Has this happened to you?

A place to discuss other watch-brands
Gasman
Senior
Senior

Has this happened to you?

Post by Gasman »

I attempted to use the Rolex forum yesterday only to get a message to say I’ve been banned and the ban would never be lifted.
I sent 3 messages via the contact page but have not received a reply. Has this ever happened to anyone else? Also how did you put it right
DavecUK
Expert
Expert

Re: Has this happened to you?

Post by DavecUK »

I once got banned from a BMW i3 forum and the facebook page because I was critical of the BMW i3. I did and still do own a BMW i3...but the bullshine and rampant fanboyism on the forum was incredible. The worst thing was it was very misleading to potential owners. I suspect the same thing might be the problem. On very specific forums, often you are not allowed to be critical of any aspect of the brand and if you are perceived as not being "one of the gang", excommunication can follow.

Personally I wouldn't worry about it.....I sold my Rolex and my AP...never felt the need to join a specific forum for either of them. You are better off here.
scooter
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 1
LE-two: yes
LE-foura: yes

Post by scooter »

You have mentioned in an earlier post that you had had 'plenty of goes at them' (presumably certain members) for contradicting and trolling you so perhaps that may have had something to do with it.

There's not much you can do about being told that you have been banned for life, apart from creating a new User name.

That might work.

scooter
#1 scooter blue 2012 FLE (50 made)
nbg
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 14

Post by nbg »

Gasman wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 9:48 am I attempted to use the Rolex forum yesterday only to get a message to say I’ve been banned and the ban would never be lifted.
I sent 3 messages via the contact page but have not received a reply. Has this ever happened to anyone else? Also how did you put it right
Any idea why you were banned?

Don’t think that I have checked out the Rolex forum for a while. When I do look at it it’s usually because I am following a link to a thread there, that I have picked up from TZ-UK. If I wanted to know something specific that is Rolex related I would just use TZ-UK.

Neil
Other watch forums of interest:
TZ-UK
Lavaine
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Post by Lavaine »

nbg wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 10:16 am
If I wanted to know something specific that is Rolex related I would just use TZ-UK.

Neil
[/quote]
If OP was banned for 'having plenty of goes at them' on the Rolex forum, he'll be banned in record time at TZ-UK. No one dares contradict the divine leader on TZ-UK and expects to survive.
2017 CW Forum "Darwin Award" winner.
nbg
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by nbg »

Lavaine wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 7:46 pm
If I wanted to know something specific that is Rolex related I would just use TZ-UK.

Neil
If OP was banned for 'having plenty of goes at them' on the Rolex forum, he'll be banned in record time at TZ-UK. No one dares contradict the divine leader on TZ-UK and expects to survive.
[/quote]

My experience of TZ-UK over 4 years is that given the number of active members over there, very few are actually banned.

Plenty of members contradict him in the BP and don’t get banned.

Neil
TZ-UK
rcherryuk
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 8
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes

Post by rcherryuk »

nbg wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 10:04 pm
Lavaine wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 7:46 pm

Neil
My experience of TZ-UK over 4 years is that given the number of active members over there, very few are actually banned.

Neil
[/quote]

Hmm, just don’t mention his ‘triggers’ Eddie is like many, a proud Tory who, in his youth, fantasised about the Iron Lady.
When she died I got a one week ban for posting ‘Ding Dong, the witch is dead’ :-)
Rob

Watches are like Dictionaries; the worst is better than none, and the best cannot be expected to go quite true.
Samuel Johnson
Alex r
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Post by Alex r »

scooter wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 10:10 am
There's not much you can do about being told that you have been banned for life, apart from creating a new User name.

That might work.

scooter
You need Madjam to write you a user guide on how to get back on a forum :lol:
Gasman
Senior
Senior

Post by Gasman »

I have received an email today saying I was banned for a scam sale on a Batman. It said it would reinstate me if I paid $12 via PayPal and included my name, address, password etc.
This sounds dodgy to me. What do you think?
Thanks
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

Gasman wrote:I have received an email today saying I was banned for a scam sale on a Batman. It said it would reinstate me if I paid $12 via PayPal and included my name, address, password etc.
Thanks
Well did you?

Do a scam sale on a Batman, that is?

Either way; their offer sounds like bribery or blackmail I'd walk away.

They didn't want you, I wouldn't want them....
... unless there is a complete case of misunderstanding and injustice in which case, once you have fought your corner, they should reinstate you without question and a full apology.

Guy

Sent from my Xperia XZ Premium using Tapatalk

In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
TigerChris
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 1

Post by TigerChris »

rcherryuk wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 7:54 am
nbg wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 10:04 pm
Lavaine wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 7:46 pm If I wanted to know something specific that is Rolex related I would just use TZ-UK.

Neil

Neil
Hmm, just don’t mention his ‘triggers’ Eddie is like many, a proud Tory who, in his youth, fantasised about the Iron Lady.
When she died I got a one week ban for posting ‘Ding Dong, the witch is dead’ :-)
[/quote]

Sounds like fun! Think I’m gonna join to see how long I last :lol: :lol:
ItsAliveJim
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by ItsAliveJim »

Gasman wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 9:24 am I have received an email today saying I was banned for a scam sale on a Batman. It said it would reinstate me if I paid $12 via PayPal and included my name, address, password etc.
Thanks
Someone else with the same username?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What the hell is he building in there?" Tom Waits
Gasman
Senior
Senior

Post by Gasman »

It'sAliveJim wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 2:40 pm
Gasman wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 9:24 am I have received an email today saying I was banned for a scam sale on a Batman. It said it would reinstate me if I paid $12 via PayPal and included my name, address, password etc.
Thanks
Someone else with the same username?
Maybe but I don’t use gasman on there as it was already in use.
Thegreyman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 6

Post by Thegreyman »

TigerChris wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 1:12 pm

When she died I got a one week ban for posting ‘Ding Dong, the witch is dead’ :

Sounds like fun! Think I’m gonna join to see how long I last :lol: :lol:
Not very long :lol:
Patrick

C60 Pro 300, C60 Sunrise, C63 Sealander Lucerne blue LE, C65 Dartmouth, W11 Amelia (wife), C63 Sealander (son)

Some others + a few on the way
nbg
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by nbg »

TigerChris wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 1:12 pm Sounds like fun! Think I’m gonna join to see how long I last :lol: :lol:
There is a restricted area of the forum that you need 250 posts to be able to view and post.

Robust discussion on basically anything is allowed, other than personal attacks and vendettas.

I think you would like it! :lol:

Neil
TZ-UK