Where can I find a C11

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
Gasman
Senior
Senior

Where can I find a C11

Post by Gasman »

I am new to CW and really fancy a C11. I have emailed CW who say they have none left. Does anyone have an idea where I can find a new or used one apart from eBay.
DEV.Woulf
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 10

Re: Where can I find a C11

Post by DEV.Woulf »

You can ask on the Want to buy forum, but there are two caveats:

1. You must have 50 posts to make a thread there.
2. Someone else has been already asking for a while without any luck.

My friendly advice is to fall in love with a different watch instead. While enjoying that one put aside some extra funds and wait it out until someone is ready to part with their C11. :yawn:
Christopher Ward | LORIER | MONTA | SEIKO

Joseph.
johnnysharp2
Forumgod
Forumgod
CW-watches: 7

Post by johnnysharp2 »

This is the third thread you started now about the C11, might be easier for you if you just have the 1 and add your questions.

In another you say you have been offered one, from where? What is the condition of the watch?

There are many variations , which are you interested in?

The most likely source is eBay, that’s where I got mine from, nothing wrong with checking regularly in there if you can find a nice one from a good seller. If you are ruling out eBay you may have a long wait.
Johnny
Gasman
Senior
Senior

Post by Gasman »

It’s the Mk. 1 I’m after and the reason for all the posts is I’m trying to reach members that may not see the one.
johnnysharp2
Forumgod
Forumgod
CW-watches: 7

Post by johnnysharp2 »

You probably have 2 options then eBay or the sales corner on here. You will find they appear quite regularly on eBay though I know you say that's not your preferred source its your best chance.
Johnny
Amor Vincit Omnia
CW-watches: 4

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

As others have said, the C11 is a reasonably rare beast on Sales Corner. The main reason being that manufacture of the watch was discontinued a few years ago. This means that the serial flippers will have serially flipped theirs, so to speak, a long time ago. I suspect that the majority of owners currently on the forum are quite attached to their particular watches.

When you have accrued 50 posts on the forum you can post a WTB on Sales Corner. However, don’t be in any rush as you can already see that section, and your post here will be reaching exactly the same audience.
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
Andy-Smith
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 15

Post by Andy-Smith »

No doubt about it eBay is the best place to find one. There have been three posted last week, all MK1's and there is the merc branded on now.
MarkingTime
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 4

Post by MarkingTime »

eBay is your best bet.

You are actually well protected as a buyer. Make sure you follow policy and you are covered for all eventualities.

Take your time to find out how the system works and do your research into prices to get a feel for the value of the various models.

Bide your time and you will get a bargain.
FloridaPhil
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Post by FloridaPhil »

WatchChat on Facebook
The friendliest watch group on Facebook chatting about our watch passion and whatever else happens to come up.