Delivery timescales

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
Thegreyman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 6

Re: Delivery timescales

Post by Thegreyman »

Laird wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 1:29 pm Sigh ... the pleasure of getting my new watch more quickly than anticipated & the effectiveness & professional approach of DPD ... was totally marred by finding that the Date Window of the C7 Panda was offset by almost a mm from alignment with the Baton at 6 o'clock ...

Its not much, but caught my eye immediatly ....

... how come this doesnt get picked up in the 2 days taken for QC checks ?

oh, and the strap wasnt fitted - just lying loose under its elastic grips ...

No doubt, like others, I will be told its 'within acceptable parameters' ...

Hey-Ho
The face misalignment is one thing, bad enough but tolerances might come into it, maybe wasn’t visible to the naked eye in QC....however are you saying the watch was shipped sans strap...that’s ridiculous, are you meant to whip out your Bergeon and do it yourself?!

I guess it may have QR pins but I still think you should open the watch to it being on the strap.
Patrick

C60 Pro 300, C60 Sunrise, C63 Sealander Lucerne blue LE, C65 Dartmouth, W11 Amelia (wife), C63 Sealander (son)

Some others + a few on the way
Laird
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 66

Post by Laird »

The face misalignment is one thing, bad enough but tolerances might come into it, maybe wasn’t visible to the naked eye in QC...

by finding that the Date Window of the C7 Panda was offset by almost a mm from alignment with the Baton at 6 o'clock ...

Its not much, but caught my eye immediatly ....

... how come this doesnt get picked up in the 2 days taken for QC checks ?
|C70s|C7 BB, IRR, BRG, RC, Hornet, Valjoux|C3 GT|C4 Phoenix|C40 SpeedHawk|C5 BoB, Aviator|C8 Pilots*3, UTC & AD|C60 316L Y, O, B, GMT, DD Valjoux|C65 316LE,Classic LE, DT LE, 2VEV|C1 WT|C9 Pulse, JH2, AMGT, SSH21|C11 HRDC & Makaira|
Remus
Guru
Guru
CW-watches: 2

Post by Remus »

Hope mine arrives all square tomorrow. Excited. Keep you posted
Remus
DanielDZ
Junior
Junior
CW-watches: 1

Post by DanielDZ »

I find delivery times get slower when there’s upcoming launches or sales are on etc
Current watches: Tudor Black bay 36 Black dial, C65 Trident GMT Black/Orange, C30 Malvern Chronometer LTD

Previously owned CW: C65 automatic blue, C9 5-day 40mm
BlueIn2Red

Post by BlueIn2Red »

If one orders a watch which is apparently in stock (i.e. doesn't have "order for mid-October" next to it for example), and pays for next day delivery (ordering before 1pm), should you expect to get it the next working day? Or is it actually just the next day from whenever they ship it?
Amor Vincit Omnia
CW-watches: 4

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

One would imagine that the 1 pm deadline would be there in order to give them time to prep and package the watch for late afternoon dispatch and next working day delivery.
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
TigerChris
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by TigerChris »

BlueIn2Red wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 1:39 pm If one orders a watch which is apparently in stock (i.e. doesn't have "order for mid-October" next to it for example), and pays for next day delivery (ordering before 1pm), should you expect to get it the next working day? Or is it actually just the next day from whenever they ship it?
Next day delivery should mean exactly that - it should arrive the next working day
BlueIn2Red

Post by BlueIn2Red »

Thanks guys. I guess it would be better if they had a clear "In Stock" tag next to actually on hand watches which can be sent next day. It's possible to select next day delivery for example on a pre-order watch, which doesn't really make a lot of sense to me.
tg07

Post by tg07 »

BlueIn2Red wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 11:55 am Thanks guys. I guess it would be better if they had a clear "In Stock" tag next to actually on hand watches which can be sent next day. It's possible to select next day delivery for example on a pre-order watch, which doesn't really make a lot of sense to me.
I agree. I ordered 2 watches last week Monday and haven't received a delivery confirmation email. After a week, I followed up to check on status and haven't heard anything. Hoping to get these by the end of the month. :-k
BlueIn2Red

Post by BlueIn2Red »

BlueIn2Red wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 1:39 pm If one orders a watch which is apparently in stock (i.e. doesn't have "order for mid-October" next to it for example), and pays for next day delivery (ordering before 1pm), should you expect to get it the next working day? Or is it actually just the next day from whenever they ship it?
So the watch (40mm Trident Pro GMT in blue, hybrid strap) didn't arrive today (I booked the day off work to wait in for it), no notification at all from CW other than the initial confirmation email. Is this "normal"? I have emailed customer services asking them to chase it up obviously, and will phone tomorrow if they haven't replied by mid-morning.
Rice and Gravy
Expert
Expert

Post by Rice and Gravy »

But did you get a shipping confirmation and tracking number?
Omega SMP 2254.50
Omega Aqua Terra 8900 Blue
Christopher Ward C60 Trident 300 White
Hamilton Jazzmaster Day/Date
Casio G-Shock GWM5610-1
BlueIn2Red

Post by BlueIn2Red »

No, as I said, nothing other than the initial order acknowledgement. This is my first CW watch, so I didn't/don't know what to expect.
Rice and Gravy
Expert
Expert

Post by Rice and Gravy »

In that order confirmation email it says that "you will receive a despatch confirmation email as soon we ship your order, together with your tracking number so can follow its progress".

If you ordered from the "Nearly New" sale, it may take awhile, because also in that email it states, "that during sale periods, orders may take a littler longer than usual to despatch."

Combine that with the fact that some of the previously back-ordered Military line is now in and shipping, and I suspect CW CS are swapped with trying to get everything out as quickly as possible.

Hope that helps.

I ordered during the NN sale last Friday and am going to follow up Friday for a status if it doesn't ship tomorrow.
Omega SMP 2254.50
Omega Aqua Terra 8900 Blue
Christopher Ward C60 Trident 300 White
Hamilton Jazzmaster Day/Date
Casio G-Shock GWM5610-1
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

BlueIn2Red wrote:No, as I said, nothing other than the initial order acknowledgement. This is my first CW watch, so I didn't/don't know what to expect.
You should receive a 'Dispatched' email from CW, which confirms they have booked it out, but it has not necessarily left the building.

You'll then get an email ostensibly from CW, but if you look at the email address it's from DPD, which will say "We'll deliver your Christopher Ward (London) parcel on date". You then know that DPD has got it and to expect delivery next working day.

DPD will then, on the day of delivery, email their expected time of delivery (one hour window).

Guy

Sent from my Xperia XZ Premium using Tapatalk

In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
TigerChris
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by TigerChris »

If he/she paid extra for next day delivery though, it should be next day. Else, why pay the extra? So, it would be handy to know if the next day delivery was actually paid for