Advice please

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
JulesH

Re: Advice please

Post by JulesH »

I am not a watch fan as said I just wanted some advice. Thank you to those who helped but the rude ones are pathetic little boys. I will not buy a christopher ward watch as th efans do not help only the nice people.
Amor Vincit Omnia
CW-watches: 4

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

Irrespective of whether individuals are rude or polite, I wouldn’t necessarily use that as the basis for a decision to buy or not to buy a particular watch. Slightly too subjective, if you ask me.

I have met plenty of objectionable Rolex owners but I still want an Explorer!
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
smegwina
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 11

Post by smegwina »

As the "op" has found a non CW watch and is utterly unable to understand the whole concept of an online only retailer can we put this thread to bed as it is p1551ng me and probably many others off. The longer this farce continues the worse it gets.

Sent from my Redmi Note 6 Pro using Tapatalk

JulesH

Post by JulesH »

Others were able to help but you are just rude and weird. Maybe one day when you need advice about lingerie or handbags you may need help too!
smegwina
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 11

Post by smegwina »

JulesH wrote:Others were able to help but you are just rude and weird. Maybe one day when you need advice about lingerie or handbags you may need help too!
Actually I was also thinking of you. You have found a watch that you like, which is fantastic, but also feel that you have been on the end of unfair criticism. Therefore is there any point in continuing with this thread?

We would love to hear more about you on an introduction thread and we can then start again.

Oh and I do have a rather lovely lingerie supplier, although I rarely wear it with a handbag.

Macdaz
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 14

Post by Macdaz »

smegwina wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 12:06 pm As the "op" has found a non CW watch... can we put this thread to bed as it is p1551ng me and probably many others off. The longer this farce continues the worse it gets.
Couldn't agree more.

One of two things is happening here:

1. We are just further compounding a problem of upsetting and offending a genuine new poster who was after some advice, but no longer needs it; and is definitely not going to hang around the forum to discuss CW watches.
2. We are indulging a troll and wasting our own time.

I make no judgement on which one of those it is, but either way, it's not worth anybody (OP or forum member) wasting any more of their time with it.
SMP|Victorinox Groundforce|Mako/XL|Steinhart OVM|Smiths Everest|C60 Trident 600|C8 Pilot Mk2|Vostok 1965|C8 Flyer Mk1|Seiko Monster|C7 Rapide|Steinhart Aviation|C65 GMT|C9 AMGTLE|C60 Bronze|C8 Al Deere|C65 SC|C63 GMT|C65 Chrono|C63 Auto|C65 Dune|2023 FLE
scooter
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 1
LE-two: yes
LE-foura: yes

My Advice

Post by scooter »

When in doubt, don't engage.

There, I've just done it myself.

Thread reported for review by Moderators.

scooter
#1 scooter blue 2012 FLE (50 made)
Amor Vincit Omnia
CW-watches: 4

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

The Admin Team has been discussing this and we are in agreement.
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)