C60 Trident Pro 600 Issues

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
maniac_mike

C60 Trident Pro 600 Issues

Post by maniac_mike »

Hello everyone, first time poster here. I've been rocking a C60 Trident Pro 600 every single day for the past two years. I've been brutal to this thing and it has held up against the harshest of winters, scuba diving, sports and everything in between, it has never left my wrist.

With that being said, there are a few little issues that I think it's time to address. First, my bezel alignment is slightly off to the left. It's easy to miss but definitely there. I've attached a photo.

Secondly, my hour hand is slightly bent to the right. So the right side of the hour hand is closer to the dial then on the left side. You can even see a subtle crease on the hour hand in certain lighting.

On a Google search, I noticed that someone else had a similar issue with their bezel and when they sent it in, CW sent them a brand new watch. Is this how they will handle these issues? I most certainly would not want this watch replaced for sentimental reasons. Also, how long would you guys say on average it would take for me to get the watch back once they receive it? I'm thinking of just picking up a Seiko SKX to hold me off while my Trident is getting worked on. That is...if it will take a couple months. I live in the United States.
Bezel.jpg
Fat-Sam
Guru
Guru
CW-watches: 1

Re: C60 Trident Pro 600 Issues

Post by Fat-Sam »

I would imagine you can make a specific request and ask for just the hand and bezel to be fixed when you initially contact them and also with it being so long since purchase I'm guessing they would be less likely to replace the watch. I got a replacement but my watch was less than a fortnight old when I sent it back (very happy with my new one )
“Downsizing…”
JLC Reverso Duoface med.*gift
Omega Seamaster Deville 1961
DIY Watch Club Diver
DIY Explorer
Raymond Weil Toccata
SevenFriday P1/01
Longines x HODINKEE *FS
Laco Aachen 42 *FS
Tribus MDS *FS
neilj568
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 2

Post by neilj568 »

I wouldn't expect any goodwill given the age of the watch and I would guess you will be charged for any repairs and based on past threads you could be waiting for months

Post by maniac_mike »

I would be charged for the repairs? I thought these watches have a 60 month warranty period? The bezel and hour hand issues have been there since the day I received the watch from Christopher Ward, I just never felt like taking the time to send it in.
Mikkei4
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by Mikkei4 »

So you've had this watch for 2 years, wearing it every day, been brutal to it and you now want to address a few little issues ?

Unbelievable if you are for real !

Your Forum name suits the content of your first post.
maniac_mike

Post by maniac_mike »

Yes? Is that a problem or something? Maybe I didn't want to send my brand new watch away for another month or two the moment I received it and noticed it's small issues.

In fact, I was planning on having these issues corrected when I sent it in for servicing right before the end of my warranty date, which would be in 2022.
A1soknownas
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by A1soknownas »

The warranty covers the movement only.
If you had issues with the watch cosmetically it should have been returned on day one.

By accepting the watch you have accepted the issues you identify and they will not be covered under warranty as you cannot prove when they occurred in the last two years - in your own words " I've been brutal to this thing".

I'd expect to be charged and expect to wait a decent length of time to fix it, but as you have put up with the issues for 2 years it may not be worth correcting them now.
neilj568
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by neilj568 »

maniac_mike wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:03 pm In fact, I was planning on having these issues corrected when I sent it in for servicing right before the end of my warranty date, which would be in 2022.
You are perfectly at liberty to have these corrected at service just don't expect them to be done under warranty.

Post by maniac_mike »

Is it still worth asking Customer Service if they'll make the repairs?

Also, when do you think I should get this serviced, 5 years after I started wearing?
Essex Paul
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Essex Paul »

Hi, welcome to the forum.
Basically, you should’ve sent it back the second you noticed the anomalies. Not unusual for CW to ship watches with QC problems. It’s rife.
However, leaving it as long as you have you’ll have to pay for the realignment of the bezel and a new hour hand. If it’s running ok you won’t need a service.
CW recommenced about 4 years a service.
So doubt you’ll get a new watch but they’ll fix it for you.
Time? Well my watch went back after just two months and it came back after 8 weeks. So you could be lucky and get it back a little sooner but also could take longer. I’d say expect around the 2 month mark.

60 month guarantee only covers the movement.
Request a returns pack and fill in the form explaining the problems.

Good luck and let us know how you get on. :thumbup:
C1 Grand Malvern Power Reserve
C65 Trident Diver Blue
maniac_mike

Post by maniac_mike »

Cool! I honestly don't mind paying, like I said, this watch is practically a part of me.

Question, when CW services a watch, do they regulate it as well? The first year I had this watch, I was losing about 3 seconds a day. Now, it's about 12 seconds, I figured from the amount of wear and tare it gets.
maniac_mike

Post by maniac_mike »

One more question! Is it possible to get the watch to flip it's date the moment it hits midnight? That's something else I'd like to get fixed as well.
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

maniac_mike wrote:Cool! I honestly don't mind paying, like I said, this watch is practically a part of me.

Question, when CW services a watch, do they regulate it as well? The first year I had this watch, I was losing about 3 seconds a day. Now, it's about 12 seconds, I figured from the amount of wear and tare it gets.
As part of the service, CW will check that the timekeeping is within tolerance, -20/+20 sec per day for the C60.

If you would like them to regulate it to the best for your movement they will do so, but may charge.

The current drift you have, from -3 sec to -12 sec, I would put down, as you suggest, to wear and tear.
maniac_mike wrote:One more question! Is it possible to get the watch to flip it's date the moment it hits midnight? That's something else I'd like to get fixed as well.
You can always ask, but I advocate that as long as it is currently changing around midnight i.e. within a few minutes + or -, CW will likely advise it is within tolerance.

I've just checked, whilst setting the date / time to wear today, when the date flips over on one of my CW divers (C600 Tri-Tech but it uses the same movement, Sellita SW200-1, as the C60) and it flipped at about 3 minutes past midnight. That's fine in my book.

PS > different movements flip the date at different times (around midnight) and over different periods.

Guy

Sent from my Xperia XZ Premium using Tapatalk

In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
neilj568
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by neilj568 »

maniac_mike wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 1:55 am One more question! Is it possible to get the watch to flip it's date the moment it hits midnight? That's something else I'd like to get fixed as well.
Unless you stay up until midnight to specifically watch the date change I wouldn't worry too much about it.... :D
Senior
CW-watches: 15

Post by Andy-Smith »

One of the things you can do is check for magnetism via a simple compass.