FLE #8 - Poll #5

Discuss Christopher Ward watches

I will buy one of these 3 models. (You may vote for up to 3 and can change your choices.)

Poll ended at Thu Aug 29, 2019 9:58 am

#3 - Black sweep hand - white GMT hand with red tip
38%
#4 - Black sweep hand with red tip - white GMT hand with red tip
24%
#5 - Black sweep hand with red tip including lume circle - white GMT hand with red tip
38%

Total votes: 58

what-time-is-it
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 1

Re: FLE #8 - Poll #5

Post by what-time-is-it »

This isn't a criticism and I've not read all of the threads connected to this Forum LE, but in my eyes factors that are influencing the current commitment level are: forum numbers/traffic not what it used to be, price of a Trident and then the preference of a GMT at more cost and then the additional cost for a unique design. Possibly too much choice at the start of the process and the shenanigans regarding customer service and qc in recent times probably isn't helping.

As this is a Forum LE aimed for loyal customers or people who like the brand, I still think the pricing is wrong and shouldn't be at a premium. I'm pretty sure the voucher could be used in 2017 and that was on a cheaper watch!

Sell this at £850 on bracelet and I'm sure you would get the numbers you need.
Current collection incl Citizen, G-Shock, Rolex, Seiko, Sinn & Tag.

Chris
Andy-Smith
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 15

Post by Andy-Smith »

there were a number of people who indicated that they were flexible on either choice so i would be very surprised if we could not get more than 25 buyers for 3 or 5.
welshlad
CW-watches: 27

Post by welshlad »

Andy-Smith wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 1:10 pm there were a number of people who indicated that they were flexible on either choice so i would be very surprised if we could not get more than 25 buyers for 3 or 5.
My point was that those who were flexible would have already voted for #3 or #5 if they were prepared to buy one of these. That's why people were allowed up to 3 votes in this poll.
Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future. - Niels Bohr
groovin
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 6

Post by groovin »

what-time-is-it wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 12:41 pm This isn't a criticism and I've not read all of the threads connected to this Forum LE, but in my eyes factors that are influencing the current commitment level are: forum numbers/traffic not what it used to be, price of a Trident and then the preference of a GMT at more cost and then the additional cost for a unique design. Possibly too much choice at the start of the process and the shenanigans regarding customer service and qc in recent times probably isn't helping.

As this is a Forum LE aimed for loyal customers or people who like the brand, I still think the pricing is wrong and shouldn't be at a premium. I'm pretty sure the voucher could be used in 2017 and that was on a cheaper watch!

First time I am involved in these FLE so would be níce to get a confirmation about the possibility of using a discount voucher/code with it. I guess that isn't an option since Kip didn't mention that when estimating the pricing. It would certainly be logical to be able to use the discount even though it is a limited watch for the loyal community so a nice opportunity from CW.
Tudor Black Bay | C9 Moonphase | C65 Trident Auto | C9 5 Day Auto | Vulcain Aviator | C60 299 Signal Sqn | Seiko Turtle Blue Lagoon | Oris Aquis | Steinhart Ocean One Gnomon | Zelos Swordfish V2
QPRcat
Junior
Junior

Post by QPRcat »

I’ll ask Mike France on Saturday to buy a couple to get us over the line! :)
iain
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by iain »

Andy-Smith wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 1:10 pm there were a number of people who indicated that they were flexible on either choice so i would be very surprised if we could not get more than 25 buyers for 3 or 5.
I am one of those who stated I was flexible. I therefore voted for all three designs. These were the guidelines set out for us and I assume everyone else did like I did.

I’m a little surprised that there are so many who would definitely buy if the red extended round the line pip, but would definitely not go ahead if it didn’t. I accept at this price we need to be very careful as to whether we like the final design. Maybe this indicates there are some who voted only for their favourite, but then again maybe not.
Iain’s Law: Any discussion on the Christopher Ward forum, irrespective of the thread title or subject matter, will eventually lead to someone mentioning the Bel Canto if the thread continues for long enough.
TigerChris
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by TigerChris »

groovin wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 1:23 pm
what-time-is-it wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 12:41 pm This isn't a criticism and I've not read all of the threads connected to this Forum LE, but in my eyes factors that are influencing the current commitment level are: forum numbers/traffic not what it used to be, price of a Trident and then the preference of a GMT at more cost and then the additional cost for a unique design. Possibly too much choice at the start of the process and the shenanigans regarding customer service and qc in recent times probably isn't helping.

