Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 1
LE-two: yes
LE-foura: yes

Re: Why Keep This Forum Going?

Post by scooter »

Hi jimbo

Good to know that you're alive and kicking.

scooter
#1 scooter blue 2012 FLE (50 made)
welshlad
CW-watches: 27

Post by welshlad »

Hi jimbo, it's great to hear from you.

Of course, you have left an indelible mark on the forum yourself: you created the "use only three words" thread! :D
Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future. - Niels Bohr
Amor Vincit Omnia
CW-watches: 4

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

Good to see you are back, Jimbo! :thumbup:
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
Viognier
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 5

Post by Viognier »

gaf1958 wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 8:32 am
MarkingTime wrote:This forum in itself, is a useful platform to get issues resolved and I strongly suspect that problems have indeed been resolved in a much more timely manner simply because of the publicity generated here.

No-one likes their dirty laundry aired in public.
You have a valid argument, but I for one can’t understand why the first point of call for some complainants is this forum. Surely halfway intelligent people understand that they bought a watch from CW the company, not from the forum, so why do we see posts complaining about a problem here, before they’ve even contacted the company, or in some cases asking who the hell they should contact regarding a problem.

Now, if they’ve already contacted CW and have not had a satisfactory response ... then they come here; different story and quite understandable - I’d quite possibly do that myself. They can get some advice on how the problem should be approached, raise its profile, all of those things; but surely contacting CW to rectify a problem is the first, and blindingly obvious, thing to do. I know that I wouldn’t like to see this forum become the default complaints department...
A MASSIVE +1 from me on Gary's impeccably worded post above!
Small collection of timepieces that I enjoy
Viognier
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 5

Re: Frankly Not My Problem

Post by Viognier »

scooter wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 9:12 am Well said Gary.

The only reason that the Forum is full of negativity is the number of people who come here purely to whinge and whine about a CW watch that 'has a problem.'

Those same people are quick enough to laud CW to high Heaven once they have got what they want.

Got a problem with a Christopher Ward watch. Go seek advice from CW.

scooter
+1 here as well and also agree with Thermexman's comment about the disappearing act after the whinging…..
Small collection of timepieces that I enjoy
what-time-is-it
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by what-time-is-it »

I'm sympathetic to the negative posters because CW have created this monster and have had plenty of time to do something about it.

The forum may be more of a negative place compared to the good old days, but it reflects the frustration of many customers who no doubt have attempted to contact CW via the official channels and hit a brick wall, or have received a very slow or zero response from CW. Wera left a big void and was clearly excellent at spinning plates.

So if option 1 (CW HQ) is not responsive then option 2 is likely to be the Forum, Trustpilot or Social Media and if all else fails you contact your creditcard company for a chargeback.

When I joined this forum most people praised CW for it's fantastic service and excellent 60/60 offering. It's clear service levels have dropped through the floor in 2019 and they can't cope.

They have lost and continue to lose business because of this - I'm not saying all service is bad, but from my own perspective every order I placed in early 2019 had problems and it appears they are still happening and guess what folks, it'll probably get worse in the run up to XMAS.
Current collection incl Citizen, G-Shock, Rolex, Seiko, Sinn & Tag.

Chris
jimbo
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Post by jimbo »

Thanks for the "Hello's" fellers, glad to see you also are still around/oblong :)
Remember...your left hand has the thumb on the right hand side
gatehealing
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 9

Why Keep This Forum Going?

Post by gatehealing »

Meh. Never mind
Bungle-ator
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by Bungle-ator »

what-time-is-it wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 4:58 pm
. Wera left a big void and was clearly excellent at spinning plates.
There's been a lot of mention of Wera on here. Wera's name was on the packaging as the sender when my watch came back from repair. I don't know if that means she's back or CW's DHL account just hasn't been updated since she left?
welshlad
CW-watches: 27

Post by welshlad »

Bungle-ator wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 10:20 pm Wera's name was on the packaging as the sender when my watch came back from repair. I don't know if that means she's back or CW's DHL account just hasn't been updated since she left?
The official CW sender details have never been updated since she left. It says the same whichever courier is used I think. It doesn't mean she's back, unfortunately.
Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future. - Niels Bohr
what-time-is-it
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by what-time-is-it »

Bungle-ator wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 10:20 pm
what-time-is-it wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 4:58 pm
. Wera left a big void and was clearly excellent at spinning plates.
There's been a lot of mention of Wera on here. Wera's name was on the packaging as the sender when my watch came back from repair. I don't know if that means she's back or CW's DHL account just hasn't been updated since she left?
Account holder that's never been updated. Not too much of an issue as she is Mrs Ward!
Current collection incl Citizen, G-Shock, Rolex, Seiko, Sinn & Tag.

Chris