Delayed watch service

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
gatehealing
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 9

Re: Delayed watch service

Post by gatehealing »

This is not the watch you paid for. Unless they are going to refund you for providing an old dial, I would not stand for this. To “just live with it” would be to enable an ongoing problem that CW does not yet seem capable of fixing. If you love that original logo (which I do), then, and only then, would I “just live with it.”

I see the problem of risking returning it. You might just get a Casio back next time. Or the watch banging around the box. Or not get it back for 7 months. Or just not get it back at all.

Pathetic for “Rolex of the Internet.”
Mikkei4
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by Mikkei4 »

dh1raj wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:08 am I received the watch back finally. However I have noticed that the watch face has been changed, when I bought it I had the ChrWard logo

and now it has the Christopher Ward with a logo C around W

IMG_3042.jpg

I was not informed why this was done as part of the service. I preferred the face I had originally, any advice on what I should do about this?
Kip wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:57 am What you need to do is verify the serial number against your original paperwork or the service request form.

Then contact CW immediately as to the dial or watch issue.

Otherwise, all you can do is live with it and that doesn't sound like what you want to do.
Hi dh1raj,
did you manage to verify the serial number of your watch?
Interested to read an update.
triffidman
Guru
Guru
CW-watches: 2

Post by triffidman »

I once took a Ford Sierra in for a service, and when I got it back, it had the interior of an old Ford Cortina. :lol: (I hope that joke isn't lost here!)

This kind of 'switcharoo' is an insult to the customer, and his/her intelligence. Clearly not a mistake or human error, but a deliberate act. I am baffled that Christopher Ward still seek 'accelerated growth' (the recent 6.25M investment), when they are not capable of any kind of quality at the growth they are already experiencing.
C60 GMT (SOKKO)
C40 Chronograph

Laco Helsinki
Tissot T Touch Expert

Casio G-Shock Frogman
Casio G-Shock GPW-1000
Mikkei4
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by Mikkei4 »

triffidman wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:05 pm I once took a Ford Sierra in for a service, and when I got it back, it had the interior of an old Ford Cortina. :lol: (I hope that joke isn't lost here!)

This kind of 'switcharoo' is an insult to the customer, and his/her intelligence. Clearly not a mistake or human error, but a deliberate act. I am baffled that Christopher Ward still seek 'accelerated growth' (the recent 6.25M investment), when they are not capable of any kind of quality at the growth they are already experiencing.
I would have thanked them for giving me a Cortina interior especially if it was from a 1600E - the Sierra's were awful.

But back to point....It'd be good to hear direct from the OP what the latest is and where the problem lies.