First time I am involved in these FLE so would be níce to get a confirmation about the possibility of using a discount voucher/code with it. I guess that isn't an option since Kip didn't mention that when estimating the pricing. It would certainly be logical to be able to use the discount even though it is a limited watch for the loyal community so a nice opportunity from CW.
Kip did mention it in his very first post at the start of the process
groovin
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 6

Post by groovin »

TigerChris wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 1:27 pm
groovin wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 1:23 pm

Kip did mention it in his very first post at the start of the process
Oh sorry my bad overlooked that. Then I guess it's settled.
Tudor Black Bay | C9 Moonphase | C65 Trident Auto | C9 5 Day Auto | Vulcain Aviator | C60 299 Signal Sqn | Seiko Turtle Blue Lagoon | Oris Aquis | Steinhart Ocean One Gnomon | Zelos Swordfish V2
Andy-Smith
Senior
Senior

Post by Andy-Smith »

iain wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 1:26 pm
I am one of those who stated I was flexible. I therefore voted for all three designs. These were the guidelines set out for us and I assume everyone else did like I did.

I’m a little surprised that there are so many who would definitely buy if the red extended round the line pip, but would definitely not go ahead if it didn’t. I accept at this price we need to be very careful as to whether we like the final design. Maybe this indicates there are some who voted only for their favourite, but then again maybe not.
I only voted for #5 as I would be in for two watches - over £2000 so I (and my son) would really like the model we like best. Our 1st choice was all red second hand and the next best was the red lollipop option. We would need to think carefully before going for the all black.
DEV.Woulf
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 10

Post by DEV.Woulf »

I admit I'm starting to warm up to the red lollipop. I still prefer the black, but srs1286's photoshop helped it a bit. It's a bit loud, but if everyone else likes it... :ka:

Probably best to run one last poll to force compromise because otherwise it ain't getting made. It's come this far. :-k
Christopher Ward | LORIER | MONTA | SEIKO

Joseph.
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 150
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Post by Kip »

Andy-Smith wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 1:34 pm

I only voted for #5 as I would be in for two watches - over £2000 so I (and my son) would really like the model we like best. Our 1st choice was all red second hand and the next best was the red lollipop option. We would need to think carefully before going for the all black.
So if we move forward, and #3 is the winner, you will not be buying. That is what your vote tells me. If that is right, you voted correctly.

I am sure there are others who only voted for one as well.

Of course you do have the right to change your mind...if we move forward. i am working on that.
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
Andy-Smith
Senior
Senior

Post by Andy-Smith »

Kip wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 2:02 pm
Andy-Smith wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 1:34 pm

So if we move forward, and #3 is the winner, you will not be buying. That is what your vote tells me. If that is right, you voted correctly.

I am sure there are others who only voted for one as well.

Of course you do have the right to change your mind...if we move forward. i am working on that.
If the next poll (if we have one) comes out with all black the preferred model then I would need to think about it and cogitate with Alex my son on do we go for it. At the moment if I had the black on the wrist every time I looked at it I would wish it had been the other.

I am still hopeful right now that the lollipop may be OK for some of the all black voters.
timor54
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by timor54 »

welshlad wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 12:27 pm
Andy-Smith wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 12:09 pm Looks like it may depend on the 11 that voted for #4 if we have another vote between 3 & 5.
The 11 who voted for #4 will have also voted for #3 and/or #5 in this poll if they were willing to buy them, or not voted for #3 and #5 if they were not willing to buy them. No switching of votes is required. And another poll of just #3 and #5 would tell us the same answer, if everyone followed the instructions correctly for this poll.

It's time for us to think about what to do next given that none of the options reached the magic 25 level.
For this reason the total number of votes visible to us users is somewhat meaningless.

Much more interesting would be the number of actual user id’s that voted? I’d assume that level of granularity is visible to Kip or possibly the moderators.

Given that voting was meant to be indicative of a willingness to purchase, if the number of users voting failed to reach the magic 25 then no permutation of hand colours will make any difference.
Tim
Amor Vincit Omnia
CW-watches: 4

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

timor54 wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 3:21 pm
Much more interesting would be the number of actual user id’s that voted? I’d assume that level of granularity is visible to Kip or possibly the moderators.
Nope. As far as votes are concerned I can only see how many. I'm not sure Kip can see more than that either.
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
welshlad
CW-watches: 27

Post by welshlad »

timor54 wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 3:21 pm For this reason the total number of votes visible to us users is somewhat meaningless.

Given that voting was meant to be indicative of a willingness to purchase, if the number of users voting failed to reach the magic 25 then no permutation of hand colours will make any difference.
If you mean the total 58 votes shown at the bottom of the results, then I agree that is meaningless.

The meaningful results from the poll is that there is demand for 22 of #3, 14 of #4 or 22 of #5. [Actually, there is demand for 23 of #5 as Andy has said he would buy another one for his son, but can't vote twice.]

I'm not sure that knowing the number of actual userid's that voted would tell us very much. We can't see that info anyway, as AVO says, but the answer must be between 22 and 58.
Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future. - Niels Bohr