Titanium Extreme 1000
C65 Trident Diver SH21 LE
Magnus
Forumgod
Forumgod
CW-watches: 7

Post by Magnus »

Looks like I am going to have to bow out. :( The blue case does nothing for me.

All the best though and hope you all manage to take this through to completion.

Can I offer sincere thanks to the photoshop guys for all their work on this and to Kip/the mods for getting it all up and running :thumbup: :clap:
2015 FLE, 2013 FLE, C60 Black, C11 Makaira Pro 500 Blue, C8 Pilot Mk II, , C7 Rapide MK I, C4 Battle of Britain Memorial Flight.
Corum Admirals Cup
Stowa 1938 Chronograph
Vintage Certina
Tag Heuer F1
jvspin

Post by jvspin »

Mikkei4 wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 2:26 pm I haven't voted as I wouldn't buy any of the options so I didn't want to ambush the result but have been reading the discussion with interest as an "outsider".

All the C60s are "out" for me as I consider the name logo to be in the wrong place. CW won't move the location on the C60 but have done elsewhere. The reds, green, greys, white on the Dartmouth based FLE don't appeal to me. So no votes from me as I can't spend close to £1000 for something I don't like...

I wish you the best of luck.
+1
C9 SS, Jump Hour MK3, C60 Pro Vintage
Bunch of JDM Citizen watches
A1soknownas
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by A1soknownas »

Argh, so much effort taken to design these and it might fall short. Loved some of the two-tone Dartmouth designs.

Maybe some (more likely the C60) may see the light of day in a similar form by CW themselves in the future, such as the use of the blue PVD if not used here or limited edition dials.
Jeff Spangle
Senior
Senior

Post by Jeff Spangle »

Option 22 is a great choice (too late to vote).

The splashes of yellow really sing out.

Perhaps CW didn't help this time by having the Armed Forces variants launched and therefore available - too many fine alternatives. Spoilt for choice maybe?
________________________________________________________________________________
various - Casio, Lego, TAG, Tudor, Seiko, Mondaine, Orient, Davis, Victorinox, Tissot, Alpina, Omega

and 3 Christopher Wards
srs1286
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by srs1286 »

Sorry, this is all I see with the twin flag dial. Walked right in to the fashion watch stereotype.
Attachments
Untitled.png
politel
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 8

Post by politel »

If you are not interested, you do not have to participate :thumbdown:
Rainer

wanted:
C9 Me109 Single Pusher Chronograph
C8 Flyer Mk II DLC
C8 Power Reserve Chronometer DLC
C11 Makaira Titanium Extreme 1000
C65 Trident Diver SH21 LE
srs1286
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by srs1286 »

^^^ Perhaps my critique was a bit more harsh than others due to the visual aid? I have been participating and contributing with photoshopped images in the early rounds when the two tone GMT's were in favor. I am certainly welcome to express what turned me off of it as many others have.