Toph
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 6

Newbie question on Shipping delay?

Post by Toph »

Hi all,

By way of introduction
Be Been collecting watches for many years, from AP, Rolex, IWC and also many micro brands like H20, brellum, helson, etc etc but bought my first Christopher Ward 2weeks ago today. !
The 42mm blue trident 600GMT . It’s just looks incredible and great value you too.

I’ve been on other forums for many years but was hoping you might have a bit more insight on this question.

My question is more around the shipping delay.
I spoke to customer service, who are quick to repond btw, who on the 3rd of September said my watch would ship by the end of the week.
It never did. So I emailed them on the 8th saying I did not get a shipping update yet.
I then get a response saying that there has been a delay and it will ship this week coming, 9-13th.
So come COB on 13th September I still had no emial update.
I have emailed them again.
I also noticed that when I ordered the website said shipping early September. It now says mid September..and it is mid September but it hasn’t shipped.
Has anyone else had this experience? Not too unhappy but not sure why I’ve been told twice my watch will ship when it hasn’t. Seems a bit odd to confirm something twice and then not actually do it.
Just wondered if this is par for the course ?

Thanks for any insight
Where no counsel is the people fall but in a multitude of counsellors there is safety
Instagram @tophstewart
DavecUK
Expert
Expert

Re: Newbie question on Shipping delay?

Post by DavecUK »

My insight would be; don't make them rush to get it out....better they take their time and it's fully checked. It might be that they are redoubling the QC checks before sending watches out in light of recent events, hence the wait.
Toph
Senior
Senior

Post by Toph »

Thanks Dave, I agree wholeheartedly Just a bit confused by the poor expectation setting. If it's not ready,no problem, just tell me at the start rather than missing a few deadlines they have set . Anyway hopefully will have further update soon.
Where no counsel is the people fall but in a multitude of counsellors there is safety
Instagram @tophstewart
Amor Vincit Omnia
CW-watches: 4

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

Not postulating any excuses for poor information here, but things occasionally get held up in Switzerland. Suddenly early month can change to mid month on the website. And yes, technically the 15th is mid September but I think that could be interpreted as anything from around the 10th to after the 20th. I remember being caught out by this with an occasional new release or restock.

They should really have contacted you in the case of a delay.
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
Toph
Senior
Senior

Post by Toph »

I have contacted them again but have had no update as of just now.

I should add, that before I purchased the GMT, I spoke to customer service who said on 02/09 that it will ship ‘this week’.
As I first time buyer it’s a very strange experience that they don’t seem to know what’s ready when, changing the timeframe and I only find out when I email them to ask, and still not able to give an accurate timeframe on a watch to be shipped that was advertised to be shipped early September.
It does appear they have a few new models being released which may be adding to confusion within.
Anyway here’s hoping it’s soon but at this stage who really knows.
Thanks
Instagram @tophstewart
Toph
Senior
Senior

Post by Toph »

I think they are doing a great job of modelling there service standards on fawlty towers.

I just got an email rom Katie who says ‘ I will check on your repair and get back to you ASAP’

Repair.. It’s a brand new watch I ordered 17 days ago that I’ve never even seen or had an update on

Is it ok to post the whole email chain, you’d laugh your heads off ? Truly appalling.
Instagram @tophstewart
DavecUK
Expert
Expert

Post by DavecUK »

Perhaps they shipped it on the Titanic...
IanKelly63
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 3

Post by IanKelly63 »

I just got an email rom Katie who says ‘ I will check on your repair and get back to you ASAP’
That's pretty much a standard Katie reponse to anything you might ask. :lol:
CW x 3
Others...
Casio x 8,Citizen x 2,Coen Anders x 1,Hamilton x 3,Ingersoll x 1,Junghans x 2,
Marloe x 2,Orient x 1,Rotary x 1,Seiko x 3,Swatch x 1,Tissot x 2
Toph
Senior
Senior

Post by Toph »

Hahaha
However we now have progress. I got an apology and a shipping confirmation. Scheduled to arrive on Tuesday. I am in Australia, so that not bad at all.

Fingers crossed my next thread will be about how wonderful the watch is
Instagram @tophstewart
DavecUK
Expert
Expert

Post by DavecUK »

Toph wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 11:27 pmFingers crossed my next thread will be about how wonderful the watch is
I did that when I waited for my C9 ;) don't you go hexing yourself by saying that....I'd retract that statement if I were you, or the God of Horology will get you.

Perhaps we would all be safe with one of these, no batteries, no servicing, no winding, nothing to go wrong, guaranteed to work until either a supernova, or ELE meteor impact. No lume required because it goes into a sleep mode at night. The added feature is that on cloudy days, you are never distracted by knowing the time. Will not interfere with aircraft systems and cannot be used in space.

Has the advantage of being extremely resistant to shock and shipping damage

Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

DavecUK wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 11:52 pm
Toph wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 11:27 pmFingers crossed my next thread will be about how wonderful the watch is
I did that when I waited for my C9 ;) don't you go hexing yourself by saying that....I'd retract that statement if I were you, or the God of Horology will get you.

Perhaps we would all be safe with one of these, no batteries, no servicing, no winding, nothing to go wrong, guaranteed to work until either a supernova, or ELE meteor impact. No lume required because it goes into a sleep mode at night. The added feature is that on cloudy days, you are never distracted by knowing the time. Will not interfere with aircraft systems and cannot be used in space.

Has the advantage of being extremely resistant to shock and shipping damage

Nice idea Dave, but shouldn't it have an inbuilt Compass, so one can't line it up to 'North'?

Guy
In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
DavecUK
Expert
Expert

Post by DavecUK »

Guy,

I never said it was perfect, of course without a compass, one would have to line it up with the North star, then stand very still until sunrise.

Luckily these days everyone has a smartphone with an electronic compass, so you can use that, or ask someone with one where N is.