Re: Advice please

Post by neilj568 »

Is this Madjam again?
Forumgod
Forumgod
CW-watches: 7

Post by johnnysharp2 »

Whoever it was obviously doesn’t want to say anything as ‘she’ was just online.

Don’t know the history of these people being talked about, but won’t be best pleased having wasted my time replying to the questions.

If it is just a hoax then admin may need to look at somehow adding an additional sub forum for new members until they reach a number of posts, any similar threads like this I won’t be contributing again.
Johnny
0uatiOW
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 4

Post by 0uatiOW »

If it is a hoax, what on earth would be the point? I can’t see what the hoaxer would get out of it.
My name is 0uatiOW, but before you ask, no I don’t.
“Exquisitely minging” MissF, 19 July 2022
Just call me Diderot
johnnysharp2
Forumgod
Forumgod
CW-watches: 7

Post by johnnysharp2 »

0uatiOW wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 7:49 am If it is a hoax, what on earth would be the point? I can’t see what the hoaxer would get out of it.
I agree, hopefully it isn’t. I don’t know the background of the recent comments.
But the OP has been online yet hasn’t replied.
Johnny
TheBeatles
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 6

Post by TheBeatles »

johnnysharp2 wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 7:22 am Whoever it was obviously doesn’t want to say anything as ‘she’ was just online.
Looks like user just online purely to change profile to “hidden”

If you check the “last active”, it now shows just a “-“

Easy to be clever in hindsight, but I did wonder about this. Especially after some of the moronic questions being asked. E.g. what is Chr. Ward, it’s a Chr Ward forum for gods sake.
Basically, I'm for anything that gets you through the night. Be it prayer, tranquilizers or a bottle of Jack Daniels, Frank Sinatra

All You Need Is Love, The Beatles

Too much of anything is bad. But too much of good whiskey is barely enough, Mark Twain
Mikkei4
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by Mikkei4 »

0uatiOW wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 7:49 am If it is a hoax, what on earth would be the point? I can’t see what the hoaxer would get out of it.
if a hoax who can ever understand such idiocy. But they are the sad person and at least any Forum member that tried to help was the better person.
smegwina
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 11

Post by smegwina »

TheBeatles wrote:
johnnysharp2 wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 7:22 am Whoever it was obviously doesn’t want to say anything as ‘she’ was just online.
Looks like user just online purely to change profile to “hidden”

If you check the “last active”, it now shows just a “-“

Easy to be clever in hindsight, but I did wonder about this. Especially after some of the moronic questions being asked. E.g. what is Chr. Ward, it’s a Chr Ward forum for gods sake.
Alas, it has happened so often that we can pretty much spot him within a post or two hence my not offering any input to the OP.

You always hope to be wrong though.

Sent from my Redmi Note 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Amor Vincit Omnia
CW-watches: 4

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

johnnysharp2 wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 7:22 am Don’t know the history of these people being talked about, but won’t be best pleased having wasted my time replying to the questions.

If it is just a hoax then admin may need to look at somehow adding an additional sub forum for new members until they reach a number of posts, any similar threads like this I won’t be contributing again.
1. I believe the issues involving the person/people referred to have all taken place during your time on the forum.

2. What you suggest might be difficult to implement. It should be remembered that almost all new members of the forum are genuine, and if they sometimes appear to ask naive questions it is through genuine lack of knowledge.

In the end, helpful responses are never really wasted and reflect well on the person who makes them. And no one is obliged to respond anyway.
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
JulesH

Post by JulesH »

Hi
This is so confusing and disappointing.
The Beatles called me a tit.why? But seems he removed that bit. I should hope so. I am not a watch fan and no little about watches and some have been kind and helpfulyet others are very rude. Are all forums full of men i presume so rude?? ?!

I was going to say what I was looking to buy with my friend for my husband but if this is how peoplw here are treated then I will not buy a Christopher ward watch and will be speaking to thsm. In town today none of the shops had heard of them apart from a customer how overheard us.
TheBeatles
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 6

Post by TheBeatles »

JulesH wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 1:53 pm Hi
The Beatles called me a tit.why? But seems he removed that bit. I should hope so. I am not a watch fan and no little about watches and some have been kind and helpfulyet others are very rude. Are all forums full of men i presume so rude?? ?!

I was going to say what I was looking to buy with my friend for my husband but if this is how peoplw here are treated then I will not buy a Christopher ward watch and will be speaking to thsm. In town today none of the shops had heard of them apart from a customer how overheard us.
My apologies for any offence caused. My comments were solely due to recent events on Forum. Especially as your profile showed “hidden”, which it now doesn’t. It just seemed suspicious for a new member.

I hope you find the ideal watch and generally we are a friendly bunch.
Basically, I'm for anything that gets you through the night. Be it prayer, tranquilizers or a bottle of Jack Daniels, Frank Sinatra

All You Need Is Love, The Beatles

Too much of anything is bad. But too much of good whiskey is barely enough, Mark Twain
Mikkei4
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by Mikkei4 »

It is pointless you asking watch shops if they have heard of Christopher Ward watches. As explained before CW watches are not sold in any shops. The shops you are visiting will want to sell you 1 of the brands they stock so they will not tell you that they are aware of CW watches even if they do know them nor will they say that a CW watch could be better value than some of the brands that they have in their stock.

We don't want to know where you live but it might help if you would say where the "town" is where you are looking today? People on this forum have a great awareness of the best watch shops across the UK and also other countries so could suggest the best in your area to try and buy.

Your comment regarding gender on forums is irrelevant regarding this forum. Any comments that you consider as "rude" have not been based on gender. Unfortunately there have been several previous occurrences of a few people that have dogged this forum (and probably others) with numerous false identities raising topic threads that have wasted the time and stretched the patience of forum members.

Some of your comments and actions (e.g continuing to say you will ask shops about CW or getting in a CW watch to look at when it has been explained before that CW are not sold in shops and then going "hidden") have followed the pattern of such previous time wasters hence the conclusion on here that you may not be for real.

If that conclusion is incorrect then best of luck with your purchase whatever brand you decide upon or however you make that decsision.
jtc
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2

Post by jtc »

Try in Michael Kors :thumbup:
Jon

Trusted Seller Feedback

CW | Tudor | Tag Heuer | Omega | Longines | Bremont | Rolex
JulesH

Post by JulesH »

Is it normal to mock and call women tits on here and how do I delete myself off here.i need to contact the people at christopher ward. We bought a longines not a Michael kors. No one there heard of Christopher ward too.
ItsAliveJim
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by ItsAliveJim »

JulesH wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 8:14 am Is it normal to mock and call women tits on here and how do I delete myself off here.i need to contact the people at christopher ward. We bought a longines not a Michael kors. No one there heard of Christopher ward too.
Is there nothing better to do at 7 o'clock on a Sunday morning? Wacky :lol:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What the hell is he building in there?" Tom Waits
missF
CW Forum Poet Laureate
CW Forum Poet Laureate
CW-watches: 3

Post by missF »

:roll:

i just wanted to say that my time on this forum has opened my mind to a world of watches. I've learned with time and the CWOTD and NCWOTD thread (and some purchases!) to enjoy watches, and to gradually refine my preferences. I've benefitted from every forum member who has taken time to answer a question or share their thoughts. These posts are never wasted - I'm with AVO on that.

Onwards forum! :thumbup:
watching you fail in your quest for a “one watch” has been great entertainment
Watchaholic

‘Imprudently spendy’
Thomcat00