Post by nordwulf »

removed
StrappedUp
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 0

Re: FLE #8 design submissions

Post by StrappedUp »

TigerChris wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 1:05 pm If there is no option to add a date to the Dartmouth then my only focus would be on the C60.
Not sure how feasible this would be for CW to produce ...

Ryan
sproughton
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 4

Post by sproughton »

^^Takes away from the clean aesthetic in my opinion.
TigerChris
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 1

Post by TigerChris »

StrappedUp wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 3:11 pm
TigerChris wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 1:05 pm If there is no option to add a date to the Dartmouth then my only focus would be on the C60.
Not sure how feasible this would be for CW to produce ...

Thinking about it, I don't think it is feasible. The movement used has had the date wheel removed if I remember correctly so if a date was put on there it wouldn't be using the COSC movement I don't think? Someone with more knowledge about it than me may be able to clarify though?
StrappedUp
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by StrappedUp »

Entirely feasible Chris. The SW200 is certifiable as a chronometer if I'm not mistaken.

I was thinking more from the point of creating a dial aperture at 6 and making a new, smaller 6 marker.
Ryan
TigerChris
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by TigerChris »

StrappedUp wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 3:39 pm Entirely feasible Chris. The SW200 is certifiable as a chronometer if I'm not mistaken.

I was thinking more from the point of creating a dial aperture at 6 and making a new, smaller 6 marker.
I believe the SW200 is indeed certifiable as a chronometer, my thoughts were would CW actually be able or willing to get only 25 certified? If its possible then it would be one cracking watch and I would definitely be in. Maybe we need Kip to jump in and tell us what is/isn't possible?
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

If a 'date' is added to the C65 Dartmouth, I'm out.

The attraction of the Dartmouth, to me, is the no date aspect. I've already got enough 'date' watches and the simplicity of a no date appeals.

I'm quite happy to accept the date on a C60 Trident, as that's what it comes with anyway.

Actually, thinking about it, how about a 'no date' C60 Trident? That will be different.

Guy

Sent from my Xperia XZ Premium using Tapatalk

In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
FloridaPhil
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Post by FloridaPhil »

Kip wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 2:50 pm From my very first FLE #8 post here.
Kip wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 11:24 am
We can get an applied device i.e. the Twin Flags, at 12 but there will be NO Logo changes or moves; so please don't ask.

We can alter the dial print (not the logo).
And yet, CW do it themselves as per the Military line.
WatchChat on Facebook
The friendliest watch group on Facebook chatting about our watch passion and whatever else happens to come up.
TigerChris
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by TigerChris »

Bahnstormer_vRS wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 3:54 pm If a 'date' is added to the C65 Dartmouth, I'm out.

The attraction of the Dartmouth, to me, is the no date aspect. I've already got enough 'date' watches and the simplicity of a no date appeals.

I'm quite happy to accept the date on a C60 Trident, as that's what it comes with anyway.

Actually, thinking about it, how about a 'no date' C60 Trident? That will be different.

Guy

Sent from my Xperia XZ Premium using Tapatalk
If the 'date' is removed from the C60 Trident, I'm out :lol: :lol:
TheBeatles
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 6

Post by TheBeatles »

C60 with or without date, I’m still on fence about purchase.

But those C65 renders have made it an easier decision, not for me in any colour.
Basically, I'm for anything that gets you through the night. Be it prayer, tranquilizers or a bottle of Jack Daniels, Frank Sinatra

All You Need Is Love, The Beatles

Too much of anything is bad. But too much of good whiskey is barely enough, Mark Twain
TigerChris
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by TigerChris »

Being truthful, the simplicity of the Dartmouth is part of its appeal. It's not that I don't like the look of the Dartmouth, I do, it's just that I already have a none date watch with a bezel in my Black Bay and I just haven't room for another in my collection as I know it won't get worn.
welshlad
CW-watches: 27

Post by welshlad »

A personal view, but I don't think a date on the Dartmouth will be feasible. All of the standard handwound and automatic C65s have no date, so including a movement with a date wheel may require more height inside the case than there is available. Plus there is the issue of a dial with a new aperture and probably altered indices as a result.

EDIT: Scrap that! Just realised the C65 Automatics all have dates and the case height is the same as the Handwounds, so it should be ok from that point of view. But the issue of a new dial and altered indices still applies, but I'm not sure if that is a show-stopper or not.

I think when we're saying we are using the C60 or C65 Dartmouth that means we are using the same case (possibly with different caseback), case material, bezel mechanics (although a different insert should be ok) and mechanical movement. Probably the same hands and indices too.

But that's just my understanding. Kip could well correct any of the above! :)
Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future. - Niels Bohr
nbg
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 14

Post by nbg »

sproughton wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 3:14 pm ^^Takes away from the clean aesthetic in my opinion.
Agreed.

Neil
Other watch forums of interest:
TZ-UK
StrappedUp
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by StrappedUp »

As long as the parts are compatible with the model, I shouldn't have thought there would be any issue using one set of hands with another dial.
For example, C65 manual/auto hands on Dartmouth dial.
Bronze C65 crown/bezel on stainless case.
All belong to the C65 diver family after all and all parts exist.
The dial would be a case of different finish, but they've done this for FLEs in the past.
Ryan
iain
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by iain »

A question regarding the Dartmouth mock up with the steel case and bronze bezel. Is the inner ring between the bezel insert and the crystal, part of the case or part of the bezel?

If it is the case, as I suspect by looking at the close up photos in the CW website, then the bi-metallic option might look a little odd if this ring is in steel. The C60 bezel goes right to the glass so wouldn’t be an issue on this model though.
Iain’s Law: Any discussion on the Christopher Ward forum, irrespective of the thread title or subject matter, will eventually lead to someone mentioning the Bel Canto if the thread continues for long enough.