Delivery timescales

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
what-time-is-it
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 1

Re: Delivery timescales

Post by what-time-is-it »

Plenty of unhappy people on Trustpilot and not just on the forum.
Whatever positive changes CW are making, they don't appear to be working. :thumbdown:
Too many recent releases and imho just selling as much as they can before XMAS and if 10% are unhappy then so be it.
Current collection incl Citizen, G-Shock, Rolex, Seiko, Sinn & Tag.

Chris
Gripper
Senior
Senior

Post by Gripper »

Rice & Gravy wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 3:38 pm I emailed them Friday, a week after my NN order, and received a message back yesterday that there was a "delay in despatch" and that it would be investigated.

For a company whose sole sales presence is online and had been in business selling on line as long as Christopher Ward have, a week plus delay in shipping an in-stock item is unacceptable and hard to understand. I am really not happy.
Hi All

New to the forum. Ordered my first CW watch, NN ,at the same time a week ago last Friday, still no despatch email. In the meantime ordered another watch from Beaverbrooks online last Wednesday eve at 9.00pm delivered free in less than 48 hours on the Friday!
Mark
So I went to buy a watch, and the man in the shop said "Analogue." I said "No, just a watch."
Rice and Gravy
Expert
Expert

Post by Rice and Gravy »

I contacted them again yesterday, and have received no response. As we head towards the end of business day 8 and no status or shipping, I am increasingly aggravated and fed up. I'll be calling in a couple of hours if I don't hear anything by 4pm London time.
Omega SMP 2254.50
Omega Aqua Terra 8900 Blue
Christopher Ward C60 Trident 300 White
Hamilton Jazzmaster Day/Date
Casio G-Shock GWM5610-1
what-time-is-it
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by what-time-is-it »

From the website:
All delivery estimates are after despatch. Our customer promise is to despatch within 2 working days from order, unless the order has been held for a particular reason, e.g. engraving.
Please note that during periods of exceptional demand e.g Sales and Promotions, particularly when these coincide with UK public holidays, there may be some delay to the timings quoted.We endeavour to minimise these delays and keep customers informed where there are exceptional delays.
:silent:
Current collection incl Citizen, G-Shock, Rolex, Seiko, Sinn & Tag.

Chris
Soporsche
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 9

Post by Soporsche »

Hmm, when I started this thread I insisted it wasnt going to be a CW bashing, Im a fan of the brand and currently own 7 + sold 4. I deal with specific issues directly with the vendor rather than ranting on a forum.
That said, now the pointless rant:
I am really frustrated with the poor communication from CW, no updates unless I chase and then the info is not always accurate.
For an an internet only retailer (any retailer), comms/CS are vital in building and retaining relationships.
Consequently I will be placing no further new orders for watches with CW (inc. FLE)

However much I like the physical product, the buying experience is currently so poor and with luxury (non essential) items like watches, should be an integral part of the 'product'.
Im hoping the situation changes and at some point I can reconsider but not for the forseeable future.

In the interim I shall continue to lurk/post here (where my experience has been great) and maybe purchase pre owned via forum SC or even (maybe) Ebay.
Stephen

A few CWs and other brands
Soporsche
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 9

Post by Soporsche »

Sorry guys (and ladies), the above was simply a letting off steam and I appreciate is boring to read.
Stephen

A few CWs and other brands
Botsy
Junior
Junior

Post by Botsy »

I ordered my trident 40mm late on the 21st using the next day £10 extra but trident15 discount and the watch shipped today(22nd) and will be delivered via DPD tomorrow so they can be swift if they want to be! I’m in the UK of course.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Toph
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 6

Post by Toph »

I agree . I love the product but the service and hassle and frustration is so disappointing. I nearly bought another CW as was so impressed by the quality of my first in September but stopped and thought about my experience and the read more people’s issues on FB, here , etc and decided on something else. I’m really warming to the brand, designs and quality but with the current service levels it’s just frustration we don’t need . :) looking forward to an FLE though - that I can wait for
Soporsche wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 4:32 pm Hmm, when I started this thread I insisted it wasnt going to be a CW bashing, Im a fan of the brand and currently own 7 + sold 4. I deal with specific issues directly with the vendor rather than ranting on a forum.
That said, now the pointless rant:
I am really frustrated with the poor communication from CW, no updates unless I chase and then the info is not always accurate.
For an an internet only retailer (any retailer), comms/CS are vital in building and retaining relationships.
Consequently I will be placing no further new orders for watches with CW (inc. FLE)

However much I like the physical product, the buying experience is currently so poor and with luxury (non essential) items like watches, should be an integral part of the 'product'.
Im hoping the situation changes and at some point I can reconsider but not for the forseeable future.

