Anyone else daydream about a bespoke CW?

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
jkbarnes
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Anyone else daydream about a bespoke CW?

Post by jkbarnes »

As I read through the thread about the proposed FLE, I can’t help but think about what I would do if I were to commission my own run of bespoke CW watches. Has anyone else every day dreamed about commissioning a small run of watches to pass out to friends and family if the funds were magically available? Or am I the only weirdo who’s done that?

And if there are a few fellow weirdos, what would you do?

At the moment, my bespoke CW would actually be fairly simple - the 38mm C60 Trident 600 Mk3 as a base (case, movement, bezel, hands), the wave dial of the C60 300 (upgraded lume of course!), and with the dial and bezel in a really dark, midnight blue. Then perhaps some fancy engraving on the back, befitting a bespoke watch given away to my friends. And I suppose I’d come up with some kind of personal device to decorate the void at 12 o’clock and mark this as a custom job.

Oh, and I’d get rid of the date function. I can’t read it anyway...
Drew
McDaWisel
Expert
Expert
CW-watches: 1

Re: Anyone else daydream about a bespoke CW?

Post by McDaWisel »

A C65 Coke (red and black as opposed to blue and black) GMT in Titanium with bracelet so I can wear it with my nickel allergy :-)
Mikkei4
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by Mikkei4 »

As long as I didn't have to have the 9o'clock name!

When I win the lottery I will test CW's resolve and let you know. But then if I could afford 25 to 50 x £1000+ and still have to wait for 6 - 12 months for the product to arrive would I really bother?

No I'd probably try to buy 10 x Explorer 1 and have less friends. :)
Essex Paul
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2

Post by Essex Paul »

Mikkei4 wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 10:44 pm As long as I didn't have to have the 9o'clock name!

When I win the lottery I will test CW's resolve and let you know. But then if I could afford 25 to 50 x £1000+ and still have to wait for 6 - 12 months for the product to arrive would I really bother?

If I won the lottery I’d commission an Explorer type dial with Christopher Ward at 12....... and “Mikkei4” at 9 o’clock. :lol:
C1 Grand Malvern Power Reserve
C65 Trident Diver Blue
Squalus
Expert
Expert
CW-watches: 6

Post by Squalus »

I've toyed with the idea of a bespoke C60. It would have the standard brushed and polished facets, a green bezel, transparent dial, and gold hands and indexes with white lume.

All it will ever be is an idea.
neilj568
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by neilj568 »

No
CW-watches: 4

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

neilj568 wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 6:46 amNo
Hmmm...agreed.

The thought of attending something like a party, a barbecue, a wedding or maybe even a funeral where a whole bunch of people were wearing the same watch. For me, no no no!

But then, I would feel entirely the same way about wearing a corporate commission.
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
biggus_richus
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 5

Post by biggus_richus »

Amor Vincit Omnia wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 6:57 am
The thought of attending something like a party, a barbecue, a wedding or maybe even a funeral where a whole bunch of people were wearing the same watch. For me, no no no!
I swear this happens already where it seems everyone is wearing an Apple watch...
Rich.

Breitling | CW | Farer | Formex | Garmin | Marloe | Ming | Omega | Oris | Seiko | Studio Underd0g | Tag Heuer | Timex
Mikkei4
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by Mikkei4 »

Essex Paul wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 12:25 am
Mikkei4 wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 10:44 pm As long as I didn't have to have the 9o'clock name!

If I won the lottery I’d commission an Explorer type dial with Christopher Ward at 12....... and “Mikkei4” at 9 o’clock. :lol:
:lol: :lol:
Now you really are taking the "mick".
I'll have no.4 please when you get it done.
Could I have my full name and surname on 2 lines left hand justified please though as it would then be as assymetrical and disruptive as "Christopher Ward".
stefs
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by stefs »

not exactly daydreaming about it but a c65 vintage mkii with a lumed 3 6 9 would be good looker. Maybe throw in a sunburst blue dial option and bob's your muvvas bruvva etc.
Cheers now, Paul
2otto2

Post by 2otto2 »

yes.
c65 diver type with/less than 40mm diameter, slimmer case, 20mm lugwidth and smaller numbers
unidirectional bezel

and of course getting rid of that ugly wordlogo...
Jcalder68
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 6

Post by Jcalder68 »

I’ve had one design rattling about in my head for a while...
Bronze Trident C60 600 case (MKII type) with the matte black dial, hands and bezel insert from the C60 600 Vintage version. Bezel edge would have to be stainless, but that would still look great. 38mm size for me of course.
I did approach CW about this idea a while back. They were not interested in a one-off so it would have to be a run of 50 or more. Perhaps as another FLE at some point?

C
CW Watches - Malvern, Dartmouth, Lympstone, Sandhurst, Elite 1000, c60 300 Quartz.
Recently started hand making most of the leather straps you’ll see on my watches, happy to consider bespoke order for forum members.
Essex Paul
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Essex Paul »

Mikkei4 wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 8:49 am
Essex Paul wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 12:25 am

:lol: :lol:
Now you really are taking the "mick".
I'll have no.4 please when you get it done.
Could I have my full name and surname on 2 lines left hand justified please though as it would then be as assymetrical and disruptive as "Christopher Ward".
:lol: I’ll let you know when my numbers come up then you can submit your dial plans to me. :lol:
C1 Grand Malvern Power Reserve
C65 Trident Diver Blue