Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Re: C60 GMT now available in 40mm

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

I don't have a GMT watch, not really got the need for one, but I nearly bought a blue Mk3 Trident in 38mm, just to be different to my normal 42mm or more, when they were first launched.

A 40mm is well on the cards, particularly if it has a white dial with charcoal / grey aluminium bezel. :wink:

Guy

Sent from my Xperia XZ Premium using Tapatalk

In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
watchaholic
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 4

Post by watchaholic »

40mm is the sweet spot for me, and my nearly 8 in wrist. My 44mm C8 PR is huge, but I'm able to pull it off mainly because of the black case and hand winding, which helps with the overall height. 43 mm ACAN is a beast, but IMHO a dive watch, if used for its intended purpose should be on the large size. 41 mm Datejust is "just" about perfect. 40mm Oris and 40mm Damasko really are so unobtrusive, and really do slip under the cuff of a shirt sleeve, or more importantly a jacket. Seems as I age this is a feature I give more importance to. So in a nutshell, the 40mm GMT would be something I would be very much interested in. Hopefully they are able to keep the the height in check.
Time and money? I’ve spent most of mine on booze and women. The rest I just wasted…
Dwight
Mikkei4
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by Mikkei4 »

Amor Vincit Omnia wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 6:07 am So...back to the watch itself...who’s interested in a 40mm GMT in the general sense of the word?
In theory yes as I want a GMT preferably blue dialled and also because I found the 43mm Mk2 Tridents too big so my Tridents have been 38mm. But the case is different now on the MK3 so I have no idea until I'm able to compare the 2 sizes (40mm and 42mm) on my wrist.

Plus I need to see if the new design can get me past the 9o'clock logo as I do like the full GMT and lumed bezel.
Rice and Gravy
Expert
Expert
CW-watches: 1

Post by Rice and Gravy »

The 40mm GMT is 13.65mm v 12.95mm for the non-GMT, so the increase in size is negligible.
Omega SMP 2254.50
Omega Aqua Terra 8900 Blue
Christopher Ward C60 Trident 300 White
Hamilton Jazzmaster Day/Date
Casio G-Shock GWM5610-1
Amor Vincit Omnia

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

Mikkei4 wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 1:19 pm
Plus I need to see if the new design can get me past the 9o'clock logo as I do like the full GMT and lumed bezel.
I must admit that I was a bit anti for quite a while but the C65 diver just blew me away and I got used to it.
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
lisnalee
Guru
Guru

Post by lisnalee »

Amor Vincit Omnia wrote:
Mikkei4 wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 1:19 pm
I must admit that I was a bit anti for quite a while but the C65 diver just blew me away and I got used to it.
Same here, the C65 was the first model I bought with new logo and it's grown on me so much that I prefer it now to the previous logo versions.

Back to GMT talk, if the FLE #8 doesn't pan out i'd seriously consider a 40mm white dial GMT
C7 Rapide Day-Date COSC LE #10/100
C60 Trident Elite 1000 COSC LE #50/300
C1 Grand Malvern Small Second COSC
DEV.Woulf
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 10

Post by DEV.Woulf »

lisnalee wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 4:51 pmBack to GMT talk, if the FLE #8 doesn't pan out i'd seriously consider a 40mm white dial GMT
I'd like a white-dial Pepsi C65 GMT. That'd be fun to wear. :D
Christopher Ward | LORIER | MONTA | SEIKO

Joseph.