Questions - Chat with Co Founders - Bristol GTG / CW Event - 2nd November 2019

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
Squalus
Expert
Expert
CW-watches: 6

Re: Questions - Chat with Co Founders - Bristol GTG / CW Event - 2nd November 2019

Post by Squalus »

Following the success of the three Ombré models, will CW be producing any more Ombré variants?
albionphoto
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 10

Re: Questions - Chat with Co Founders - Bristol GTG / CW Event - 2nd November 2019

Post by albionphoto »

What are the plans to fix shipping to the US? Again. See item below:

This is quoted from the "Are import duties still an issue?" This particular quote is from FoghornK who posted this on Thu Oct 10. It appears on page 9 of this thread.
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=52103&start=120

"1. Ordered watch/confirmed 30 Sept. “You will receive a despatch confirmation as soon as we ship your order.”
2. Text from DHL October 8: “estimate delivery October 10...authorize DHL to deliver without signature...” (ignored—I want to sign for the delivery) Checked website—delivery sometime on 10/10 during business hours.
3. Text October 9: “Hello, this is DHL regarding tracking no....Please reply with Yes to authorize DHL to deliver without a signature.”
4. 10/10 12:57 PM: voicemail. “my name is ....giving you a call from DHL express in reference to a shipment that is currently on hold with US Customs...please return my call...”
5. Called DHL: they need a “watch detail sheet” form filled out with the cost of the components of the watch to calculate customs. Form appears elsewhere on this forum. C Ward customer service is, of course closed for the day being 6 hours ahead. Form was emailed. Email also says that I am advised that “there is a $31 dollar storage fee after 3rd day that the item is held in storage. Thank You!”
6. Problem: C Ward currently closed. Tomorrow’s Friday of a 3-day weekend... The representative I talked to said that she had sent the form to the seller as well as to me—I’d have thought from other posts on this forum C Ward had had enough warning about this stuff to be covering their action with US Customs to allow more seamless delivery.

Conclusions: 1) C Ward doesn’t appear to have given notice of when things were shipped (10/8). 2) DHL would rather get authorized to drop off with no responsibility on a fantasy date while customs holds your watch than give an honest delivery date one can work with. 3) C Ward should be able to get this information going tomorrow, since I know I can get an ETA movement for $400 bucks and a bracelet from them for $175, but DHL says the parts have to equal the stated price in total. (Guess labor’s not an issue). 4) We have yet to see what the duty will be;

5) I like the watch well enough to recommend buying in the UK and confounding yourself with a VAT refund rather than wasting all this time on the C Ward/DHL interface that this forum has documented as sort of defective regarding US Customs for some months now."

Here are my comments.
What are the plans to fix shipping notifications?

Where's my C60 Apex? Why the communications blackout? It's simple - Set customer expectations and then meet them. A complete communications black-out is unacceptable especially as I know that C60 Apex watches have been delivered. My case mirrors FoghornK's to some extent.

Not a happy bunny here. Does it show?
Mark
Bremont, Casio, Citizen, Christopher Ward, Chronotechna, Mido, Omega and Oris
Squalus
Expert
Expert

Post by Squalus »

At the moment, which is the most popular case design, in terms of sales, the C60, the C65, or the C1?
Squalus
Expert
Expert

Post by Squalus »

Will CW reintroduce the display back on any future LE Tridents?
Squalus
Expert
Expert

Post by Squalus »

I know it is still early in the season but if Liverpool wins the Premiership title, will CW produce a commemorative LE watch?
Amor Vincit Omnia
CW-watches: 4

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

Question from me if there’s time, Guy...

Are there any plans to produce any further rectangular case watches?
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

Reminder, just 24 hours to go, to submit your questions.

Cut off is tomorrow night.

Guy

Sent from my Xperia XZ Premium using Tapatalk

In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
richtel
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 8

Post by richtel »

(Apologies if this was asked in previous GTG's- don't worry if it has)

Can the team add any more of an update to the hints given previously about engagement, sponsorship or other initiatives with academia to reinvigorate the British watchmaking industry?
Rich

"The bad news is that time flies. The good news is that you're the pilot."
StrapMeister
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 2

Post by StrapMeister »

I would like to know...
What the percentage of returns are (either faulty or using the 60/60) against total sales?
Mikkei4
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by Mikkei4 »

richtel wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:09 am The market-leading 60/60 warranty was recently discussed in relation to a need to have CW service the watch during the warranty period. Can we expect some clarification T&C's to ensure that there can be no ambiguity determining whether a fault will be covered?
+1
nbg
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 14

Post by nbg »

Mikkei4 wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 6:43 pm
richtel wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:09 am The market-leading 60/60 warranty was recently discussed in relation to a need to have CW service the watch during the warranty period. Can we expect some clarification T&C's to ensure that there can be no ambiguity determining whether a fault will be covered?
+1
+1
Other watch forums of interest:
TZ-UK
Mikkei4
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by Mikkei4 »

Is 2020 still due to be the year of the CW Chronograph?
gatehealing
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 9

Post by gatehealing »

If allowed as a topic (ok if not if this is only to be watch hardware related): can y’all comment on the QA/CS issues that persist in spite of commitments to fix? What’s the status? Can you outline specifics that will help those of us who are hesitating to purchase till this is fixed to feel a bit better about re-engaging the brand?
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

gatehealing wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 10:15 pm If allowed as a topic (ok if not if this is only to be watch hardware related): can y’all comment on the QA/CS issues that persist in spite of commitments to fix? What’s the status? Can you outline specifics that will help those of us who are hesitating to purchase till this is fixed to feel a bit better about re-engaging the brand?
Yes; its allowed.

However, time's up now as I need to collate the questions together ready for the GTG.

Guy
In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England