Final Update (warning long read) - Advice Needed - Small Imperfection on the C65 Trident Auto

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
groovin
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 6

Re: Final Update (warning long read) - Advice Needed - Small Imperfection on the C65 Trident Auto

Post by groovin »

Essex Paul wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 6:00 pm
DavecUK wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 4:37 pm I am astounded......I was initially excited by the thought of owning a CW watch, but it seems there are so many problems around QC and customer service? Is this forum just an unrepresentative sample of owners, or is this far more widespread?
We can’t be the only ones Dave. Surely.
If it is only forum members I’d be astounded.
Not everyone is into social media or can be bothered to sign up to a forum. So I’m guessing there must be many more. On the CWFB forum too?
I guess it would be very hard to make any educated guess about the statistics regarding any representative sample for these issues. On one hand there are a lot of customers that are not bothered with any kind of forum presence on the other hand there are those that just read the forums and never post like I was for a long time. Compared to the amount of sales they have the few unfortunate stories here and there on the forum are just a minor percentage but for me more important is the way they are being handled. I was partly as mentioned positively impressed by the CS staff that tried to always find a reasonable solution on the other hand I must say that even though I can tolerate that manufacturing and QQ mistakes happen, sending a watch back to the customer like that is just past my tolerance threshold.
Tudor Black Bay | C9 Moonphase | C65 Trident Auto | C9 5 Day Auto | Vulcain Aviator | C60 299 Signal Sqn | Seiko Turtle Blue Lagoon | Oris Aquis | Steinhart Ocean One Gnomon | Zelos Swordfish V2
iain
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 1

Re: Final Update (warning long read) - Advice Needed - Small Imperfection on the C65 Trident Auto

Post by iain »

Essex Paul wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 6:00 pm Not everyone is into social media or can be bothered to sign up to a forum. So I’m guessing there must be many more. On the CWFB forum too?
As a regular visitor to both the forum and and CW Enthusiasts Facebook page, there does seem to be a much higher reporting of issues on this site than on the Facebook page. Not sure why that is, it might be something to do with the different formats.
Iain’s Law: Any discussion on the Christopher Ward forum, irrespective of the thread title or subject matter, will eventually lead to someone mentioning the Bel Canto if the thread continues for long enough.
johnnysharp2
Forumgod
Forumgod
CW-watches: 7

Post by johnnysharp2 »

Reading this really does make you wonder if you trust buying a watch from them again, or worse still sending one back in for repair or servicing.

I wouldn't even consider paying full price for anything direct from them anymore.
Johnny
peter160866
Senior
Senior

Post by peter160866 »

A question that entered my head - why didn't they replace the face - overfill on marker not acceptable and I am very far from being OCD.
C60 - Khaki, Early Malvern, 2015 LE, C10 Aviator, Jump Hour, Black Trident Vintage
groovin
Senior
Senior

Post by groovin »

peter160866 wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 1:59 pm A question that entered my head - why didn't they replace the face - overfill on marker not acceptable and I am very far from being OCD.
They basically said that replacing the face would take a normal service waiting period of several weeks/months can't remember exactly and after I was initially promised that the watch would be exchanged due to exactly this reason, because it would take long to service and then they changed their mind and said because it was a sale watch it cannot be exchanged anymore, I said I can live with the lume mess up if the dust/particle has been removed.
Tudor Black Bay | C9 Moonphase | C65 Trident Auto | C9 5 Day Auto | Vulcain Aviator | C60 299 Signal Sqn | Seiko Turtle Blue Lagoon | Oris Aquis | Steinhart Ocean One Gnomon | Zelos Swordfish V2
Essex Paul
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2

Post by Essex Paul »

groovin wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 7:33 pm
peter160866 wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 1:59 pm A question that entered my head - why didn't they replace the face - overfill on marker not acceptable and I am very far from being OCD.
They basically said that replacing the face would take a normal service waiting period of several weeks/months can't remember exactly and after I was initially promised that the watch would be exchanged due to exactly this reason, because it would take long to service and then they changed their mind and said because it was a sale watch it cannot be exchanged anymore, I said I can live with the lume mess up if the dust/particle has been removed.
So very......... very poor. Sigh. :(
C1 Grand Malvern Power Reserve
C65 Trident Diver Blue
Mikkei4
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by Mikkei4 »

i don't understand what difference it should make it having been a sale watch.

There is a fault on the watch that is one of poor quality production and it's passed through quality control and been sold as a CW product. With it having a scratch, dust or particle under the glass also you'd think that somebody in charge at CW would decide "Mmmm, not 1 of our best so let's get it back so it can't be seen by potential customers and replace it asap so there's a positive end to this". But no.........
stefs
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 2

Post by stefs »

I feel for the op. Yet another crazy story. It is as if some of the employees have no understanding and no interest and possibly with the way that watch was sent out simply don’t give a ####!
There are some nice designs but I could never feel as if I could risk buying from them nowdays. At least the forumites that do still buy are going in with their eyes open and know there is a risk in the buying and ownership processes. I suppose there have always been a good number of qualty issues but we always had Wera who put things right for us.
Cheers now, Paul
DavecUK
Expert
Expert

Post by DavecUK »

groovin wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 7:33 pmThey basically said that replacing the face would take a normal service waiting period of several weeks/months can't remember exactly and after I was initially promised that the watch would be exchanged due to exactly this reason, because it would take long to service and then they changed their mind and said because it was a sale watch it cannot be exchanged anymore, I said I can live with the lume mess up if the dust/particle has been removed.
Just from experience over years and years, get the dial changed, that messy lume may not bother you now but for the rest of your ownership of that watch you will see it and now it's there. Seriously, reconsider send it in and get the dial changed out.
groovin
Senior
Senior

Post by groovin »

Thx for the feedback DavecUK but like the post describes in the end after the other issues with the humidity ingress and the ridiculous shipping I have received a replacement so all good in the end.
DavecUK
Expert
Expert

Post by DavecUK »

groovin wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 12:13 pm Thx for the feedback DavecUK but like the post describes in the end after the other issues with the humidity ingress and the ridiculous shipping I have received a replacement so all good in the end.
Excellent news, it all came good in the end :)
gatehealing
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 9

Post by gatehealing »

Pathetic that it took so much to get a replacement. I have owned as many as 14 CWL watches, but have sold all but 4 due to fears related to the continuing QA/CS issues. I certainly will not purchase any more until I can check back here and not see a continuing pattern of issues that persist even after Mike France’s assurance of changes. “Rolex of the Internet” my foot. They are nice watches, but with serious issues in QA/CS which casts doubt over how a customer will be treated should a problem arise. A watch banging around the clamshell is unacceptable under any circumstance.