LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Re: FLE #8 - major changes

Post by Kip »

Let us discuss this for a couple days before getting off track and looking into other models to restart at this point.
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
iain
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 1

Post by iain »

I’m afraid the swap to an aluminium bezel would also rule me out. It looks like I’m not the first to state this either so the 22(?) who originally voted in are already falling in number.

I think Kips suggestion to wait a few days is a good idea, sadly I can only see this going back to the drawing board now though.
Iain’s Law: Any discussion on the Christopher Ward forum, irrespective of the thread title or subject matter, will eventually lead to someone mentioning the Bel Canto if the thread continues for long enough.
Mikkei4
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by Mikkei4 »

Kip wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 7:15 pm Let us discuss this for a couple days before getting off track and looking into other models to restart at this point.
It seems I mis-understood your initial post on the possibilities.......

"We could also start over with alternative models/designs."

I'll step away with any suggestions as I don't think that there'll be sufficient numbers interested in an Ali bezel on a C60 but will continue to keep up to date reading further posts.

Well done for keeping this going, I hope a design that attracts sufficient numbers eventually appears.
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

"Proposed changes we are making from a standard C60 GMT MkIII are...

White dial (currently not available)
dial print
2 tone Aluminum bezel (Charcoal and like a silvery graphite)
Blackened hand set
Blackened indices
Red tip, Red tip including lume circle or all black sweep hand*
White GMT hand
Matching white date wheel
Applied device (twin flags)
Exhibition case back

* = To be determined"

Fine with me and whilst my usual preference would be for 42mm, a 40mm would make a nice variation in my collection.

Personally, I like the aluminium bezel and believe it will suit the predominantly brushed case well. In some respects a ceramic bezel makes the watch too dressy.

I'm in. :thumbup:

Guy

Sent from my Xperia XZ Premium using Tapatalk
In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
MarkingTime
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 4

Post by MarkingTime »

Mikkei4 wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 7:10 pm
MarkingTime wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 6:37 pm If going back to square one, the Dartmouth would be a good base model to start with.

How about tidying the dial (smaller minute markers), numbers at 3,6,9 and 12 and a date complication.
I would imagine that this would be too much of a dial re-design to be considered?
Probably right, but one can hope...
CBMVic20
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 3

Post by CBMVic20 »

Not a fan of two tone dials so didn't put my name down for the first one. If I had though, an alu bezel would rule it out for sure, I've had them before and they look used and worn in no time tending up pick up the slightest scratch. Look forward to a reboot though if it ends up going back to the drawing board.
CW C9 SH21 | C60 Apex SH21 | C65 SH21
Ernst Benz Chronoscope DLC
Oris WilliamsF1 Day Date 2004
Phoibos Leviathan DLC
Seiko 5 Sports Orange "Baby" Monster
Tag Aquaracer | F1 Panda

Too many watches, not enough time :(
stobievulture
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 2

Post by stobievulture »

big fan of a ceramic dial over an aluminium one so not for either i'm afraid
Somewhere there is someone who can see what I can see...
DEV.Woulf
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 10

Post by DEV.Woulf »

As soon as the word "aluminium" came on board :lol:

Christopher Ward | LORIER | MONTA | SEIKO

Joseph.
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

On a simple headcount, so far, of those who would intend (or had intended) to buy with the Ceramic bezel*, and have now expressed a preference with regards to an Aluminium bezel, the comments currently run at;-

Yes - 3
No - 7
Maybe - 2

*I have not counted anyone who has expressed a preference but stated they will not be buying for other reasons, and I have only counted once anyone who has commented more than once.

Guy
In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
welshlad
CW-watches: 27

Post by welshlad »

My personal position is that I would not be interested in a C60 Mk3 with an aluminium bezel. I would, however, possibly be interested in a one-colour ceramic bezel. But the problem then is that it wouldn't really be that different to a regular C60 Mk3 and I think an FLE ought to have something a little "different" about it.

So my preference would be to look again at the original suggestions from CW and possibly take forward something with unique features, e.g. smoked transparent dial, blue PVD case, etc. Maybe CW would also have some additional ideas to put forward that are viable?
Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future. - Niels Bohr
kpc001
CW-watches: 4

Post by kpc001 »

I'm fine with either aluminum or a solid color ceramic bezel. Either size is fine.

If the group considers a solid ceramic bezel, then perhaps we look again at the original designs, including the dark blue case.
-Kevin

C900 World Timer
Trident Elite
C60 Trident Vintage (2nd Gen)
baldrick
Senior
Senior

Post by baldrick »

Kip, just to be clear, when you say "our window has closed [for ceramic] due to minimum requirements", do you mean that we now cannot get ceramic at all (I.e. regardless of number of buyers), or that we could still get it if we got 25+ buyers on-board?

If the latter, I do think a final run-off vote would be a good idea. Yes, I agree the last poll was clear in that you "vote for every one you would buy", but it would be interesting to see the results of a new poll along the lines of "can you live with this or would you prefer no FLE at all". Might focus minds a bit more.

I'll be the first to admit, from memory I only voted for one option in the last poll, but at a push (and if the choice is no FLE) would also consider one of the others.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

jtc
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2

Post by jtc »

So the FLE, that from the outset was mostly a prescribed C60 with room for basic modifications, was basically derailed because of how much red paint to put on the second hand? :lol: :lol:

I don't think FLEs are meant to be anymore.
Jon

Trusted Seller Feedback

CW | Tudor | Tag Heuer | Omega | Longines | Bremont | Rolex
DEV.Woulf
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 10

Post by DEV.Woulf »

I don't think it was so much the red paint as it was the actual amount who voted all-together. Had more people participated, each model would have easily went past the minimum required and there would have been the final vote. I think CW themselves would have preferred around 35 people to commit because you always have some who drop out. At 35, it would have still been enough to reach the needed 25 if, say, 7 people quit. That's my take; anyway. :-&
Christopher Ward | LORIER | MONTA | SEIKO

Joseph.
Andy-Smith
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 15

Post by Andy-Smith »

baldrick wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 4:25 am Kip, just to be clear, when you say "our window has closed [for ceramic] due to minimum requirements", do you mean that we now cannot get ceramic at all (I.e. regardless of number of buyers), or that we could still get it if we got 25+ buyers on-board?

If the latter, I do think a final run-off vote would be a good idea. Yes, I agree the last poll was clear in that you "vote for every one you would buy", but it would be interesting to see the results of a new poll along the lines of "can you live with this or would you prefer no FLE at all". Might focus minds a bit more.

I'll be the first to admit, from memory I only voted for one option in the last poll, but at a push (and if the choice is no FLE) would also consider one of the others.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Yes I would agree with this.