No IPK strap for T3

News related to Christopher Ward Watches
Budgie
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 3

No IPK strap for T3

Post by Budgie »

The C6 T3 is now only available with the steel strap and is down to £80. Looks like Chris has ran out of IPK straps,can't see any standard kingfishers for sale with the IPK strap either.
carman63
Senior
Senior

Re: No IPK strap for T3

Post by carman63 »

I'm considering selling my IPK bracelet once I get the rubber strap. Not sure yet, but I do know it won't get a lot of wrist time if I keep it.

-Jim
thiru
Junior
Junior
CW-watches: 4

Post by thiru »

I am sorry to say but, as of 11am Thursday 30th January I was told that all the T3s had been sold.

-Thiru-
Budgie
Senior
Senior

Post by Budgie »

thiru wrote:I am sorry to say but, as of 11am Thursday 30th January I was told that all the T3s had been sold.

-Thiru-
Maybe they meant you couldn't have one with an IPK strap.The website still has them for sale this morning.
Monkey
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 7
LE-two: yes

Post by Monkey »

I spoke to them this morning, and they're not selling it anymore apparently!!

Guess they've sold out then....
John
Budgie
Senior
Senior

Post by Budgie »

thiru wrote:I am sorry to say but, as of 11am Thursday 30th January I was told that all the T3s had been sold.

-Thiru-
Thats strange because m500dpp says he's ordered one this morning.
hantsman
Senior Expert
Senior Expert
CW-watches: 2

Post by hantsman »

The site still lets you buy one, It might be that the girls who man the sales line dont know!
m500dpp
Senior Expert
Senior Expert
CW-watches: 4

Post by m500dpp »

T3 arrived yesterday, number 62, was expecting no 300 as it should have been the last one!!!
Rick
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 8
LE-one: yes

Post by Rick »

m500dpp wrote:T3 arrived yesterday, number 62, was expecting no 300 as it should have been the last one!!!
Yeah!!! That's odd.thought they would have gone in order of number.
Main thing is you got one :up:
C5AKS - C7 Rapide - C4IPK - C6T3 - C6 Forum LE - W6 Splash - C8SWT - C70 DBR1
Breitling Hercules - Omega SMP - Boschett Cave Dweller - Seiko Monster - Porsche Design P'6310
Tissot Sea Touch - Oris Pro Diver - Dreyfuss 1925 - Tissot V8 - Deep Blue Pro Sun
Budgie
Senior
Senior

Post by Budgie »

According to the website they are now finally sold out.
Monkey
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
LE-two: yes

Post by Monkey »

m500dpp wrote:T3 arrived yesterday, number 62, was expecting no 300 as it should have been the last one!!!
Mine is no' 75!!!

Again, thought it would be a low number if they were going in order?!!!
John
carman63
Senior
Senior

Post by carman63 »

I'll speculate on the numbers. Let's say that T3 was given the first 50 for prizes, which I think was the idea. The other 250 were stored until they were sold.

I don't have the packaging in front of me, but I'm pretty certain the outside box wasn't numbered as xxx/300. So, unless they were stored in some sequential manner - my guess is they weren't - then each of us was shipped a 'random' number. That would explain why mine was 141 or so, someone else got 62, etc. The luck of the draw.

-Jim
Terminator 2
Forumgod
Forumgod

Post by Terminator 2 »

carman63 wrote:So, unless they were stored in some sequential manner - my guess is they weren't - then each of us was shipped a 'random' number.
Its a difficult one this and I guess only CWL knows the real answer. Im not convinced on the fact the boxes are not numbered. After all Chris himself personalises the certificate baring the numbers so someone knows what the numbers are.

Now I could be totally wrong but take the "returns " for instance. I am not convinced on the 60 day guarantee myself as this opens any firm up to potential abuse of the offer. Just by some comments I have seen in here in the past makes me suspect that CWL probably has a high return rate often for the stupidest of reasons. Of course many may be genuine but of some I am not so sure. So what actually happens to the returns ??? Does CWL scrap them or are they " refurbished " so to speak and put just back into the mix. More than likely this is the case.

I cannot see CWL scrapping every single return never to be sold again. So this might not explain all of the random numbers but it may at least explain some of the lower numbers getting despatched later on. That might also explain the shortage of IPK straps on the last T3's for instance. Perhaps some were returned with not perfect bracelets so were put back on sale with stainless steel. Only CWL knows the real answer though. We can only guess and wonder.

:wink:
joerattz
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 8

Post by joerattz »

I'll add a little info to the mix. I don't know what Chris's policy is for returned watches concerning reissue, but I do know that I tried to buy one once and he wouldn't let me. I don't recall all the details, but here is my best recollection. On my first CW purchase, I was looking at a list of serial numbers. I spotted a number that caught my attention, but I don't recall why now. I asked Chris about it and it was a watch that had been shipped to a customer that had died before it arrived. As I recall, the buyer's clergyman requested Chris to take it back so the deceased's family would have more money. Chris did. As morbid as it was, I was actually somewhat intrigued with the idea of buying that watch. To buy it though, I would have liked to know the man's name. Chris may have considered this a compromise of privacy and wouldn't do it for that reason. I was interested in the watch and the name so I could feel some sort of attachment to the man who never got to wear it. Kind of bizarre I know, but it kind of captured my imagination. Chris didn't think it was a good idea and didn't want to sell it to me. So I chose #316 for biblical reasons. Of the available serial numbers, it was the only one I saw that I felt any connection with. Chris thought I made the best choice because it was made of 316L stainless steel. Plus, Chris personally calls this watch Little Ben because Big Ben is 316 feet tall.
C5SWT (#316), C5AKS (#316/1936), C5AWS (#789/1936), C6-ForumLE (#3/100), C6SYS (#347), C6-T3LE (#130/300), C6SWS (#601), C3SKS (#1204)

Pro LINQ: Language Integrated Query in C# 2008 : http://www.amazon.com/dp/1590597893?tag=netsplore-20
hantsman
Senior Expert
Senior Expert
CW-watches: 2

Post by hantsman »

Chris said to me he does not get that many returns that have been worn, so he would re sell them after having checked they have not been worn, he does if needed re use the parts.