Trident MKII Automatic

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
Ringwood

Trident MKII Automatic

Post by Ringwood »

I must confess that I've wanted one of these for ages but something else has always come up that required the money. Now they all seem to be gone and replaced by the MKIII. I'm sure its a fine watch but the change of hands and flat rather than textured dial seems to be a questionable decision, the new hands in particular lacking some aesthetic quality.

What sort of price range do used MKI or MKII automatics go for? Certina have a nice offering with their Retro DS at a relatively low price if good Trident MKI/II's are difficult to come by or expensive.

No criticism of the MKIII intended if you like it then you like it, watches are a matter of taste, I simply preferred the earlier version.
Thegreyman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 6

Re: Trident MKII Automatic

Post by Thegreyman »

You will find plenty of mk2’s on eBay and to a slightly lesser extent mk1’s. They mainly will be in the £350-£500 price range depending on age and model, a bit more for GMT’s and other limited editions.

One of the rarest mk1’s the Scooter Blue 1 of an LE of 50 is for sale in sales corner at the moment, I can’t recall how many posts you need to view that but you could look there once you’ve got to that level.
Patrick

C60 Pro 300, C60 Sunrise, C63 Sealander Lucerne blue LE, C65 Dartmouth, W11 Amelia (wife), C63 Sealander (son)

Some others + a few on the way
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

That's about spot on Patrick although I'll add that MkI Tridents do sometimes appear in the £280 - £325 range.

Prices are for Automatic versions, quartz movement ones will be lower.

Sales Corner access for buyers is a mere five post, so @ringwood will be there very soon.

Happy hunting.

Guy

Sent from my Xperia XZ Premium using Tapatalk

In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
Ringwood

Post by Ringwood »

Thegreyman wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 2:10 pm You will find plenty of mk2’s on eBay and to a slightly lesser extent mk1’s. They mainly will be in the £350-£500 price range depending on age and model, a bit more for GMT’s and other limited editions.

One of the rarest mk1’s the Scooter Blue 1 of an LE of 50 is for sale in sales corner at the moment, I can’t recall how many posts you need to view that but you could look there once you’ve got to that level.

Thanks.
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

@Ringwood - there are a couple of MkII Tridents in the CW Summer Sale @ 40% off.

There's a standard black/black and an attractive black/red, both @ £396, along with a couple of more expensive White dial SH21 powered LEs.

These will be new and end of line pieces.

Worth a look if you haven't seen them already.

Guy
In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
Ringwood

Post by Ringwood »

Thank you I hadn't seen them :D
Bahnstormer_vRS wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 1:38 pm @Ringwood - there are a couple of MkII Tridents in the CW Summer Sale @ 40% off.

There's a standard black/black and an attractive black/red, both @ £396, along with a couple of more expensive White dial SH21 powered LEs.

These will be new and end of line pieces.

Worth a look if you haven't seen them already.

Guy