CW on social media

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
DEV.Woulf
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 10

Re: CW on social media

Post by DEV.Woulf »

Other forum formats allow YouTube, Instagram, and Twitter to be embedded onto the thread; the photos just automatically show up on the page. This forum is stuck a bit in the Stone Age. :o
Christopher Ward | LORIER | MONTA | SEIKO

Joseph.
TigerChris
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 1

Post by TigerChris »

Devarika Woulf wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 8:42 am This forum is stuck a bit in the Stone Age. :o
That must be why I’ve stuck around so long then as I get told I’m stuck in the Stone Age too :lol: :lol:
StrapMeister
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 2

Post by StrapMeister »

TigerChris wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:16 am
Devarika Woulf wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 8:42 am This forum is stuck a bit in the Stone Age. :o
That must be why I’ve stuck around so long then as I get told I’m stuck in the Stone Age too :lol: :lol:
Ditto
I think that I'll change my SIG to Neanderthal :lol:
TigerChris
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by TigerChris »

StrapMeister wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 11:04 am
TigerChris wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:16 am
Ditto
I think that I'll change my SIG to Neanderthal :lol:
Funnily enough, even my own mother calls me that now and again :lol: :lol:
Bungle-ator
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by Bungle-ator »

I thought this was the kind of thing this forum done already anyway?

For those of you saying you don't do social media, I'm not sure what you think this forum is.
Mikkei4
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by Mikkei4 »

We mean facebook and instagram as specified on the very first entry on this thread so maybe you didn't see or understand that bit.
TigerChris
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by TigerChris »

Mikkei4 wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:39 pm We mean facebook and instagram as specified on the very first entry on this thread so maybe you didn't see or understand that bit.
Don’t bite mate
Bungle-ator
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by Bungle-ator »

TigerChris wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:43 pm
Mikkei4 wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:39 pm We mean facebook and instagram as specified on the very first entry on this thread so maybe you didn't see or understand that bit.
Don’t bite mate
I wasn't on the wind up. Some folk might not do Facebook and Twitter but if they're on an internet forum then they do social media. That's what this is.
Molan
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 6

Post by Molan »

I wasn't on the wind up. Some folk might not do Facebook and Twitter but if they're on an internet forum then they do social media. That's what this is.
I agree - I manage ‘social media’ professionally for a number of clients and forums are absolutely included in my remit.
About 6 Christopher Wards, Omega, Tudor, Halios, Breitling, Bremont, Rado, TAG Heuer, Nomos, Hamilton, Sternglas
TigerChris
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by TigerChris »

Molan wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 8:27 am
I agree - I manage ‘social media’ professionally for a number of clients and forums are absolutely included in my remit.
Whilst, technically, internet forums could come under the 'social media' banner, a lot of us see them as serving totally different purposes. Anyway, this isn't the thread for this conversation as Guy kindly set it up for a different reason. It could, however, make an interesting conversation in a separate thread.

Edit; I've just seen the thread 'can the forum format be changed', which looks like the place to discuss :thumbup:
biggus_richus
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 5

Post by biggus_richus »

I am perplexed by people wanting the benefits of social media channels without signing up to the platforms.

When someone on the Facebook CWE wanted to see the proposals for the next FLE, I asked why they couldn't just go to the forum and take a look. They couldn't be bothered, yet they could be bothered to post there. Someone else posted screengrabs for them anyway, despite that taking more time and effort.

Heck, the only reason I signed up to Instagram was to see what Chris was posting for sale on #ThrowbackThursdays.
Rich.

Breitling | CW | Farer | Formex | Garmin | Marloe | Ming | Omega | Oris | Seiko | Studio Underd0g | Tag Heuer | Timex
TigerChris
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by TigerChris »

biggus_richus wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 10:55 am I am perplexed by people wanting the benefits of social media channels without signing up to the platforms.
For me I see more negatives on facebook, as an example, than positives. If that means me missing out on certain things I'm happy with that as it's my choice. If someone wants to keep people like me in the loop by posting the odd thing of interest on here, great, but if they don't then I can't complain
Bungle-ator
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by Bungle-ator »

I honestly thought pretty much everything relevant was shared in its own thread on here already. I'm not sure that it makes sense to hide everything said on Facebook or Twitter on a social media thread within a social media site just because of where it was first published?
If something newsworthy doesn't deserve it's own thread then is it really newsworthy?
TigerChris
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by TigerChris »

Bungle-ator wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 12:46 pm
If something newsworthy doesn't deserve it's own thread then is it really newsworthy?
Fair point that
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

For those that would the full link;-

https://www.facebook.com/17447111935809 ... ry_index=0

Guy

Sent from my Xperia XZ Premium using Tapatalk

In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England