CW spin on the Patek tagline

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
DEV.Woulf
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 10

Re: CW spin on the Patek tagline

Post by DEV.Woulf »

The Christopher Ward PR team suffer from foot in mouth disease. It's been happening for the longest since the bearded hipsters took over the pages; nothing new here. Move along people... move along. :hallo:
Christopher Ward | LORIER | MONTA | SEIKO

Joseph.
rambothejambo
Senior Expert
Senior Expert
CW-watches: 2

Post by rambothejambo »

Amor Vincit Omnia wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:15 pm
Bahnstormer_vRS wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:56 pm Something to do with Don Quixote? (from memory).
Absolutely right. Quite possibly the greatest literary achievement of the Second Millennium, if not of all time. And it’s all about keeping a sense of perspective and seeing things for what they really are.
Not only do CW make some fine watches but this forum is also a place where one learns new s**t every day :lol: AVO comes out with some great stuff, ( including French, Latin and other foreign language quotes :thumbup: ) I'll now have to look at some of Quixote's writings. Regarding the OP's post a reference or link to the PP quote would have helped, that would and should have been the end of this particular topic. Not sure there's any need for anyone to be getting on their high horses, (having literally fought and seen people die for real to gain the high ground in my previous employment), let's not get too melodramatic. Let's all just chill and relax 8) , nice deep breaths and count to ten.
smegwina
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 11

Post by smegwina »

ScofieldReturns wrote:
peterh wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:33 am
ScofieldReturns wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:19 am

and it takes about the same amount of time to teach someone to fish as opposed to catching them a fish. but one informs them much better for later...
A few observations:
1. You shoot yourself in the foot with the above argument. One could say the forum would have taught you how to effectively use Google, rather than pamper you with the context.
Which, by the way, is an invaluable asset.
2. You have now spent more time trying to convince the Internet that you're right and they're wrong than it would have taken you to Google "patek philippe tagline". You may want to think about what kind of impression that creates.
3. Um, in retrospect, there is no three. Just let this sink in, and use the newly found insight to pick your battles. If that's not what you want, you may want to limit your exposure to the Internet.
I pick my battles very carefully...as far as CW forum related battles, this is a hill I'm willing to die on. OP should always include all the relevant info. Now anyone reading this will be more conscientious of doing so when making future posts, and if they don't I'll post again once again telling them they should provide the proper context. I know how to google...I want to make sure everyone else knows how to properly provide info. It will make for a much more readable forum as a whole when I don't have to do additional research to understand a post. We should always strive to be as efficient as possible, and idk how anyone can argue it's perfectly fine to not give proper context for a post.
Are you extracting the Michael??? "This is a hill I am willing to die on"??????

Why on earth did you feel the need to "pick a battle"?

This is one of the most hilarious, sanctimonious and ridiculous posts I have seen in years so many thanks for giving me a good chuckle.

Oh, and I think the whole forum thanks you for giving us the correct parameters within which to post. Goodness only knows how we survived as a forum up till now.

Sent from my Redmi Note 6 Pro using Tapatalk

0uatiOW
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 4

Post by 0uatiOW »

I was just about to make some popcorn 🍿 but then it ended.

I didn’t need google to tell me the Patek tagline, nor reveal that Quixote didn’t write a thing (it was Cervantes who did the writing). Worth a read, or indeed a repeat read.
My name is 0uatiOW, but before you ask, no I don’t.
“Exquisitely minging” MissF, 19 July 2022
Just call me Diderot
ScofieldReturns
Senior
Senior

Post by ScofieldReturns »

Not trying to stir anything up, I simply believed the op to be incomplete and thought the tc would want to know

If 99.9% of you guys knew the park tagline off the top of your head, guess I was wrong

I still think I'm 100% right, but carry on posting
Amor Vincit Omnia

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

I think that’s enough now, gentlemen.

If you wish to continue this particular line of argument, please do it via PM or else the thread will be locked and further posts removed.

Now, can we PLEASE return to the question raised in the OP?
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
watchaholic
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by watchaholic »

Probably need a fresh topic for this story.
Time and money? I’ve spent most of mine on booze and women. The rest I just wasted…
Dwight
Amor Vincit Omnia

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

watchaholic wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 7:23 am Probably need a fresh topic for this story.
You've got one if you want it.

This thread is now locked as certain members refuse to take the hint.

For reference:
I answered the question on page 1. That should have been enough, but others sought to weigh in.
I suggested three times (very politely) that the argument needed to stop.
It carried on.

Please note: we do not tolerate personal attacks, therefore two posts (and other posts referencing them, unfortunately) have been removed.

Please take this as final: this particular argument has no future.
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)