Expansion of the Trident 40mm range?

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
Mike2795647
Senior
Senior

Expansion of the Trident 40mm range?

Post by Mike2795647 »

Hi all,

Now that the Trident Mk3 has been on release for a good few months, has anyone heard any news on if and/or when new colours will be released.
Amor Vincit Omnia
CW-watches: 4

Re: Expansion of the Trident 40mm range?

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

The upcoming GTG next Saturday might reveal a few tidbits of info. I think that could well be on the list of questions.
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
Rice and Gravy
Expert
Expert
CW-watches: 1

Post by Rice and Gravy »

I asked them directly on Instagram a week ago, and they confirmed that new versions of the 40mm Trident will be forthcoming in "a couple of weeks" so my guess is September 1st.
Omega SMP 2254.50
Omega Aqua Terra 8900 Blue
Christopher Ward C60 Trident 300 White
Hamilton Jazzmaster Day/Date
Casio G-Shock GWM5610-1
Commisar
Senior
Senior

Re: C60 MK3. what would you change ?

Post by Commisar »

Rice & Gravy wrote:I asked them directly on Instagram a week ago, and they confirmed that new versions of the 40mm Trident will be forthcoming in "a couple of weeks" so my guess is September 1st.
Great news

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

what-time-is-it
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by what-time-is-it »

40mm in Blue makes an appearance with mid-Sept delivery.

https://www.christopherward.co.uk/c60-t ... 600-mk3-18

Current collection incl Citizen, G-Shock, Rolex, Seiko, Sinn & Tag.

Chris
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

Blue colourway also available in 42mm.

Guy
In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
Rice and Gravy
Expert
Expert

Post by Rice and Gravy »

It's about time!
Omega SMP 2254.50
Omega Aqua Terra 8900 Blue
Christopher Ward C60 Trident 300 White
Hamilton Jazzmaster Day/Date
Casio G-Shock GWM5610-1
DEV.Woulf
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 10

Post by DEV.Woulf »

I was hoping there'd be a black & red 40mm but perhaps in due time. [-o<

I currently have my eyes on another CW, but the funds for the Mk3 blue would come quicker if I sold my Mk2 blue. The problem is will I regret it?

The 38mm Mk2 has a unique appearance, a tighter bezel, a prettier shade of color, and are hard to come by. The 40mm Mk3 has more refinement, better overall quality, more wrist presence, and are abundant. I don't see the point of having 2 blue Tridents so it's an interesting debate for me. 8-[
Christopher Ward | LORIER | MONTA | SEIKO

Joseph.
nbg
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 14

Post by nbg »

Devarika Woulf wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:00 pm I was hoping there'd be a black & red 40mm but perhaps in due time. [-o<

I currently have my eyes on another CW, but the funds for the Mk3 blue would come quicker if I sold my Mk2 blue. The problem is will I regret it?

The 38mm Mk2 has a unique appearance, a tighter bezel, a prettier shade of color, and are hard to come by. The 40mm Mk3 has more refinement, better overall quality, more wrist presence, and are abundant. I don't see the point of having 2 blue Tridents so it's an interesting debate for me. 8-[
Well I am keeping my blue 38mm Mk2 and won’t be buying a blue Mk3.

I will however buy the blue Dartmouth at some stage. :)

Neil
Other watch forums of interest:
TZ-UK
scooter
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
LE-two: yes
LE-foura: yes

La Creme De La Creme

Post by scooter »

I'm more than happy with my Mark I scooter blue (2012 FLE).

The only blue dialled, blue bezel insert on a Mark I Trident if I recall correctly.

The icing on the cake being the Mark I logo (if it's still permissible to mention that).

Who would have thought that that colour scheme would have been so successful over the years.

scooter
#1 scooter blue 2012 FLE (50 made)
CBMVic20
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 3

Post by CBMVic20 »

I'd like to see a black bezel, yellow dial version.
CW C9 SH21 | C60 Apex SH21 | C65 SH21
Ernst Benz Chronoscope DLC
Oris WilliamsF1 Day Date 2004
Phoibos Leviathan DLC
Seiko 5 Sports Orange "Baby" Monster
Tag Aquaracer | F1 Panda

Too many watches, not enough time :(
TigerChris
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by TigerChris »

I can find no reason to ‘upgrade’ my MK2 GMT. The MK2 is just a far better looking watch, in my opinion, especially with the ‘other’ logo at 12. The Elite did get my interest, but the colours are too similar to another of my keepers to purchase. When another Elite gets released, with bracelet, I may be back in the Trident game. For now, though, I’m happy with what I have.
DEV.Woulf
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 10

Re: La Creme De La Creme

Post by DEV.Woulf »

scooter wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:36 amI'm more than happy with my Mark I scooter blue (2012 FLE).The only blue dialled, blue bezel insert on a Mark I Trident if I recall correctly. The icing on the cake being the Mark I logo (if it's still permissible to mention that). Who would have thought that that colour scheme would have been so successful over the years.
The Scooter C60 still remains one of the best Tridents ever made. The blue is real classy, and the original logo suits it great. Actually, looking at pictures of it brings me right back to 2012 as I had joined the forum soon after the FLE was on everyone's wrists. I admit that I was bummed it was so limited, but I did move on! :D
Christopher Ward | LORIER | MONTA | SEIKO

Joseph.
TheBeatles
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 6

Post by TheBeatles »

Devarika Woulf wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:46 pm
The Scooter C60 still remains one of the best Tridents ever made. The blue is real classy, and the original logo suits it great. Actually, looking at pictures of it brings me right back to 2012 as I had joined the forum soon after the FLE was on everyone's wrists. I admit that I was bummed it was so limited, but I did move on! :D
Not to my taste, the blue bezel looks a bit “tinny” to me. The ceramic bezels on the later models look amazing, and to me, much classier.
Basically, I'm for anything that gets you through the night. Be it prayer, tranquilizers or a bottle of Jack Daniels, Frank Sinatra

All You Need Is Love, The Beatles

Too much of anything is bad. But too much of good whiskey is barely enough, Mark Twain
Thegreyman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 6

Post by Thegreyman »

scooter wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:36 am I'm more than happy with my Mark I scooter blue (2012 FLE).

The only blue dialled, blue bezel insert on a Mark I Trident if I recall correctly.

The icing on the cake being the Mark I logo (if it's still permissible to mention that).

Who would have thought that that colour scheme would have been so successful over the years.

scooter
It's good to see the success of the 40mm mk3 Trident and the range being expanded. I'm in the same camp that although I like the blue/blue, it is probably too close to my mk1 Scooter to buy this one. I agree with Brian's later post that the ceramic bezel is an upgrade, however.....

Hopefully some further 40mm options incl GMT not too far in the future. Having said all that, from trying them out at the GTG, the 42mm Trident doesn't wear that large, certainly noticeably smaller than the 43mm mk2 and so I wouldn't rule out buying one of the Elite or other upcoming models were they only available in the larger size.
Patrick

C60 Pro 300, C60 Sunrise, C63 Sealander Lucerne blue LE, C65 Dartmouth, W11 Amelia (wife), C63 Sealander (son)

Some others + a few on the way