C8 POWER RESERVE

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
Essex Paul
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2

Re: C8 POWER RESERVE

Post by Essex Paul »

Porky12 wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 7:43 pm Thanks to all for your thoughts knowledge and advice, that's really nice on the leather strap with red stitching, I did wonder about the size, I do have a small wrist, I think my C60 at 43mms looks and wears ok though, will probably purchase soon, my problems now arise from the fact that the more I now get into the world of watches the more I discover from this forum and reviews i keep looking at the more watches i fall in love with, but I am on a Ltd. budget, not sure to go with a more expensive watch like an Omega or Oris, at around the 4k mark, (expensive for me!) Or buy 3 Cws instead, as I have mentioned in a recent convert to this, I really had no idea how complex and stressful this could be just trying to make up your mind which watch to buy! Thanks to all again.
Personally if that’s the case I’d go for the Omega/Oris.
Quality over quantity as always. Whilst CW are attractive and VFM, the after-sales is shoddy.
If you’re on a one off budget I’d go for that. :thumbup:
C1 Grand Malvern Power Reserve
C65 Trident Diver Blue
Porky12

Post by Porky12 »

Yes I think your right, but does the gap in quality justify the massive price difference? I don't know the answer to that one, I am over thinking it I think, I need to get out and have a look at some these watches in the flesh rather than keep looking at them online, the more I look the more I find I cant make my mind up! Thanks.
Essex Paul
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Essex Paul »

Porky12 wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 7:14 pm Yes I think your right, but does the gap in quality justify the massive price difference? I don't know the answer to that one, I am over thinking it I think, I need to get out and have a look at some these watches in the flesh rather than keep looking at them online, the more I look the more I find I cant make my mind up! Thanks.
I understand where you’re coming from. It’s difficult. You’re right, go out and try those watches on. You’ll know the increase in quality alright. I remember trying on my submariner for the first time.
The quality difference is massive. It’ll be the same with the Omega/Oris. Together with the increased quality of the after-sales and servicing I think the increase in outlay is worth it. Look forward to seeing the pictures! :thumbup:
C65 Trident Diver Blue
watchaholic
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 4

Post by watchaholic »

Omega, with their in house co-axial movement, massive anti mag properties, as well as
META timekeeping certification puts it well above Oris with their ETA based movement. I like Oris, I own one. IMO, it's just not in the same league as the Omega.
Time and money? I’ve spent most of mine on booze and women. The rest I just wasted…
Dwight
Amor Vincit Omnia
CW-watches: 4

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

OP, I think it is about time you visited Downer’s Rules

In particular I think rules 1, 6 and 8 apply.

One Day As a Lion… :D
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
Essex Paul
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Essex Paul »

Amor Vincit Omnia wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:12 pm OP, I think it is about time you visited Downer’s Rules

In particular I think rules 1, 6 and 8 apply.

One Day As a Lion… :D
Great advice. :thumbup:
C65 Trident Diver Blue