Trident 65 SH21 steel case LE

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
Marknjf

Trident 65 SH21 steel case LE

Post by Marknjf »

Another newbie question: Can anyone confirm whether this (lovely) watch is hand wound or automatic. P7 of Loupe says hand wound but the website says automatic. I think automatic (the SH21 movement has been seen as automatic in the C1 Grand Malvern auto) but it’s caused some heated discussion in the pub since Loupe landed last week.

Cheers, Mark
welshlad
CW-watches: 27

Re: Trident 65 SH21 steel case LE

Post by welshlad »

I'm 99% sure it's an automatic. That's what I recall being told by Peter Ellis at the GTG last weekend when he showed me his and we discussed why it sits a bit higher on the wrist than the other C65s.

Also the website specifically says: "this C65 marks the first time SH21 has appeared in automatic form with small second and power reserve subdials". That sounds like a fairly deliberate statement, so it must be Loupe that's incorrect.
Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future. - Niels Bohr
Marknjf

Post by Marknjf »

Sounds pretty conclusive to me. Was it as attractive in the flesh as in photos? It looks stunning.

Cheers, Mark
welshlad
CW-watches: 27

Post by welshlad »

I thought it looked fantastic, to be honest. It does sit a bit higher on the wrist than the handwound C65s, but it's a lovely looking watch.
Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future. - Niels Bohr
DavecUK
Expert
Expert

Post by DavecUK »

Definitely automatic, case disguises the thickness well, it looks better in the flesh than in the photos. I bought one because I think it's a beautiful watch and so well executed. So far am loving it and did a review on it...

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=52759