London GTG / CW Event - Chat with Co-Founders - Saturday 31st August 2019

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
johnnysharp2
Forumgod
Forumgod
CW-watches: 7

Re: London GTG / CW Event - Chat with Co-Founders - Saturday 31st August 2019

Post by johnnysharp2 »

For various reasons it’s unlikrly I will be able to attend any of these events.

It would be nice however if the audio quality was sufficient to be able to listen to what was said, having tried pretty much at each one so far the audio quality is so poor, surely they can look into that?
Johnny
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

I have been contacted by Olivia @ CW, who has told me that she has some of the CW mugs (C60 Apex) left over from the London GTG and that if anyone would like one, please email her at;- events@christopherward.co.uk and she will arrange for one to be posted out.

She may also have a few of the Manchester (C60 Elite 1000) and Edinburgh (C65 Trident Auto) mugs available as well. Again, please just email.

Guy
In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
MiniMpi
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 17

Post by MiniMpi »

Myself and Louise had a wonderful time at the London GTG.
I was delighted to meet a few forum members finally face to face after a number of years chatting to them online, Eddiethebeast (Dean), welshlad (Steve), golfjunky (Greg), STodd (Steve), helicopterpat (Pat), Thegreyman (Patrick) and of course Bahnstormer_vRS (Guy) and ngb (Neil) who I've met before.
Apologies for anyone I haven't mentioned but my memory is shocking also for names so again apologies. Also others who were there that I didn't get to meet sadly.
All the CW staff were very nice and accommodating and was great to meet them face to face for the first time, Mike France, Peter Ellis (a great character), Olivia, Helen, Adrian, Alex etc.

I had a great chat with Chris Ward himself, always nice to talk to him as he's so down to earth and straight talking.

Loved seeing the latest releases in the metal and holding them etc.
The two new releases that really called to me were the C65 Dartmouth which is stunning as is the C65 SH21 LE.
For me the Dartmouth is attainable so a possibility at some stage.
I would seriously nearly kill for the C65 SH21 LE but it's sadly way out of my reach :(
Big Thanks to CW for organizing it and to everyone who attended.
nbg
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 14

Post by nbg »

MiniMpi wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 10:51 am Loved seeing the latest releases in the metal and holding them etc.
The two new releases that really called to me were the C65 Dartmouth which is stunning as is the C65 SH21 LE.
It was good to see you and also get the chance to look at your vintage Rolex.

Hope you had a great meal on Saturday evening.

My two favourites were also the C65 Dartmouth and C65 SH21 LE.

Neil
Other watch forums of interest:
TZ-UK
Thegreyman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 6

Post by Thegreyman »

MiniMpi wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 10:51 am Myself and Louise had a wonderful time at the London GTG.
I was delighted to meet a few forum members finally face to face after a number of years chatting to them online, Eddiethebeast (Dean), welshlad (Steve), golfjunky (Greg), STodd (Steve), helicopterpat (Pat), Thegreyman (Patrick) and of course Bahnstormer_vRS (Guy) and ngb (Neil) who I've met before.
Apologies for anyone I haven't mentioned but my memory is shocking also for names so again apologies. Also others who were there that I didn't get to meet sadly.
All the CW staff were very nice and accommodating and was great to meet them face to face for the first time, Mike France, Peter Ellis (a great character), Olivia, Helen, Adrian, Alex etc.
I'd second that Ferg, very enjoyable to meet with you and all the folk you mentioned above as I'd only met a couple of them before, great to put a face to the name. Everyone was really sound too, a great bunch of people. :thumbup:
Patrick

C60 Pro 300, C60 Sunrise, C63 Sealander Lucerne blue LE, C65 Dartmouth, W11 Amelia (wife), C63 Sealander (son)

Some others + a few on the way