Omega X-33 Skywalker

A place to discuss other watch-brands
McDaWisel
Expert
Expert
CW-watches: 1

Omega X-33 Skywalker

Post by McDaWisel »

After weeks of back and forth with Omega I finally put in an order for a new X-33. I was going to get one on the second hand market but realized that the screws on the back were made from steel, so after long conversations with Omega HQ they agreed to replace them with Titanium screws for me so that I don’t get a rash due to a nickel allergy.

Really surprised and happy they agreed to do that!

I went to the only AD in Dublin to have a look. They were nice enough to order one in for me so I could try it on. Loved it as much as I hoped!

They were rather confused when I pulled out the emails from Omega but promised they would make it happen. After a little push they offered a small discount and I paid the deposit.

I have no idea how long it will take to get the watch in, neither did the AD and Omega wouldn’t commit but said they would get it as fast as they can. They also mentioned that they will send a special letter with the watch that I need to hand in with my watch for any servicing - to make sure the screws don’t get replaced with steel versions...

I hope it will be ready for November for a special event that I have on!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
McDaWisel
Expert
Expert

Re: Omega X-33 Skywalker

Post by McDaWisel »

And forgot to ask my question. Does anyone one here have one? Or had one in the past?

H0rati0
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 4

Post by H0rati0 »

Wow, that certainly sounds like going the extra mile for the customer. Hope that all works out with no wrinkles.
"There is no beginning to enlightenment and no end to training" - Dogen Zenji (1200-1253)
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

McDaWisel wrote:And forgot to ask my question. Does anyone one here have one? Or had one in the past?

I believe @helicopterpat has one.

Guy

Sent from my Xperia XZ Premium using Tapatalk

In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
albionphoto
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 10

Post by albionphoto »

Looking forward to seeing pictures of the X-33. I nearly bought one this year but went for a Seamaster chrono instead. Great response from Omega regarding the titanium screws. Even with the letter I suspect mistakes may happen. Make sure you keep a copy of it.
Congratulations on buying the watch and making sure it meets you needs.
Mark
Bremont, Casio, Citizen, Christopher Ward, Chronotechna, Mido, Omega and Oris
SIB
Expert
Expert

Post by SIB »

I've had the "standard" one and the solar impulse LE. Cracking watches and I regret selling the standard version as it really is a do everything / one watch contender. I'm not sure if it's limited to the solar impulse version but the one I had plus another I seen had imperfections on the ceramic bezel, like they had been marked but it seemed to be from manufacturing. When you get yours, have a close look under sharp light and make sure the bezel is coloured uniformly
McDaWisel
Expert
Expert

Post by McDaWisel »

SIB wrote:I've had the "standard" one and the solar impulse LE. Cracking watches and I regret selling the standard version as it really is a do everything / one watch contender. I'm not sure if it's limited to the solar impulse version but the one I had plus another I seen had imperfections on the ceramic bezel, like they had been marked but it seemed to be from manufacturing. When you get yours, have a close look under sharp light and make sure the bezel is coloured uniformly
Yes indeed, seems to be a do everything kind of watch (other than anything related to water, but I have a Trident for that!)

I went with the standard version, I prefer the colors over those of the limited edition. Also the LE wasn’t available on the bracelet.

I will have a good look at the bezel when it comes in. Thank you for the heads-up.

helicopter pat
Junior
Junior
CW-watches: 11

Post by helicopter pat »

I purchased mine from the Old Bond Street Boutique in April, they did not realize that they had one in stock and not one member of staff had played with it. Its cracking watch which has functions that I am sure I will never use but it has real presence on the wrist. Make sure the correct user manual is supplied as I had the manual on my tablet so did not notice the mechanical movement manual had been included with the watch, the X33 one is unique to the watch and it was buried in the cupboard. I was also told that battery replacements are free during the 5 year warranty period and I got the first service included in the price which was worth more than the discount offered.
McDaWisel
Expert
Expert

Post by McDaWisel »

That’s great thank you! I’ll make sure I check the manual. How often do you need to replace the battery?
albionphoto
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 10

Post by albionphoto »

Battery life per Omega's website is 24 months. It could be more, or it could be less depending upon how much you use the alarm (I suppose).
Mark
Bremont, Casio, Citizen, Christopher Ward, Chronotechna, Mido, Omega and Oris
McDaWisel
Expert
Expert

Post by McDaWisel »

Thank you, I saw the 24 months indication on the website, but I was wondering if any owners can confirm is that’s accurate. But you’re right of course, it really is a silly question and will depend on use...
tikkathree
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by tikkathree »

McDaWisel wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2019 6:19 pm And forgot to ask my question. Does anyone one here have one? Or had one in the past?

Not the Skywalker but the earlier bog standard X-33. What can I say? It's a very different watch and you'll either love it or not. I hope you love it.
C60 MKI, MKII, MKIII: "some",
C6 & C60 Kingfishers,
C600 Tritechs,
C63 "some",
C65 "some",
C4, C40, C8, C9, C3, C5, C20 & 23FLE
Some other brands
tikkathree
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by tikkathree »

And now I can confirm accuracy as "relentless".

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

C60 MKI, MKII, MKIII: "some",
C6 & C60 Kingfishers,
C600 Tritechs,
C63 "some",
C65 "some",
C4, C40, C8, C9, C3, C5, C20 & 23FLE
Some other brands
McDaWisel
Expert
Expert

Post by McDaWisel »

Well thank you. I would expect it to be extremely accurate indeed.
McDaWisel
Expert
Expert

Post by McDaWisel »

Well that was quick. With custom Ti screws and all!