Discuss Christopher Ward watches
what-time-is-it
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 1

Re: C8 Concorde - Born from dreams

Post by what-time-is-it »

Classic!

People in glass houses (or towers) shouldn't throw stones.
Current collection incl Citizen, G-Shock, Rolex, Seiko, Sinn & Tag.

Chris
mimmer
CW-watches: 3

Post by mimmer »

Hmm!
To that end then, as the movement has not been renewed, it has been repaired, are we going to see the watch being sold as 'new' for the full price or are we going to see it up for grabs in the clearance section with a nearly new % reduction or half price tag attached?
Whichever, I don't see it advertised on the site anywhere - anyone care to enlighten me?
Watches shouldn't only tell the time ... they should tell a story.
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

mimmer wrote:Hmm!
To that end then, as the movement has not been renewed, it has been repaired, are we going to see the watch being sold as 'new' for the full price or are we going to see it up for grabs in the clearance section with a nearly new % reduction or half price tag attached?
Whichever, I don't see it advertised on the site anywhere - anyone care to enlighten me?
The fact that Chris Ward has advertised it directly on Instagram is usually indicative that it will not be put on CW's website.

If you are interested in buying it, perhaps you would like to enquire direct to Chris Ward.

Guy

Sent from my Xperia XZ Premium using Tapatalk
In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
mimmer

Post by mimmer »

Ok, thanks for info, but not having an Instagram account now excludes me from being able to enquire.
So how does one now register interest.
Interested in buying ....
Bahnstormer_vRS

mimmer wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:08 pm Ok, thanks for info, but not having an Instagram account now excludes me from being able to enquire.
So how does one now register interest.
Interested in buying ....
Instagram post was by Chris Ward personally.

I'd start by phoning CW (customer service?) and ask to speak with Chris Ward, explaining what it is about.

Guy

Watch Buyer

Post by Watch Buyer »

It does sort of clarify the current situation, however not discussing warranty repairs is one thing, however this wasn't actually a warranty repair in my mind. It was delivered to me not working so was actually a manufacturing and QC issue, surely a warranty kicks in when someone has received something in good order which subsequently suffers a fault requiring rectification. Your total lack of willingness to discuss, and incidentally you never mentioned at any time your policy on not discussing repairs, was suspicious to me having initially agreed a repair strategy which wasn't carried out...again with no explanation.

I was quite pleased to receive communication from Chris Ward personally about this.... then subsequently disappointed he never actually followed up my reply to his request as to whether I was now satisfied with the response from the company, which clearly I wasn't.

So ultimately my decision to return for a refund was more around the unprofessional approach to a genuine problem from your customer services team than the repair which had been.... allegedly carried out. I lost my faith in the brand due to reluctance to engage with me on the matter, your customer services team ...except on a few occasions... never actually ever got back to me, I had to chase all the way.

I feel vindicated in this decision when it took 5 weeks and the threat of legal action to get the agreed refund.

So my point is simply that your response above paints you as a conscientious manufacturer who has been more than reasonable in offering a repair...again to a new timepiece of sub-standard manufacturing. I just want people to know that the customer was extremely reasonable and patient under the circumstances but really had no choice but to return the watch which he could have no faith in being a viable and quality item.

I would suggest a serious look at your customer services response to queries if you want to attract the more discerning watch buyer...
Bahnstormer_vRS

Watch Buyer wrote:It does sort of clarify the current situation, however not discussing warranty repairs is one thing, however this wasn't actually a warranty repair in my mind. It was delivered to me not working so was actually a manufacturing and QC issue, surely a warranty kicks in when someone has received something in good order which subsequently suffers a fault requiring rectification. Your total lack of willingness to discuss, and incidentally you never mentioned at any time your policy on not discussing repairs, was suspicious to me having initially agreed a repair strategy which wasn't carried out...again with no explanation.

I was quite pleased to receive communication from Chris Ward personally about this.... then subsequently disappointed he never actually followed up my reply to his request as to whether I was now satisfied with the response from the company, which clearly I wasn't.

So ultimately my decision to return for a refund was more around the unprofessional approach to a genuine problem from your customer services team than the repair which had been.... allegedly carried out. I lost my faith in the brand due to reluctance to engage with me on the matter, your customer services team ...except on a few occasions... never actually ever got back to me, I had to chase all the way.

I feel vindicated in this decision when it took 5 weeks and the threat of legal action to get the agreed refund.

So my point is simply that your response above paints you as a conscientious manufacturer who has been more than reasonable in offering a repair...again to a new timepiece of sub-standard manufacturing. I just want people to know that the customer was extremely reasonable and patient under the circumstances but really had no choice but to return the watch which he could have no faith in being a viable and quality item.

I would suggest a serious look at your customer services response to queries if you want to attract the more discerning watch buyer...
@Watch Buyer - Thank you for your post.

Have you copy / pasted an email or letter that you have written to CW, for the information of forum members?

I ask as your post appears to address a number of questions to CW that we here on the forum (which is operated independently from CW, and CW do not contribute to) will not therefore be able to answer.

Guy

Sent from my Xperia XZ Premium using Tapatalk

mimmer

Post by mimmer »

Hello Guy,
It all started with your comment: “CW have found one in Chris's Cupboard”.

You later went on to respond, ‘That you suspect that this watch wasn't found is Chris's Cupboard is perfectly correct, as that phrase was my 'Forum speak twist' on what Chris Ward wrote in his Instagram Post’.

It looks like @Watch Buyer has been trying to alert the next buyer of the Concorde C8 that it is not a ‘new watch’ and that there has been an issue with it in the past. You had quoted “Having been in contact with Chris Ward this afternoon, he has explained that your watch was faulty and repaired over the period April to June; but that you subsequently returned it for a refund. He has also made mention of the case being less than perfect”. So, we have an admission of sorts that the watch had / has an issue.

It seems that @Watch Buyer had been very patient and honest in his dealings with CW but has ultimately felt let down. The crux of the matter as I believe it, is the fact that it was the movement that was faulty and therefore should have been replaced with a new one – not have a repair carried out on a brand new, unworn watch and given back to the customer. This is a very lackadaisical approach by the CW CS dept made even worse by the fact that Chris had personally got involved and then never followed up. It would have cost nothing for CW to fit a new movement to the watch, it has now brought into question the CW boast – “What makes CW different in the watchmaking world … AN HONEST APPROACH”.
0uatiOW
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 4

Post by 0uatiOW »

^^^ These words sound like they are directed at CW the company and I t seems Watchbuyer is under the impression that Guy works for CW, which isn’t the case.

While Chris and members of the CW team do indeed read these posts, they don’t engage, which is perfectly understandable.

@Watchbuyer - if your intention is to go on the record with your points then you should send an email to Chris or what ever’s left of the CW Customer Services team. By posting it here, while the message may get through, it doesn’t formalise it as a complaint and you won’t get a response.
My name is 0uatiOW, but before you ask, no I don’t.
“Exquisitely minging” MissF, 19 July 2022
Just call me Diderot