Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Questions - Chat with Co Founders - Bristol GTG / CW Event - 2nd November 2019

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

Details for the Bristol GTG / CW Event & 'Chat with Co Founders' are posted here

Within the GTG, it is anticipated that we will have, as usual, a session for the 'Chat with Chris' which will give the opportunity for questions to be put to the three Co-Founders of CW; Mike France, Peter Ellis and Chris Ward.

It is planned for the Chat with Chris element of the GTG to be video'd and, as before, live streamed on YouTube.

Please post your questions for the "Chat with Chris" in this topic/thread, by end of the day Sunday 27th October.

If a question is posted that you would also like to ask, simply quote it and add +1 or +2 etc...

Whilst there will be the opportunity for questions to come from the floor i.e. to be put by those attending, and to be submitted via the YouTube stream, I intend to ask as many questions submitted by forum members in this topic, as time allows.

Finally, please limit this topic to questions only. No discussions please.

Guy
In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
Laird
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 66

Re: Questions - Chat with Co Founders - Bristol GTG / CW Event - 2nd November 2019

Post by Laird »

In the CWL website - 'My Account' section, the status of all my orders for the past 18 months remains as 'Processing' - given I have all but the most recent safely in hand, why is this ?

How about fixing this !
|C70s|C7 BB, IRR, BRG, RC, Hornet, Valjoux|C3 GT|C4 Phoenix|C40 SpeedHawk|C5 BoB, Aviator|C8 Pilots*3, UTC & AD|C60 316L Y, O, B, GMT, DD Valjoux|C65 316LE,Classic LE, DT LE, 2VEV|C1 WT|C9 Pulse, JH2, AMGT, SSH21|C11 HRDC & Makaira|
TheBeatles
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 6

Re: Questions - Chat with Co Founders - Bristol GTG / CW Event - 2nd November 2019

Post by TheBeatles »

Laird wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 10:33 am In the CWL website - 'My Account' section, the status of all my orders for the past 18 months remains as 'Processing' - given I have all but the most recent safely in hand, why is this ?

How about fixing this !
My OCD would love this to be fixed.

+1
Basically, I'm for anything that gets you through the night. Be it prayer, tranquilizers or a bottle of Jack Daniels, Frank Sinatra

All You Need Is Love, The Beatles

Too much of anything is bad. But too much of good whiskey is barely enough, Mark Twain
neilj568
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 2

Post by neilj568 »

Laird wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 10:33 am In the CWL website - 'My Account' section, the status of all my orders for the past 18 months remains as 'Processing' - given I have all but the most recent safely in hand, why is this ?

How about fixing this !
Paid by Paypal? will remain as processing forever...!!!
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 4

Post by Thermexman »

-
Steve.
Viognier
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 5

Post by Viognier »

Hi Guy, just an advance PLEA for CW to remedy the past poor audio volume on the YouTube feed so us foreigners can actually hear it when we watch it back!!
Small collection of timepieces that I enjoy
Bahnstormer_vRS

Viognier wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 9:27 pm Hi Guy, just an advance PLEA for CW to remedy the past poor audio volume on the YouTube feed so us foreigners can actually hear it when we watch it back!!
Lance,

I recall there was quite a lot of comment, after the London GTG, about poor sound quality; which I was surprised about as CW had a more sophisticated setup there compared to previous GTGs. Perhaps the acoustics of the room worked against them.

Whilst I am confident that CW are aware of the issue, I have nevertheless relayed your PLEA to them.

Guy

Viognier
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 5

Post by Viognier »

^ Thank you Guy for recognizing and forwarding on my PLEA to the audio team at CW :)
Small collection of timepieces that I enjoy
albionphoto
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 10

Post by albionphoto »

Another "plea" for sound quality. I've watched all of the GTGs via YouTube and in each case we've been able to hear the questions quite clearly but the answers have been very hard to hear. Poor Peter Ellis makes some good points but it's unlikely that anybody except him has been able to hear them. There have been improvements, for which the audio team has my sincerest thanks, but being able to hear the "Big Three" clearly still has a ways to go.
I do appreciate and enjoy the GTGs and would like to thank the team for making these such a success for the in-situ audience and we poor blighters who can't attend.
Mark
Bremont, Casio, Citizen, Christopher Ward, Chronotechna, Mido, Omega and Oris
Laird
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Laird »

Thanks - but I want it addressed by CWL !
neilj568 wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 12:06 pm

How about fixing this !
|C70s|C7 BB, IRR, BRG, RC, Hornet, Valjoux|C3 GT|C4 Phoenix|C40 SpeedHawk|C5 BoB, Aviator|C8 Pilots*3, UTC & AD|C60 316L Y, O, B, GMT, DD Valjoux|C65 316LE,Classic LE, DT LE, 2VEV|C1 WT|C9 Pulse, JH2, AMGT, SSH21|C11 HRDC & Makaira|
TheBeatles
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 6

Post by TheBeatles »

Laird wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 4:08 pm Thanks - but I want it addressed by CWL !

How about fixing this !
I agree. In all of my online dealings with other companies, CW is the only one with this issue!

And I don’t know why anyone felt the need to state “ Paid by Paypal? will remain as processing forever...!!!” Guy stated no discussion, it’s a valid question about an anomaly on the site.
Basically, I'm for anything that gets you through the night. Be it prayer, tranquilizers or a bottle of Jack Daniels, Frank Sinatra

All You Need Is Love, The Beatles

Too much of anything is bad. But too much of good whiskey is barely enough, Mark Twain
Mikkei4
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by Mikkei4 »

How about fixing this !
So we know why so it should be easily fixed then?
what-time-is-it
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 1

Post by what-time-is-it »

The order status question should be raised, given they are 'upgrading' the website in 2020 - a perfect time to get the basics fixed.
Current collection incl Citizen, G-Shock, Rolex, Seiko, Sinn & Tag.

Chris
Bahnstormer_vRS

As has been mentioned, please will you keep posts to a Question or a quote with +1 etc.

If questions get interspersed with discussion posts there is a risk that I will miss a question when sifting through prior to the GTG.

Superfluous discussion posts will be deleted.

Guy

Sent from my Xperia XZ Premium using Tapatalk

Laird
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Laird »

Thanks !