How did you first hear about Christopher Ward

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
djohnson29
CW-watches: 0

How did you first hear about Christopher Ward

Post by djohnson29 »

I'm from the US and had never heard of Christopher Ward until I was looking to replace my favorite watch I lost (https://torgoen.com/collections/best-se ... ther-strap). It's similar to the watch in the link provided, but it must have been an older version. I'm not impressed with the new look, and as any millennial would do I looked for a brand that was more direct to consumer. My search results led me to Christopher Ward and I'm looking forward to pulling the trigger on my first CW!

Two that I have my eye on (and admittedly I joined this forum because I'm interested to see what is available in the sales corner):

https://www.christopherward.co.uk/event ... new-a098ac
https://www.christopherward.co.uk/event ... new-9a7c2b

Definitely a fan of the brown leather band and chronograph face!
--

Dan
Mikkei4
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Re: How did you first hear about Christopher Ward

Post by Mikkei4 »

These are both in the Clearance sale currently at a good price and I'm not sure you'd get them cheaper in the Sales Corner.
djohnson29

Post by djohnson29 »

Finally got to five posts so I can officially look in the Sales Corner now haha! Thank you for the input Mikkei!
--

Dan
Commisar
Senior
Senior

Post by Commisar »

Heard about Christopher Ward on Reddit in a thread about really good microbrand watches for the money.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

albionphoto
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 10

Post by albionphoto »

Review of a CW watch in a car magazine. Either "Car" or "evo". As an old fart I still prefer paper magazines.
Mark
Bremont, Casio, Citizen, Christopher Ward, Chronotechna, Mido, Omega and Oris
Mikkei4
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Mikkei4 »

Copies of the Christopher Ward magazine, pre-name change to Loupe, were available in the reception area of our office in London.
Essex Paul
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2

Post by Essex Paul »

A lifestyle magazine, (can’t remember which one), knocking around my office. Was a full page advert then googled them.
C1 Grand Malvern Power Reserve
C65 Trident Diver Blue
H0rati0
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 4

Post by H0rati0 »

I was looking for a dive watch and came across the Trident somewhere, so went to check out the CW web site. I ran across the C8PR - almost exactly the Pilot watch I had been coveting for years (altimeter date, sub seconds and power reserve display - a unique combination as AFAIK) and marked it down for a later date, after all I was looking for a diver. Jumped across to ebay to check out SH Tridents (I rarely buy new watches) and unbelievably there was an unmarked C8PR just finishing at a steal so snapped it up as my introductory offer and have been delighted with it. I have acquired two more CWs since including a red bezel/white dial Trident. All good.
"There is no beginning to enlightenment and no end to training" - Dogen Zenji (1200-1253)
Amor Vincit Omnia

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

Back in 2008 I was looking to buy a nice watch for my goddaughter’s 18th birthday. I didn’t like any of the things I saw in the shops so I googled English Watches and CW was one of the first hits that came up. The rest, as they say…
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
Clach77
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 24
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes

Post by Clach77 »

When we got married in 2008 my new wife gave me money to buy a watch. I asked about watches on the Lotus Seven Club forum and was pointed to Christopher Ward.

Buying one watch became very expensive.... :lol:
Trying not to buy any more watches...
Amor Vincit Omnia

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

Clach77 wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 6:53 pm Buying one watch became very expensive.... :lol:
I think that is a fairly common if not ubiquitous experience, Alex.
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
biggus_richus
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 5

Post by biggus_richus »

Last year, Facebook learnt that I had more than a passing interest in watches, and started tailoring the sponsored posts that appeared in my feed. Then a post: some friend likes Christopher Ward, promoting the C65 diver, and that’s it, I was reeled in...
Rich.

Breitling | CW | Farer | Formex | Garmin | Marloe | Ming | Omega | Oris | Seiko | Studio Underd0g | Tag Heuer | Timex
Bounce
Guru
Guru
CW-watches: 2

Post by Bounce »

First off welcome to the forum.
A number of years ago I was looking for what I call a gardening watch ( a watch that looks good, is robust & can take a bit of water) & I came across CW in a magazine advert.
I liked what I saw bought one, then I added another, sold them & bought another couple, repeated this a few times until I just had one.
They are very good value for money.
Panerai Luminor GMT.
Omega Speedmaster Professional.
Tudor Pepsi GMT.
Tudor Harrods BB
Bremont ALT1 World Timer
C60 Trident MK3 GMT.
C60 Trident MK3 Tide.
angusbon
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by angusbon »

My brother suggested them to me. My family then bought me a trident for my 50th, and he then informed me of the forum and CWE Facebook page.
Had 9 CW watches in just over a year, and probably more importantly met some great people, Richard and Ferg being very helpful in particular

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Thegreyman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 6

Post by Thegreyman »

I already had some passing interest in watches and owned about 4 when I saw a CW in one of the watch features in Top Gear magazine in early 2016. This lead me to find and join the forum.

As others have said, that has become quite an expensive twist of fate having subsequently bought (I just counted) another 43 watches since then, 22 of them being CW's as I worked my way through a lot of the back catalogue. Of course the majority of the watches have been flipped along the way to fund others.
Patrick

C60 Pro 300, C60 Sunrise, C63 Sealander Lucerne blue LE, C65 Dartmouth, W11 Amelia (wife), C63 Sealander (son)

Some others + a few on the way