Delivery timescales

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
tg07

Re: Delivery timescales

Post by tg07 »

Union - I'd reach out to them to check on status.
DEV.Woulf
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 10

Post by DEV.Woulf »

UNIONmagazine wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 7:18 pmI ordered a new C65 back on the 8th and haven't heard from them since receiving the confirmation email. I don't have enough experience in buying watches to know if this is the norm or not.
Well, you know... they are a bit busy writing 'witty' emails and inserting watch descriptions with spy puns. You should get a shipment notice after they reach their repairs quota though. :thumbup:
Christopher Ward | LORIER | MONTA | SEIKO

Joseph.
UNIONmagazine
Junior
Junior
CW-watches: 1

Post by UNIONmagazine »

tg07 wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 7:31 pm Union - I'd reach out to them to check on status.
I may do tomorrow. I've been away for the last two weeks and have been a bit distracted.
tg07

Post by tg07 »

UNIONmagazine wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 8:30 pm
tg07 wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 7:31 pm Union - I'd reach out to them to check on status.
I may do tomorrow. I've been away for the last two weeks and have been a bit distracted.
I think it'll help to get it expedited. Good luck.
nauf
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 7

Post by nauf »

tg07 wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 8:56 pm
Exactly. Email them to check on status. In my case, I emailed Scott who was the CW Logistic Manager, now resigned and Kyran replaces him. He updated the status of my order.

[update]: After two weeks in custom, my watch C65 SH21 finally cleared for delivery and picked up at DHL centre last Tuesday.
As I mentioned in my earlier comments, the parcel was shipped without commercial invoice, DHL tried to contact CS but no reply. I emailed CS personally to forward / prepare the invoive for DHL as soon as possible and also no reply. After 2 days my email was unanswered, I emailed again and cc'ed to Chris. Ward. This time around, CS replied with apology for late reply and confirming that they were in contact with DHL. That reply from CS I received after Chris. Ward emailed me saying that he will send someone to give CS a gentle reminder.

So my opinion, email them to know the status of delivery but don't push them to expedite the process. I believe they are handling a lot of orders especially on the new military models. Give them time to sort out.
My small CW collection:
|C20 Lido|C65 GMT|C7 Auto|C60 MKII Bronze|C65 Auto|C60 MKIII GMT|C65 SH21 LE|C65 AM GT LE
UNIONmagazine
Junior
Junior

Post by UNIONmagazine »

nauf wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 8:19 am

Exactly. Email them to check on status. In my case, I emailed Scott who was the CW Logistic Manager, now resigned and Kyran replaces him. He updated the status of my order.

[update]: After two weeks in custom, my watch C65 SH21 finally cleared for delivery and picked up at DHL centre last Tuesday.
As I mentioned in my earlier comments, the parcel was shipped without commercial invoice, DHL tried to contact CS but no reply. I emailed CS personally to forward / prepare the invoive for DHL as soon as possible and also no reply. After 2 days my email was unanswered, I emailed again and cc'ed to Chris. Ward. This time around, CS replied with apology for late reply and confirming that they were in contact with DHL. That reply from CS I received after Chris. Ward emailed me saying that he will send someone to give CS a gentle reminder.

So my opinion, email them to know the status of delivery but don't push them to expedite the process. I believe they are handling a lot of orders especially on the new military models. Give them time to sort out.
I did speak with CS this morning. They told me that I should know early next week when I could expect delivery. I decided to cancel the order and re-order the watch with the £10 next day delivery option. In theory it should now arrive either tomorrow or Monday.
TigerChris
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by TigerChris »

UNIONmagazine wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 1:43 pm

I did speak with CS this morning. They told me that I should know early next week when I could expect delivery. I decided to cancel the order and re-order the watch with the £10 next day delivery option. In theory it should now arrive either tomorrow or Monday.
Unbelievable really. After what happened the last time, as soon as your name was seen it should have triggered the ‘we’d best prioritise this one as we’ve got a second chance with this guy’ thought.
nordwulf

Post by nordwulf »

Ordered a NN C60 and titanium bracelet a week ago and no shipment notification so far.
Rice and Gravy
Expert
Expert

Post by Rice and Gravy »

TigerChris wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 1:53 pm

Unbelievable really. After what happened the last time, as soon as your name was seen it should have triggered the ‘we’d best prioritise this one as we’ve got a second chance with this guy’ thought.
I was thinking the exact same.
nordwulf wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 2:03 pm Ordered a NN C60 and titanium bracelet a week ago and no shipment notification so far. Pretty disappointing, it is not like there were a huge number of watches in the sale . Maybe I'll just cancel if I haven't heard back by Monday.
Same. And considering I wasn't even sure I was keeping it I am even more inclined to do this. I've tried to give them the benefit of the doubt with the military line coming in and getting those out, but a full week to ship is MORE than enough and a bit ridiculous for a company that only sells from an internet marketplace.
Omega SMP 2254.50
Omega Aqua Terra 8900 Blue
Christopher Ward C60 Trident 300 White
Hamilton Jazzmaster Day/Date
Casio G-Shock GWM5610-1
BlueIn2Red

Post by BlueIn2Red »

The military line isn't out yet is it? Or are they "pre-order for early November" on the CW site because the first batch have sold out?
Rice and Gravy
Expert
Expert

Post by Rice and Gravy »

I am not sure. I know someone who received the Sandhurst this week, so maybe that was first batch and they are waiting on a 2nd??
Omega SMP 2254.50
Casio G-Shock GWM5610-1
UNIONmagazine
Junior
Junior

Post by UNIONmagazine »

TigerChris wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 1:53 pm

I had my doubts about the "next day" delivery making a difference so I emailed to see if it included Saturdays. No answer. Fair enough, it's fairly normal these days for CS emails to be ignored for a day or two so I called. The CS lady told me the extra strap that I'd ordered had only just come back into stock so my order had been overlooked. She said she'd refund the £10 "next day" fee and ship the order on Monday to arrive on Tuesday.

All no big deal and I'm fairly happy with the way the lady dealt with the situation. It would have been nice to have had the watch in my hands tomorrow but I'm hapy to wait. I asume that the extra strap was the reason the initial order was taking so long.

If only they had communicated this to me.
BlueIn2Red

Post by BlueIn2Red »

They really do seem in a mess at the moment. I made another order this morning, paying the £10 next day delivery fee. No dispatch email again, so no doubt my order has also been "overlooked" again. It's a bit shocking really for a company set up to only sell through their online store.
nordwulf

Post by nordwulf »

I received response from CW today saying "The order will be leaving in the next 2 working days." This order was placed on October 11.

8 business days or 1.5 weeks to ship out a watch that is in stock seems pretty slow. Hopefully they will get these delays sorted out soon.
Rice and Gravy
Expert
Expert

Post by Rice and Gravy »

I emailed them Friday, a week after my NN order, and received a message back yesterday that there was a "delay in despatch" and that it would be investigated.

For a company whose sole sales presence is online and had been in business selling on line as long as Christopher Ward have, a week plus delay in shipping an in-stock item is unacceptable and hard to understand. I am really not happy.
Omega SMP 2254.50
Casio G-Shock GWM5610-1