Delivery timescales

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
BlueIn2Red

Re: Delivery timescales

Post by BlueIn2Red »

I did pay the £10 (I've already asked for this to be refunded!), and it was a new watch, not nearly new. Obviously something has gone wrong, so I'll phone first thing and chase it up. Thanks for the help guys.
TigerChris
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 1

Post by TigerChris »

Simple things CW, simple things. They really do need to start getting these simple things right.
BlueIn2Red

Post by BlueIn2Red »

BlueIn2Red wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 8:18 pm I did pay the £10 (I've already asked for this to be refunded!), and it was a new watch, not nearly new. Obviously something has gone wrong, so I'll phone first thing and chase it up. Thanks for the help guys.
Small update when I phoned: "I can see there's been some sort of computer error on our side". They're going to refund the £10, and chase it up and get back to me as to when I might get the watch. Annoying, but I'm pleased at least they answered the phone and offered an honest (I assume!) initial explanation.
BlueIn2Red

Post by BlueIn2Red »

Just to complete the story - they did phone me back, and promise that the watch will be delivered tomorrow. No explanation as to what went wrong (and I didn't ask to be fair), but they did say they had to cancel the old order and raise another one, to clear things out.
BlueIn2Red

Post by BlueIn2Red »

Random(ish) aside - do orders ever change from "Processing"? All mine are stuck in that status, including already delivered and cancelled orders.
Laird
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 66

Post by Laird »

I asked the same Q - to be raised in the next CWL open session - the cognescenti on here suggest it only happens with PayPal purchases - but I'm not convinced ...
|C70s|C7 BB, IRR, BRG, RC, Hornet, Valjoux|C3 GT|C4 Phoenix|C40 SpeedHawk|C5 BoB, Aviator|C8 Pilots*3, UTC & AD|C60 316L Y, O, B, GMT, DD Valjoux|C65 316LE,Classic LE, DT LE, 2VEV|C1 WT|C9 Pulse, JH2, AMGT, SSH21|C11 HRDC & Makaira|
TigerChris
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by TigerChris »

Laird wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 11:50 am I asked the same Q - to be raised in the next CWL open session - the cognescenti on here suggest it only happens with PayPal purchases - but I'm not convinced ...
Out of interest, I’ve just logged into my account and looked at my orders page. It does seem that the Paypal theory is correct, certainly in my case. I have only ever paid for one strap order using paypal and the rest of the purchases have been on debit/credit card. All card transactions are marked as complete but the Paypal order still says processing. I am slightly confused as to what the ‘return’ column is for though - I’ve only ever had to return one for repair under 60/60, which isn’t a watch listed on there as it was a ‘Wera’s sofa’ purchase, yet they all say ‘return’ in that column?
what-time-is-it
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by what-time-is-it »

I've always paid with a credit card and all my past orders are showing pending, apart from returns packs which are processing.
Current collection incl Citizen, G-Shock, Rolex, Seiko, Sinn & Tag.

Chris
Rice and Gravy
Expert
Expert

Post by Rice and Gravy »

TigerChris wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 12:33 pm
Laird wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 11:50 am I asked the same Q - to be raised in the next CWL open session - the cognescenti on here suggest it only happens with PayPal purchases - but I'm not convinced ...
Out of interest, I’ve just logged into my account and looked at my orders page. It does seem that the Paypal theory is correct, certainly in my case. I have only ever paid for one strap order using paypal and the rest of the purchases have been on debit/credit card. All card transactions are marked as complete but the Paypal order still says processing. I am slightly confused as to what the ‘return’ column is for though - I’ve only ever had to return one for repair under 60/60, which isn’t a watch listed on there as it was a ‘Wera’s sofa’ purchase, yet they all say ‘return’ in that column?
I tried to use that 'return' link to initiate a return recently and it does nothing when clicked.
Omega SMP 2254.50
Omega Aqua Terra 8900 Blue
Christopher Ward C60 Trident 300 White
Hamilton Jazzmaster Day/Date
Casio G-Shock GWM5610-1
A1soknownas
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by A1soknownas »

Just for info, I have orders still showing as status processing almost year after delivery which were paid by card with no connection to PayPal, so it is defo not just isolated to PP.

In terms of delivery I have always just paid the next day delivery fee to avoid the ambiguity of how long standard delivery may take and CW have delivered next day as described. If you don't pay I guess I would expect to wait 3-5 working days which seems the norm with other online deliveries.

