FLE #8 - poll #2

Discuss Christopher Ward watches

Please check all that apply (See photos below)

I would buy #1 with……
10%
I would buy #2 with…..
10%
I would buy #3 with....
5%
Red tip sweep hand
10%
Red sweep hand
9%
Applied Device (twin flags)
12%
Exhibition case back clear
17%
Exhibition case back smoked
4%
Exhibition case back with device (twin flags) imprint
2%
I would buy in a 38mm size
5%
I would buy in a 42mm size
15%

Total votes: 277

steviebee155
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 6

Re: FLE #8 - poll #2

Post by steviebee155 »

Hi there - long term lurker - i have not voted for white dial.
As someone who wears reading glasses i require a very clear dial when glancing at a watch. Although much work has been done to enhance the hands with a black outline, I would have to see it in the flesh before committing, although realise this is unlikely.
I bought the last but one FLE based on the designs (that's when I realised i needed a bold display!).
Good luck with this. Many people have placed significant time and effort into getting us here - I hope the numbers stack up and you are rewarded.
All the best,
Stephen
C5 FLE 2015
C7 Rapide Chronograph MK I
C8 Pilot Mk II Vintage
C60 Trident GMT 600 42mm
C70 Rosso Corsa Chronometer
C1000 Typhoon FGR4 Ceramic - Cockpit Edition
C65 Trident Automatic
Andy-Smith
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 15

Post by Andy-Smith »

Bahnstormer_vRS wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:44 pm On the white dial version, which I've voted for with clear display case back, I still feel that to have the seconds hand with the red tip and lume pip surround in red would look good.

Might we get some input from CW designer/s on this?

Guy
Guy would it stop you buying it if the second hand was all red?

It would me because every time I look at it i would be wishing it was boulder, I love the CWELE and the two Black Bezel red second hand COSC units I recently bought in the CW sale.
baldrick
Senior
Senior

Post by baldrick »

I voted for #1. #2 is also good but the fully red second hand is just too much red. That said, I'm not too sure about having black hour and minute hands and then a silver (I think?) and red seconds hand...seems like quite a lot going on there.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

neiltallen
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 0

Post by neiltallen »

I would prefer the GMT hand to be all red, but #1 got my vote.
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

Andy-Smith wrote:
Bahnstormer_vRS wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:44 pm On the white dial version, which I've voted for with clear display case back, I still feel that to have the seconds hand with the red tip and lume pip surround in red would look good.

Might we get some input from CW designer/s on this?

Guy
Guy would it stop you buying it if the second hand was all red?

It would me because every time I look at it i would be wishing it was boulder, I love the CWELE and the two Black Bezel red second hand COSC units I recently bought in the CW sale.
It might well stop me if the seconds hand is all red, Andy. Without a GMT hand, no problem, but with a red GMT hand, to have an all red seconds hand will be too much.

Someone mentioned the possibility of a silver seconds hand with red tip looking at odds with the black edged hour & minutes and red / white GMT hand.

Perhaps, in the same way that the shaft of the GMT hand is intended to be white so that it floats, we could have the shaft of the seconds hand white as well.

The watch I am wearing today has a black dial with a red tipped, filled with white lume, black seconds hand and you just don't see the black shaft. Looks really good.

Guy

Sent from my Xperia XZ Premium using Tapatalk

In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
downer
CW-watches: 4

FLE #8 - poll #2

Post by downer »

I no longer have any skin in this game but if you are looking for inspiration concerning seconds hand colours, it may be worth looking at the Explorer II 16750. White dial, markers and hands outlined in black, red GMT accent - and a black seconds hand.

I realise the watch is different, but I think Rolex know a thing or two about long-lasting design.
Richard
timor54
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by timor54 »

^^ an all black second hand to match hour/min hands together with a ‘disappearing’ white stork to the GMT hand would look very nice in my opinion.

Presumptive, but could someone do a photoshop render of this please?
Tim
lisnalee
Guru
Guru

Post by lisnalee »

timor54 wrote:^^ an all black second hand to match hour/min hands together with a ‘disappearing’ white stork to the GMT hand would look very nice in my opinion.

Presumptive, but could someone do a photoshop render of this please?
I just posted one of it in the other thread.
C7 Rapide Day-Date COSC LE #10/100
C60 Trident Elite 1000 COSC LE #50/300
C1 Grand Malvern Small Second COSC
StrappedUp
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 0

Post by StrappedUp »

With base of GMT hand white ...

Ryan
Andy-Smith
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 15

Post by Andy-Smith »

I agree much better that a silver second hand.
groovin
Senior
Senior

Post by groovin »

Really like this last render as well.
Tudor Black Bay | C9 Moonphase | C65 Trident Auto | C9 5 Day Auto | Vulcain Aviator | C60 299 Signal Sqn | Seiko Turtle Blue Lagoon | Oris Aquis | Steinhart Ocean One Gnomon | Zelos Swordfish V2
groovin
Senior
Senior

Post by groovin »

Also with this black second hand would the tip in red look better than the renders we had with the silver one and red tip? Would add some balance with the red tip of the gmt hand and since often moving would have balanced splashes of red in different parts of the dial together with the gmt text as well.
Tudor Black Bay | C9 Moonphase | C65 Trident Auto | C9 5 Day Auto | Vulcain Aviator | C60 299 Signal Sqn | Seiko Turtle Blue Lagoon | Oris Aquis | Steinhart Ocean One Gnomon | Zelos Swordfish V2
lisnalee
Guru
Guru

Post by lisnalee »

groovin wrote:Also with this black second hand would the tip in red look better than the renders we had with the silver one and red tip? Would add some balance with the red tip of the gmt hand and since often moving would have balanced splashes of red in different parts of the dial together with the gmt text as well.
Have a look at the other thread I've done up some with red accents on the black second hand.
C7 Rapide Day-Date COSC LE #10/100
C60 Trident Elite 1000 COSC LE #50/300
C1 Grand Malvern Small Second COSC
TigerChris
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 1

Post by TigerChris »

I know I don't have any vested interest, but wouldn't it be better to get rid of Automatic altogether and replace it with Trident?
groovin
Senior
Senior

Post by groovin »

TigerChris wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:15 pm I know I don't have any vested interest, but wouldn't it be better to get rid of Automatic altogether and replace it with Trident?
Trident should definitely be cooler.