How many CW watches do you own

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
Gasman
Senior
Senior

Re: How many CW watches do you own

Post by Gasman »

angusbon wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 7:58 pm My reply would be are you actually going to buy from CW or just posting a ugwc type thread?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
I have already got one a C60 Trident PVD with the new logo. I’m looking for another just trying to get a feel fo the forum. :?
TigerChris
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 1

Post by TigerChris »

Gasman wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 9:24 pm
angusbon wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 7:58 pm My reply would be are you actually going to buy from CW or just posting a ugwc type thread?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
I have already got one a C60 Trident PVD with the new logo. I’m looking for another just trying to get a feel fo the forum. :?
Hmmmmmm, already have a CW? On another thread you started you’re asking if a C11 is a good starter watch for your first. You need to make your mind up.
Gasman
Senior
Senior

Post by Gasman »

I have also started a thread that says how nice this forum is compared to others. But you have just proved how wrong you can be.
Just for you I made that post and then bought my first CW the day after.
You need to get out more.
TigerChris
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 1

Post by TigerChris »

Gasman wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 12:39 am I have also started a thread that says how nice this forum is compared to others. But you have just proved how wrong you can be.
Just for you I made that post and then bought my first CW the day after.
You need to get out more.
The day after which thread? You started 3 all on different days :lol: :lol:
peterh
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 7

Post by peterh »

Four, all very old ones. Oh, damn, five.

1. Back to where it all began: the C5 Malvern Mk1 automatic, bought in 2005, when it was offered for the ridiculously low price of UKL 95. It is in fact the watch I am wearing today. It's still going of course. Value for money: 8 on a scale of 1 to 5.
I consider this the most beautiful CW I've seen, ever. It is very understated, and very, very elegant. I also consider the Mk1 the most beautiful generation of the Malvern to date. Everything about this watch is just... right.

I really regret not buying a C3 Malvern Mk1 (cream dial, brown strap) when it was available.

2. The 2007/2008 LE Kingfisher (number 24 -- I was born on the 24th). No problems, still running fine.

3. A limited edition quartz C4 Peregrine, ordered to celebrate the birth of our first grandson. This is the red one, number 24 again -- my grandson was also born on the 24th. It will be his on his 15th birtday, which is next year.
A wee bit slow for a quartz watch, and it goes through batteries a bit quicker than my (admittedly very frugal) Seikos.

4. The auto variant of the C4: the Speedhawk with the VJ7750 movement. This is, in fact, the stablest and most accurate automatic watch I've got. It's a very "eighties" design... more inspired by a Ford Capri than by an Aston-Martin. :lol:
It is also the only CW I own that developed a problem: the winding rotor gets caught on something else in the watch, and gets stuck, preventing the watch to wind automatically. I actually need to bring that watch in to a good watch repair operation to get it sorted.

5. Damn, I almost forgot the gold black-faced C5 Mk1 prototype. Not to be worn in daylight. It's a bit shouty with its gold bracelet, but at least it's shouty with a sense of style. ;)

Non-CW's:
- an Omega Genève auto that used to be my grandfather's (dates back to 1961).
- too many Seikos. Lemme do a quick mental count... that's three... four... five. I think. I may be forgetting one. One auto, four quartz. Value for money on these watches is off the charts.
Man with one watch, always know time. Man with many watches, never sure.
(unidentified Chinese philosopher)
StrapMeister
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 2

Post by StrapMeister »

Gasman wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 9:24 pm I have already got one a C60 Trident PVD with the new logo.
Sounds nice :thumbup:
...do you have pic?
welshlad
CW-watches: 27

Post by welshlad »

peterh wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 9:13 am Four, all very old ones. Oh, damn, five.
Peter, it's great to see a long-standing member such as yourself posting again. Hopefully, you will be able to contribute regularly again. I've been on the forum about 7.5 years and your previous post was from before I joined! :lol:

It would be interesting to get your take on CW as it is now compared to how you knew it back in the day (possibly in a new thread). :thumbup:

Welcome back.
Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future. - Niels Bohr
PaulJS
Forumgod
Forumgod
CW-watches: 6

Post by PaulJS »

Peaked at 8, now down to 7 with another halfway out the door.

Not a reflection of the watches, more that I had a honeymoon period buying frenzy around 2015 shortly after getting my first Trident.

Since then my needs have changed and my opportunities to wear a wide variety of watches has dimished.

Having said that, the latest military releases are tempting......

Cheers
Paul
The older I get the better I used to be

Trident Pro White / Blue
C4
Omega Speedmaster II LE
Omega Speedmaster II original-ish
Trident Pro Black/Blue
C70 VW4
C65 LE
C7 MK 1
Scurfa Diver One

Steinhart Ocean One 39
TheBeatles
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 6

Post by TheBeatles »

PaulJS wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 12:50 pm Peaked at 8, now down to 7 with another halfway out the door.

Not a reflection of the watches, more that I had a honeymoon period buying frenzy around 2015 shortly after getting my first Trident.

Since then my needs have changed and my opportunities to wear a wide variety of watches has dimished.

Cheers
Paul
Similar story, during my peak buying frenzy I was up to 18!!!

Now down to 3, all C60 600 Tridents. (Red/Black, Blue/Blue and Black/Black Vintage, all 43mm)
Basically, I'm for anything that gets you through the night. Be it prayer, tranquilizers or a bottle of Jack Daniels, Frank Sinatra

All You Need Is Love, The Beatles

Too much of anything is bad. But too much of good whiskey is barely enough, Mark Twain
Gareth
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 12

Post by Gareth »

I'm currently on 9 CWs -a mix of 3 tridents, a C9 moonphase, C700, C900 WT, C7 auto chrono, C600 tritech and C1000 typhoon.

This number may be reducing though as I'm considering the new steel ombre. I might look to move a couple on but it'll be a difficult decision which ones.
Chris375
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 15

Post by Chris375 »

My current collection of CW watches as I received a previously owned Elite 1000 today.

Cheers
Chris
Attachments
IMG_1313.JPG
10xCW, 3xBremont, 2xTag Heuer, 6xOmega, 1xHamilton, 1xSeiko
StrapMeister
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 2

Post by StrapMeister »

^^^^ OMG :shock: