Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 24
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes

Re: Summer Sale 2019

Post by Clach77 »

I still think that the limited edition SH21 C60 COSC on a black hybrid strap looks like a fantastic watch at a great price. Even though I’ve already got one (on brown leather), at 50% off I’d be tempted to buy a second. :silent:
Trying not to buy any more watches...
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

Mikkei4 wrote:The day/date Trident COSC doesn't give any "Description" or "Technical Specifications" when viewing to buy. I like the look of this but IIRC it's quite a thick watch.
This one? 13.7mm height.

Guy

Sent from my Xperia XZ Premium using Tapatalk

In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
TheBeatles
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 6

Post by TheBeatles »

TheBeatles wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 8:37 am
Mikkei4 wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 8:22 am The day/date Trident COSC doesn't give any "Description" or "Technical Specifications" when viewing to buy. I like the look of this but IIRC it's quite a thick watch.
I’m very tempted by this one too, but the lack of description etc is setting off my warning bells for some reason.

By the way! I didn’t have any problems yesterday accessing sales site. I got in every time I went to have a look. Same this morning, no problems.
Problem solved, it’s gone.
Basically, I'm for anything that gets you through the night. Be it prayer, tranquilizers or a bottle of Jack Daniels, Frank Sinatra

All You Need Is Love, The Beatles

Too much of anything is bad. But too much of good whiskey is barely enough, Mark Twain
Clach77
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 24
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes

Post by Clach77 »

Some new watches being added today.
Trying not to buy any more watches...
golfjunky
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by golfjunky »

shame that C60 COSC is 15.5mm high :-(
Current collection = Omega Seamaster 2225.80.00, Omega Speedmaster 'Moonphase' 3576.50.00, Breitling Aerospace Evo, Vintage Azur, Vintage Seiko Sprtsman, Grand Seiko SBGX059, Omega SMP NTTD 210.92.42.20.01.001, Casioak Milkyway, Casioak Tiffany Sky.
Mikkei4
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by Mikkei4 »

TheBeatles wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 11:16 am
TheBeatles wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 8:37 am
Mikkei4 wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 8:22 am The day/date Trident COSC doesn't give any "Description" or "Technical Specifications" when viewing to buy. I like the look of this but IIRC it's quite a thick watch.
I’m very tempted by this one too, but the lack of description etc is setting off my warning bells for some reason.

By the way! I didn’t have any problems yesterday accessing sales site. I got in every time I went to have a look. Same this morning, no problems.
Problem solved, it’s gone.
:lol:
It wasn't as thick as I seemed to remember/think and IMO probably 1 of the more balanced dials.
Kingsley

Post by Kingsley »

Hey everyone. Perhaps not summer sale related, but does anyone know if there are any active discount codes? I'll be buying off of the US site if that makes a difference. Cheers.
lisnalee
Guru
Guru
CW-watches: 4

Post by lisnalee »

Kingsley wrote:Hey everyone. Perhaps not summer sale related, but does anyone know if there are any active discount codes? I'll be buying off of the US site if that makes a difference. Cheers.
Dont think there are any codes available ATM. Probably be another one at the end of the summer.

I've bit the bullet and bought the C7 COSC LE in the sale. Been debating over it since it's been released 2 yrs ago. Always ended up buying something else instead and put it on the back burner. Looking forward to getting it finally.

I'll have to source the blue/orange striped high density webbing strap for it, doesn't seem to be on the website anymore unfortunately. Goes a lot better with it than the black strap it's arriving on I reckon.

The wife will be amused when it arrives next week after the C1 small seconds arrived last week lol
C7 Rapide Day-Date COSC LE #10/100
C60 Trident Elite 1000 COSC LE #50/300
C1 Grand Malvern Small Second COSC
what-time-is-it
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 1

Post by what-time-is-it »

Another order screw up! I think that's me done with these guys for the foreseeable future.
Too many second chances and every time I've ordered something in 2019 something has gone wrong.

Was offered 15% off something else to compensate!
Current collection incl Citizen, G-Shock, Rolex, Seiko, Sinn & Tag.

Chris
Essex Paul
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2

Post by Essex Paul »

what-time-is-it wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 6:00 pm Another order screw up! I think that's me done with these guys for the foreseeable future.
Too many second chances and every time I've ordered something in 2019 something has gone wrong.

Was offered 15% off something else to compensate!
Oh FFS. Sorry to hear.
I'm going to CW Towers next week to pick up a C65 Trident, at least it'll cut out the on-line order processing part.
Saying that I'm worried stiff that if I need to send it back for any reason CS and QC will screw up again.

It's their second chance with me. God willing I wont need a reason to send it back in. If there is, I'll just go there in person and demand a refund. Been stung once. Not again.
:?
C1 Grand Malvern Power Reserve
C65 Trident Diver Blue
what-time-is-it
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Just looking back at my orders for this year:

January - missing documentation, including another customers receipt with the watch
January - mistake on the website price, order cancelled by CW
March - incorrect manual arrived for Trident SH21 - took a fortnight to resolve
March - poorly made Trident Ombre received and returned
July - purchased a watch and straps in the sale, straps sent, watch was missed off the order
July - purchased another bronze, but was incorrectly advertised/described on the website and CW appear to have failed to post out

I'll stay on the forum, but Mike, Chris & Peter your service is nothing short of abysmal and you have lost a customer.

Chris
Mikkei4
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by Mikkei4 »

It's purely a Clearance now but I've just missed out for the 3rd time trying to buy the blue dialled Trident Mk2, each time getting to the checkout only to be told it's out of stock.

Expletive!
what-time-is-it
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Mikkei4 wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 2:31 pm It's purely a Clearance now but I've just missed out for the 3rd time trying to buy the blue dialled Trident Mk2, each time getting to the checkout only to be told it's out of stock.

Expletive!
I wouldn't fret too much, they've just advertised the watch that only this morning they told me they didn't have!
A total shambles.

Chris
biggus_richus
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 5

Post by biggus_richus »

biggus_richus wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 11:01 am
biggus_richus wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 9:47 am
biggus_richus wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:16 am

Yes, I emailed customer services straight away, replying to the order confirmation. No response as of almost 24 hours later...
Finally got a reply at 23:20 last night, so the hours are being put in.

However, it was a request for images of the strap I received. Like they make any difference. I guess I now wait another three days for the next step.
It gets better.

Another reply after hours on Friday to inform me a returns pack is being sent out.

It's just arrived to my work address. Addressed to the wrong person. My former colleague is a past customer and just IM'd me asking me to find out what it is he's expected to return. ](*,)
The culmination of this is an email today stating that they have no C11 bracelets in stock and I have been refunded. Not even as much as an apology.

And the C11 bracelet is still listed in the clearance section.
Rich.

Breitling | CW | Farer | Formex | Garmin | Marloe | Ming | Omega | Oris | Seiko | Studio Underd0g | Tag Heuer | Timex
thumperstain
CW-watches: 7

Post by thumperstain »

Clach77 wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 8:39 am I still think that the limited edition SH21 C60 COSC on a black hybrid strap looks like a fantastic watch at a great price. Even though I’ve already got one (on brown leather), at 50% off I’d be tempted to buy a second. :silent:
They slipped a few on the SS band into the NN 50% off sale category.