If buying pre-order or not in stock many retailers omit the next day option as it isn't going to happen but i'm not sure if CW do this. There is little point paying next day when you are not sure when the trigger date is for the next day countdown to begin. Often with pre-orders of other goods with a specified release date they come the day after as is the benefit of the pre-order scenario. This can't happen with CW as they can't accurately predict a date with the volatility of a watch supply chain and so give the Month.

I guess the key is communication and that confirmations, updates when unexpected delays happen and tracking info is provided to keep us all in the know.
TigerChris
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by TigerChris »

Rice & Gravy wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 12:43 pm
TigerChris wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 12:33 pm
I tried to use that 'return' link to initiate a return recently and it does nothing when clicked.
Ahhhh, they are supposed to be links to click on to initiate a return then. Cheers :thumbup:

OK, I’ve just clicked on them all to find out if mine work - nope, they do nothing on mine either.
Soporsche
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 9

Post by Soporsche »

C9 AM GT - Update for anyone waiting for their order (to arrive from Switzerland by Sept/Late Sept/Mid Oct).. Having heard nothing I chased yesterday for an update at least. Received a nice and apologetic email back from efficient CS person (CW you know who!). Apparently "the watches have arrived and have passed Quality Check and will be sent out next week"... Yaaay! :D (Im assuming from this not just mine)

Now I accept I am very impatient (and built a career from helping companies develop product service offering/CS/Client comms and relationship management).. my reaction to above is;
1) fantastic not long now till I have my new toy.
2) You could have updated me without me chasing (expectation management).
3) If they are in and passed QC why wait until next week to dispatch (yes I know, volume/resourcing/busy etc)
4) Once again... Yaaaay not long now until it arrives, kid at christmas and all that :D

To add to the comments in above thread re dispatch emails from CW/DPD - The process sometimes works and sometimes doesnt. On my last 4 CW orders; 2 worked seamlessly, 1 I didnt receive a dispatch email at all and 1 received shortly after the watch arrived! So in this chronological order :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbdown: :? The items themselves though :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Stephen

A few CWs and other brands
Ranger
Guru
Guru
CW-watches: 19

Post by Ranger »

Soporsche wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 1:58 pm C9 AM GT - Update for anyone waiting for their order (to arrive from Switzerland by Sept/Late Sept/Mid Oct).. Having heard nothing I chased yesterday for an update at least. Received a nice and apologetic email back from efficient CS person (CW you know who!). Apparently "the watches have arrived and have passed Quality Check and will be sent out next week"... Yaaay! :D (Im assuming from this not just mine)...
I'm just off the phone to customer service regarding my C9 AM GT, apparently they had failed quality checks about 6 weeks ago and were sent back to Switzerland for repair.

They're now back and have passed QC, so really looking forward to getting my brand new repaired watch in the next week or so. :lol:
Gettin' A Whole Lot Older Every Day...
albionphoto
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 10

Post by albionphoto »

Ranger wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:20 pm
Soporsche wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 1:58 pm C9 AM GT - Update for anyone waiting for their order (to arrive from Switzerland by Sept/Late Sept/Mid Oct).. Having heard nothing I chased yesterday for an update at least. Received a nice and apologetic email back from efficient CS person (CW you know who!). Apparently "the watches have arrived and have passed Quality Check and will be sent out next week"... Yaaay! :D (Im assuming from this not just mine)...
I'm just off the phone to customer service regarding my C9 AM GT, apparently they had failed quality checks about 6 weeks ago and were sent back to Switzerland for repair.

They're now back and have passed QC, so really looking forward to getting my brand new repaired watch in the next week or so. :lol:
I wonder if something similar is happening to the C60 Apex.
Mark
Bremont, Casio, Citizen, Christopher Ward, Chronotechna, Mido, Omega and Oris
UNIONmagazine
Junior
Junior

Post by UNIONmagazine »

I posted a few weeks back about a C65 Trident GMT that leaked water on it's first dip in the ocean. The CS experience started badly but gradually improved and resulted in a full refund and some friendly emails from Mike France and Adrian Buchmann.

After a week or two of reflection I decided to spend the refunded money back with CW. They eventually came through for me so it seemed like the decent thing to do. I also love the look of their watches.

I ordered a new C65 back on the 8th and haven't heard from them since receiving the confirmation email. I don't have enough experience in buying watches to know if this is the norm or not.