In the interim I shall continue to lurk/post here (where my experience has been great) and maybe purchase pre owned via forum SC or even (maybe) Ebay.
Where no counsel is the people fall but in a multitude of counsellors there is safety
Instagram @tophstewart
Amor Vincit Omnia
CW-watches: 4

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

Botsy wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 10:38 pm I ordered my trident 40mm late on the 21st using the next day £10 extra but trident15 discount and the watch shipped today(22nd) and will be delivered via DPD tomorrow so they can be swift if they want to be! I’m in the UK of course.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Welcome to the forum and thank you for sharing a positive experience. :thumbup:
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
FloridaPhil
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Post by FloridaPhil »

Amor Vincit Omnia wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 1:44 pm Welcome to the forum and thank you for sharing a positive experience. :thumbup:
Is it unreasonable to EXPECT a positive experience when dealing with an internet sales only company? That's what they live or die by IMO.

These are the recent 1, 2 and 3 star reviews on Trustpilot. Do you spot the theme?

https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/www.ch ... =2&stars=3

Whatever is being done to 'fix' the problem clearly isn't being done fast enough.
WatchChat on Facebook
The friendliest watch group on Facebook chatting about our watch passion and whatever else happens to come up.
sproughton
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by sproughton »

FloridaPhil wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 3:09 pm
Amor Vincit Omnia wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 1:44 pm Welcome to the forum and thank you for sharing a positive experience. :thumbup:
Is it unreasonable to EXPECT a positive experience when dealing with an internet sales only company? That's what they live or die by IMO.

These are the recent 1, 2 and 3 star reviews on Trustpilot. Do you spot the theme?

https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/www.ch ... =2&stars=3

Whatever is being done to 'fix' the problem clearly isn't being done fast enough.
Expecting good service is perfectly fine, but if only those who experience issues post then it's going to give a one sided view. Trust Pilot has far more positive reviews than negative ones so it's good to know that most people are getting what they expect.

That doesn't take away from the fact that there are clearly large issues with the customer service, as there has been for some time. Whether that's process/people or most likely both, let's hope they pull their fingers out and put a resolution in place asap.
Rice and Gravy
Expert
Expert

Post by Rice and Gravy »

I called yesterday. The order was tracked down and I was told it was delayed. Yes, I know that, you told me that before, I still haven't received a despatch notice, and that's why I am calling... Was assured it would be made a priority, whatever that means, and would be shipped as soon as possible. I then received an email this morning from Katie today that shipments were delayed and it should ship this week. Needless to say I fired off a response with my displeasure describing how terrible I felt the communication and details were, explained what I was told yesterday and expressed how preposterous it was that a company selling solely via the internet couldn't get this shipped yet after 8 business days. She responded immediately that it would be shipped today and I would received a tracking number.

Nothing yet as it approaches 5pm there.
Omega SMP 2254.50
Omega Aqua Terra 8900 Blue
Christopher Ward C60 Trident 300 White
Hamilton Jazzmaster Day/Date
Casio G-Shock GWM5610-1
nordwulf

Post by nordwulf »

nordwulf wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 3:29 pm I received response from CW today saying "The order will be leaving in the next 2 working days." This order was placed on October 11.

8 business days or 1.5 weeks to ship out a watch that is in stock seems pretty slow. Hopefully they will get these delays sorted out soon.
Received a shipment notice an hour ago so the NN C60 40mm is on its way.
Gripper
Senior
Senior

Post by Gripper »

nordwulf wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 4:43 pm
nordwulf wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 3:29 pm I received response from CW today saying "The order will be leaving in the next 2 working days." This order was placed on October 11.

8 business days or 1.5 weeks to ship out a watch that is in stock seems pretty slow. Hopefully they will get these delays sorted out soon.
Received a shipment notice an hour ago so the NN C60 40mm is on its way.
Same here for order placed October 11.
Mark
So I went to buy a watch, and the man in the shop said "Analogue." I said "No, just a watch."
Amor Vincit Omnia

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

FloridaPhil wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 3:09 pm

Yes, of course I spot the theme. If you look back I’ve commented on it before. It shouldn’t happen.

To address your other question, yes it is perfectly right to EXPECT a positive experience. It’s okay to SHARE it as well. As Spoughton says, the picture is inevitably skewed if only the bad stuff is shared.

The things that shouldn’t happen, do. That needs to be sorted. Share that on the forum by all means, but don’t knock people for sharing positive experiences. They are equally valid.
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)