Marloe Diver

A place to discuss other watch-brands
NotEnoughWrists
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 0

Marloe Diver

Post by NotEnoughWrists »

Being on the mailing list, had an email for the first dive oriented watch from Marloe.
While the trinket magpie doesn’t seem stirred enough to add to the collection, I quite like the look of the bronze/emerald combo- on the whole my first impression from a sleepy browse from the warmth of the car (the M6 being unusually clear today :shock: ) is ‘it’s ok, but nowt special to look at’. It does look like it has excellent lime potential though?

https://www.marloewatchcompany.com/page ... i=76644969
So many watches, yet still so little time!
ItsAliveJim
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Re: Marloe Diver

Post by ItsAliveJim »

NotEnoughWrists wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:53 am on the whole my first impression from a sleepy browse from the warmth of the car (the M6 being unusually clear today :shock: )

I hope you weren't driving :?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What the hell is he building in there?" Tom Waits
TigerChris
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 1

Post by TigerChris »

NotEnoughWrists wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:53 am Being on the mailing list, had an email for the first dive oriented watch from Marloe.
While the trinket magpie doesn’t seem stirred enough to add to the collection, I quite like the look of the bronze/emerald combo- on the whole my first impression from a sleepy browse from the warmth of the car (the M6 being unusually clear today :shock: ) is ‘it’s ok, but nowt special to look at’. It does look like it has excellent lime potential though?

The M6 clear?? Gotta be a first for everything I suppose :lol:

On to the watch, I like it's looks, but no date. This would actually be going onto my list to buy if it wasn't for that small fact. I really want to own a Marloe, but I need a date. I wanted the Haskell with green dial, but that sold out :thumbdown:
biggus_richus
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 5

Post by biggus_richus »

TigerChris wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:46 am On to the watch, I like it's looks, but no date. This would actually be going onto my list to buy if it wasn't for that small fact. I really want to own a Marloe, but I need a date. I wanted the Haskell with green dial, but that sold out :thumbdown:
The green Haskell will be restocked in the coming weeks (according to discussions on their Crowdcube page).
Rich.

Breitling | CW | Farer | Formex | Garmin | Marloe | Ming | Omega | Oris | Seiko | Studio Underd0g | Tag Heuer | Timex
TigerChris
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 1

Post by TigerChris »

biggus_richus wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:16 am
TigerChris wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:46 am On to the watch, I like it's looks, but no date. This would actually be going onto my list to buy if it wasn't for that small fact. I really want to own a Marloe, but I need a date. I wanted the Haskell with green dial, but that sold out :thumbdown:
The green Haskell will be restocked in the coming weeks (according to discussions on their Crowdcube page).
Ooooh, great news that. Thanks for the info, I hadn't seen that. Just says sold out on the website. I shall be keeping an eye out :thumbup:
NotEnoughWrists
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

It'sAliveJim wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:33 am
NotEnoughWrists wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:53 am on the whole my first impression from a sleepy browse from the warmth of the car (the M6 being unusually clear today :shock: )

I hope you weren't driving :?

I got to work 20 minutes quicker than normal, so was hiding in the carpark to avoid the risk of having to start early :D .
Luckily i go the opposite way to todays M6 fun and games (although i'm heading in that direction very soon :shock: )
Dilbert
Senior
Senior

Marloe watch

Post by Dilbert »

What are Marloe watches like? They look terrific on the Marloe website, of course, but has anyone seen a Marloe watch in the metal?
Thegreyman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 6

Post by Thegreyman »

It does look different enough to be interesting, here's a photo of the green one.
Capture.PNG
Spec is Miyota movement with handwinding and hacking, 310m WR (yes 310 :? ); 40mm diameter, 20mm lug width and 48mm lug to lug. Bronze plated 316L SS, sapphire crystal with AR....all for £449. Also available in gunmetal case with blue dial and a couple of other variants.
Patrick

C60 Pro 300, C60 Sunrise, C63 Sealander Lucerne blue LE, C65 Dartmouth, W11 Amelia (wife), C63 Sealander (son)

Some others + a few on the way
downer
CW-watches: 4

Post by downer »

It's clear we all like different things. :) When I look at the diver, all I can see is a bunch of discordant design elements.
Richard
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

downer wrote:It's clear we all like different things. :) When I look at the diver, all I can see is a bunch of discordant design elements.
I thought 'fruit machine'.

Sorry if that sounds harsh.

Guy

Sent from my Xperia XZ Premium using Tapatalk

In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
nbg
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 14

Post by nbg »

Looks like a poor value kickstarter watch, with lume plots applied by a trainee who doesn’t know what a circle is. :)

Neil
Other watch forums of interest:
TZ-UK
NotEnoughWrists
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Re: Marloe watch

Dilbert wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:39 am What are Marloe watches like? They look terrific on the Marloe website, of course, but has anyone seen a Marloe watch in the metal?
I own 6 of them- although nothing you can buy from them anymore (3x Cherwell & 3x Lomond). I also previously had a Derwent but found it too small for my liking.
Build quality is good for the price, although i’ve Yet to see the Haskell or Coniston
biggus_richus
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 5

Post by biggus_richus »

Bahnstormer_vRS wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 3:53 pm I thought 'fruit machine'.

Sorry if that sounds harsh.
I don’t think that sounds harsh at all. But that’s mainly because
nbg wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 3:57 pm Looks like a poor value kickstarter watch, with lume plots applied by a trainee who doesn’t know what a circle is. :)
Rich.

Breitling | CW | Farer | Formex | Garmin | Marloe | Ming | Omega | Oris | Seiko | Studio Underd0g | Tag Heuer | Timex
richtel
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 8

Post by richtel »

When I look at the dial markings I can't help but see this-
The Good Life - S02E02 - The Guru Of Surbiton.avi_snapshot_00.14_[2011.07.23_21.19.10].jpg
Rich

"The bad news is that time flies. The good news is that you're the pilot."
Amor Vincit Omnia
CW-watches: 4

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

Would it surprise you if I told you I really like it?
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)