SOTC: CStokes23 - Sept 19

Proudly display your current State Of The Collection
Forum rules
Here you may post and share your State of The Collection (SOTC).
Please title your post with Your Forum name and date such as Kip - July 2014
If you wish to update your collection, please start a new topic following the same format. That will insure that your current SOTC will be at the top.
This area is for SOTC threads only. All others will be moved or deleted.
Cstokes23

SOTC: CStokes23 - Sept 19

Post by Cstokes23 »

I’m new to the forum so I thought I would introduce myself and my current collection here.

I’ve been through a ‘fair few’ watches up to this point and have found 3-5 in my collection is my sweet spot.

In order of last in is the Monta Triumph. I was looking for something sub 40mm, quite thin as my usual is larger thick divers, something with some water resistance, basically something of an all rounder.

Then the Planet Ocean, aside from the fact I just LOVE the PO, as someone who travels occasionally the jumping hour hand was my justification for having two Omega divers in my small collection.

Finally my longest serving is the SMPc, the only one with any sentimental meaning and only sure thing in my collection. I wore it to the birth of my first daughter, I then sold it when I saw something ‘new’ before quickly realising what a mistake I had made and thankfully was able to buy it back. I will also be wearing it to my upcoming wedding and birth of my second daughter.

So without further ado;
6A95EEF6-6962-468E-BBC6-EB96039B4BEC.jpeg

There’s space for another 1 or possibly 2, I’ve got some ideas but I’ll see how these three get along and what I’m missing. :D
welshlad
CW-watches: 27

Re: SOTC: CStokes23 - Sept 19

Post by welshlad »

Welcome to the forum and thanks for sharing your collection with us. You've got three cracking watches there. :thumbup:
Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future. - Niels Bohr
Mikkei4
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by Mikkei4 »

Welcome to the forum.

3 watches that I'd be happy to own and wear. I was considering buying 1 of the Monta range but the additional customs charge over to UK put me off as it'd push it to upper budget or over for such a watch.

Are you in the USA/Canada to have made the Monta purchase easier? How does the quality compare to the 2 Omega?
Cstokes23

Post by Cstokes23 »

welshlad wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 12:38 pm Welcome to the forum and thanks for sharing your collection with us. You've got three cracking watches there. :thumbup:
Thanks! These are the three that I’ve had no desire to sell for anything else. :)

Mikkei4 wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 1:38 pm Welcome to the forum.

3 watches that I'd be happy to own and wear. I was considering buying 1 of the Monta range but the additional customs charge over to UK put me off as it'd push it to upper budget or over for such a watch.

Are you in the USA/Canada to have made the Monta purchase easier? How does the quality compare to the 2 Omega?
Thanks! I’m in the UK actually, but the Triumph ticked all the boxes I was looking for so I watched and read as many reviews as I could before I pulled the trigger. I went second hand to reduce the risk and luckily it paid off!

Quality wise, it is impressive for a micro brand and I think it holds its own next to the Omegas quite well. It’s been taking a good chunk of wrist time off the Omegas, so that may also say something also!
Thegreyman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 6

Post by Thegreyman »

Welcome to the forum and thanks for the back story to your watches, 3 crackers you have there.
Patrick

C60 Pro 300, C60 Sunrise, C63 Sealander Lucerne blue LE, C65 Dartmouth, W11 Amelia (wife), C63 Sealander (son)

Some others + a few on the way
Mark H

Post by Mark H »

This is a fabulous forum - collections never cease to interest with new or different timepiece models & manufacturers being shown almost daily.
gaf1958
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 24

Post by gaf1958 »

Very nice! I’m quite partial to an Omega and I’ve heard very good reports on the Monta ranges; it certainly seems like it’s not out of place next to the two Seamasters.
CW C1+2xC3+6xC6/60K+C7+C11+3xC60T+2xC65+C90+2xC600
Omega Ω 11xSpeedy+14xSeamaster+4xConnie+DeVille
Cartier+2xPanerai+2xFarer+2xOris+Sinn+11xSeiko+ManyVintage
B&R+Halios+5xVisitor+TagH+6xTissot+2xZelos+4xCertina+more
Family12xCW+2xΩ+Cartier
blowfish89
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
LE-three: yes

Post by blowfish89 »

Great collection - black, grey, and blue.
Viognier
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 5

Post by Viognier »

Warm forum welcome!

Fantastic collection of three. Might any CW watches be in your crosshairs?
Small collection of timepieces that I enjoy