CW spin on the Patek tagline

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
CBMVic20
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 3

CW spin on the Patek tagline

Post by CBMVic20 »

Don't know if anyone saw this but in the latest Loupe (last page), there is a full page CW ad about servicing where they take the Patek tagline and put a spin on it.

I like it :thumbup:

CW C9 SH21 | C60 Apex SH21 | C65 SH21
Ernst Benz Chronoscope DLC
Oris WilliamsF1 Day Date 2004
Phoibos Leviathan DLC
Seiko 5 Sports Orange "Baby" Monster
Tag Aquaracer | F1 Panda

Too many watches, not enough time :(
biggus_richus
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 5

Re: CW spin on the Patek tagline

Post by biggus_richus »

I saw it, but I am unfamiliar with the Patek tag line.
Rich.

Breitling | CW | Farer | Formex | Garmin | Marloe | Ming | Omega | Oris | Seiko | Studio Underd0g | Tag Heuer | Timex
what-time-is-it
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 1

Post by what-time-is-it »

Yes, mentioned here.
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=52704
Current collection incl Citizen, G-Shock, Rolex, Seiko, Sinn & Tag.

Chris
Bungle-ator
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by Bungle-ator »

I didn't notice it when I was skimming Loupe.

It's very poor and lazy. Their marketing guys should be coming up with their own stuff rather than stealing another companies great tagline and making it not quite so good.

I'm not sure it's true either as they don't currently seem to be very good at looking after other people's watches.
DavecUK
Expert
Expert

Post by DavecUK »

I remember the PP tag line over the years and it never quite resonated with me. I own a watch because I like it, not because of it's value. A watch I value equally with my more expensive watches is a worthless piece of 15 + year old Casio that has travelled the world with me literally and never missed a beat. When a watch is passed on to a family member, it's value should always be something of you in that watch. I have personal experience of watches so valuable I didn't want to wear them and my family members not really interested So I put my money where my mouth is and sold them.

I re learned, buy what you like and buy it for yourself. Only by the pleasure you take in something does it have any intrinsic value and thus any "real" value to your decendants. A marketing tag line CW might do well to develop!

CW Motto, not bad, no problem with it, does it resonate with me...not really. I also think the service interval piece isn't doing them any marketing favours as most would get a movement serviced every 5 to 7 years.
ScofieldReturns
Senior
Senior

Post by ScofieldReturns »

this topic is useless for those of who don't know the patek tagline...do you care to share?
Amor Vincit Omnia
CW-watches: 4

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

ScofieldReturns wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 5:47 am this topic is useless for those of who don't know the patek tagline...do you care to share?
This might help...

Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
TheBeatles
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 6

Post by TheBeatles »

ScofieldReturns wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 5:47 am this topic is useless for those of who don't know the patek tagline...do you care to share?
Slightly unnecessary post as a simple Google search, as Steve has shown, would have produced the answer.
Basically, I'm for anything that gets you through the night. Be it prayer, tranquilizers or a bottle of Jack Daniels, Frank Sinatra

All You Need Is Love, The Beatles

Too much of anything is bad. But too much of good whiskey is barely enough, Mark Twain
ScofieldReturns
Senior
Senior

TheBeatles wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 8:52 am
Slightly unnecessary post as a simple Google search, as Steve has shown, would have produced the answer.
No, it is absolutely not an unnecessary post. A topic's OP should have all of the pre-requisite info in it in order to fully appreciate the topic. the OP was missing 50% of its needed content. Of course I can go and google it...but the onus is on the topic creator to provide the needed info.
Amor Vincit Omnia

The answer is above. No need to fight over it.
Steve

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
watchaholic
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by watchaholic »

When I first saw it I just hoped it wasn't deliberate. Recommending regular service is a great thing, as long as you are adequately staffed. And for all their accomplishments in mass production, hats off to ETA and Sellita. A bit of a stretch, IMHO, if trying to compare either to a Patek movement.
Time and money? I’ve spent most of mine on booze and women. The rest I just wasted…
Dwight
sproughton
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by sproughton »

ScofieldReturns wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 8:44 pm
No, it is absolutely not an unnecessary post. A topic's OP should have all of the pre-requisite info in it in order to fully appreciate the topic. the OP was missing 50% of its needed content. Of course I can go and google it...but the onus is on the topic creator to provide the needed info.
You're going to really struggle with most posts on most forums if that's your view.
KevinB
Senior
Senior

Post by KevinB »

DavecUK wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 1:25 pm ... 15 + year old Casio that has travelled the world with me literally and never missed a beat. When a watch is passed on to a family member, it's value should always be something of you in that watch. ...
I've got a nearly 20 year old Tissot chronograph I purchased in Grenoble and has been in 30+ countries and 6 continents. It may only be quartz and only cost $130, but that is my most valuable watch to me. That's the watch I'd like to know is going to someone who will love it. My C60 GMT? That can go to my second favorite person.
ScofieldReturns
Senior
Senior

sproughton wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 7:36 am
ScofieldReturns wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 8:44 pm

You're going to really struggle with most posts on most forums if that's your view.
and yet i don't since most people are savvy enough to provide proper context to their OP
Amor Vincit Omnia

It takes about the same amount of time to answer a question as it does to write a post criticising someone for asking it. :yawn:
Steve