Questions - Chat with Co Founders - London GTG / CW Event - 31st August 2019

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
ddav
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 6

Re: Questions - Chat with Co Founders - London GTG / CW Event - 31st August 2019

Post by ddav »

^ it is used my Meistersinger already, but at a higher cost in similar spec watches.
C600IPB 101, C7O cosc 009/300, C8 IPK 004 ,C11 Makaira Pro 006.
W11 Amelia , Emily Double Tour (The Wife)
Essex Paul
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2

Re: Questions - Chat with Co Founders - London GTG / CW Event - 31st August 2019

Post by Essex Paul »

H0rati0 wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 6:26 pm Customer service enhancement:

The big boys offer a "restore to new condition service" including many of their old models which supports their long term brand desirability strategy. Will CW offer such a service going forwards?
+1
Case polishing a big plus.
C1 Grand Malvern Power Reserve
C65 Trident Diver Blue
Andy-Smith
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 15

Post by Andy-Smith »

STodd wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2019 6:06 pm Any chance of bringing the Makaira back..?

Other ranges evolved, but it just vanished...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Great question, +1 from me.
welshlad
CW-watches: 27

Post by welshlad »

H0rati0 wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 6:26 pm Customer service enhancement:

The big boys offer a "restore to new condition service" including many of their old models which supports their long term brand desirability strategy. Will CW offer such a service going forwards?
+1. Good question.
Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future. - Niels Bohr
albionphoto
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 10

Post by albionphoto »

1. Please consider publishing service price guidelines so that we know what to expect. Other brands manage this and as an "internet only" brand it would be a useful way of communicating "future cost" expectations to customers.
2. Is there any way to come up with a contest to give away the lonely C60 SH 21 COSC that has become a regular feature of sales events?
If that fails can the marketing team find some way to turn it into a mascot for the brand. (I have an original one and it's rather sad to see one hanging about. Oh, the perils of a limited edition that wasn't that limited).
Mark
Bremont, Casio, Citizen, Christopher Ward, Chronotechna, Mido, Omega and Oris
what-time-is-it
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 1

Post by what-time-is-it »

I'm sure they have or had more than 1 White SH21 Trident that was in clearance. Wera offered me one at 50% off in April '17.
Current collection incl Citizen, G-Shock, Rolex, Seiko, Sinn & Tag.

Chris
Amor Vincit Omnia
CW-watches: 4

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

albionphoto wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 12:23 pm 1. Please consider publishing service price guidelines so that we know what to expect. Other brands manage this and as an "internet only" brand it would be a useful way of communicating "future cost" expectations to customers.
There may be another way to approach that question. People with long-term memories, please forgive me if I’m wrong and correct me, but I seem to remember that a few years ago they did advertise standard service costs on the website. So the question might well be – why did you stop doing it?
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
downer
CW-watches: 4

Post by downer »

Amor Vincit Omnia wrote:
albionphoto wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 12:23 pm 1. Please consider publishing service price guidelines so that we know what to expect. Other brands manage this and as an "internet only" brand it would be a useful way of communicating "future cost" expectations to customers.
There may be another way to approach that question. People with long-term memories, please forgive me if I’m wrong and correct me, but I seem to remember that a few years ago they did advertise standard service costs on the website. So the question might well be – why did you stop doing it?
Absolutely. In the past there was a service price menu on the website. Why did it disappear?
Richard
albionphoto
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by albionphoto »

Perhaps the question should be to reconsider including the service costs on the website again? I think it is a useful thing to have published. My memory needed jogging but it was available information in the past as Downer and AVO and it really should be again.
The internet being what it is, it may not stop all the noise but at least CW can claim that the information was available.
Mark
what-time-is-it
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 1

Post by what-time-is-it »

As CW are now pushing the envelope with design and price - will they commit to holding a sufficient level of parts for the foreseeable future, eg. spare cases, bezels etc that use unique parts on the higher value watches, such as those costing £2500+. So if something breaks or a watch is damaged something can be done to restore it back to or close to it's original state.
Current collection incl Citizen, G-Shock, Rolex, Seiko, Sinn & Tag.

Chris
jtc
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by jtc »

An example of a servicing price list from 3 and a bit years back:

http://web.archive.org/web/201603131318 ... icing.html
Jon

Trusted Seller Feedback

CW | Tudor | Tag Heuer | Omega | Longines | Bremont | Rolex
Essex Paul
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Essex Paul »

Why do CW no longer supply a report of repairs for warrantee work?
You used to?? :-k
C1 Grand Malvern Power Reserve
C65 Trident Diver Blue
albionphoto
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by albionphoto »

Will the sound be better this time? I'll miss the "chat" live this time and will have to catch up on youtube. Better sound please so that even if I cna't hear the words I can at least tell if someone is speaking.
Mark
Jcalder68
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 6

Post by Jcalder68 »

My question:
Are there any plans to fit an automatic, COSC certified, in-house movement to the smaller sized CW watches, ie models at 38mm?
I understand the SH21 is simply too big, but, to me, one of the stand-out positives of the CW lineup is the sub-40mm case size models, as well as the fact that CW can design and make their own in-house movements. It’s just a shame the two concepts don’t go together, yet.

C
CW Watches - Malvern, Dartmouth, Lympstone, Sandhurst, Elite 1000, c60 300 Quartz.
Recently started hand making most of the leather straps you’ll see on my watches, happy to consider bespoke order for forum members.
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

I'm planning to get a precis of the Answers to Questions that I asked, posted up this evening on this thread.

In the meantime Josh (@eggtronics) has posted up this article on his website, WIAA, with his notes from the Q & A.

Guy
In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England