Lawrence
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 20

Re: CW C1 Moonglow

Post by Lawrence »

Like it.

Well done CW
Omega Speedmaster, Bulova Accutron Gemini, Tudor Black Bay Heritage Maroon & Black, C65 Trident Bronze SH21 LE, C65 Trident Black, C65 Trident Diver SH21, C65 Trident Ombre LE, Longines HydroConquest beautiful AF and better than C60 300
Squalus
Expert
Expert
CW-watches: 6

Post by Squalus »

I really like this watch. I like that it has design cues from the C8 UTC. I really like the method for date indication; especially with the lume active. The back looks also looks great. This watch approaches consideration territory.
nauf
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 7

Post by nauf »

Love this one. So original. Not an homage. Hopefully CW will introduce another version with 5-day power reserve, then the perpetual calendar up to 128 years will be meaningful.
PaulJS
Forumgod
Forumgod
CW-watches: 6

Post by PaulJS »

For me this is an interesting and original design that appeals more than the existing Moon phase model.

However, ( and putting aside all other issues that are currently at the fore ) at this price point there really need to be a properly integrated bracelet options included in the base price.

The strap is ok but the straight bar fitting of the mesh bracelet makes it look like a cheap afterthought to my eyes.

I do not understand why CW have moved away from bespoke bracelets for dress models at the same time as pitching into higher price brackets, it really makes no sense to me.

Paul
The older I get the better I used to be

Trident Pro White / Blue
C4
Omega Speedmaster II LE
Omega Speedmaster II original-ish
Trident Pro Black/Blue
C70 VW4
C65 LE
C7 MK 1
Scurfa Diver One

Steinhart Ocean One 39
Astropin

Post by Astropin »

I just created an account so I could post in this thread. I love this watch! It's been a couple of years since I bought a new watch and honestly had no plans to do so...then I saw this. Preordered! I've never owned a moon watch but I've always been interested in them...just not enough to pull the trigger, until now. Funny how many of the posts here do not match the enthusiasm of the reviews...well I'm with the reviewers.
Amor Vincit Omnia
CW-watches: 4

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

Astropin wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 5:38 pm I just created an account so I could post in this thread. I love this watch! It's been a couple of years since I bought a new watch and honestly had no plans to do so...then I saw this. Preordered! I've never owned a moon watch but I've always been interested in them...just not enough to pull the trigger, until now. Funny how many of the posts here do not match the enthusiasm of the reviews...well I'm with the reviewers.
First of all, congratulations!

To address your last sentence, I’m not so sure that the reception is lukewarm. Personally I think it looks absolutely sensational. However, I think there are a number of us who have been around the forum and collecting watches for a long time who are tending to look very carefully before making any new purchases. I am one of the people who are thinking about downsizing rather than increasing the collection.

I used to be into the idea of beautiful dressy watches with complications, but I am coming around to the view that I prefer something a bit more practical. I am also seeking fewer opportunities to wear, shall we say, dressier clothes and go to the occasions that demand them. I have a couple of lovely watches that I tend to pick out if I have to wear something smart, and I do not feel I could justify the outlay for something that will probably spend the vast majority of its time in a box while I actually wear the practical stuff. That’s a bit of a volte-face in terms of thinking for me, but at present I am more inclined to take the £1700 and spend it on holiday.

But it’s still a beautiful watch. Well done for pre-ordering.
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
MiniMpi
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 17

Post by MiniMpi »

Astropin wrote:I just created an account so I could post in this thread. I love this watch! It's been a couple of years since I bought a new watch and honestly had no plans to do so...then I saw this. Preordered! I've never owned a moon watch but I've always been interested in them...just not enough to pull the trigger, until now. Funny how many of the posts here do not match the enthusiasm of the reviews...well I'm with the reviewers.
Congratulations !
Looking forward to to hearing what you think of it when it arrives.
snoopsta

Post by snoopsta »

I love it!!!

Kudos to CW for such a beautiful and Intriguing peice. Wasn't in the market for a new watch but this certainly caught my attention.
Astropin

Post by Astropin »

Amor Vincit Omnia wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 8:10 pm
Astropin wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 5:38 pm I just created an account so I could post in this thread. I love this watch! It's been a couple of years since I bought a new watch and honestly had no plans to do so...then I saw this. Preordered! I've never owned a moon watch but I've always been interested in them...just not enough to pull the trigger, until now. Funny how many of the posts here do not match the enthusiasm of the reviews...well I'm with the reviewers.
First of all, congratulations!

To address your last sentence, I’m not so sure that the reception is lukewarm. Personally I think it looks absolutely sensational. However, I think there are a number of us who have been around the forum and collecting watches for a long time who are tending to look very carefully before making any new purchases. I am one of the people who are thinking about downsizing rather than increasing the collection.

I used to be into the idea of beautiful dressy watches with complications, but I am coming around to the view that I prefer something a bit more practical. I am also seeking fewer opportunities to wear, shall we say, dressier clothes and go to the occasions that demand them. I have a couple of lovely watches that I tend to pick out if I have to wear something smart, and I do not feel I could justify the outlay for something that will probably spend the vast majority of its time in a box while I actually wear the practical stuff. That’s a bit of a volte-face in terms of thinking for me, but at present I am more inclined to take the £1700 and spend it on holiday.

But it’s still a beautiful watch. Well done for pre-ordering.
I here you. Although it's placed in their "dress watch" category the Moonglow (to me) looks like it could be worn very casually as well. I can picture this watch with a pair of jeans and a polo and it would fit right in. I plan to wear it a lot.
Wis
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 1

Post by Wis »

Beautiful moon complication! Well done CW. Seems to me it could easily be worn with casual wear such as jeans.
I agree the price is somewhat steep, but you do get a spectacular moon phase.
Looking forward to some live pictures and a user review.
Bjørn
Granarg

Post by Granarg »

love the execution of this moonphase complication, I think it's a pointless complication but I might add one to the collection eventually
wtlau

Post by wtlau »

Anyone know when the first orders for the moonglow will be shipped?
Astropin

Post by Astropin »

Mine showed up yesterday and I absolutely love it! I think it looks even better in person.
20190802_132634.jpg
20190803_145113.jpg
20190803_145957.jpg
20190802_131539.jpg
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 150
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Post by Kip »

^^^^Your photos are not showing. :(

Please see here for how to load photos.
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
Astropin

Post by Astropin »

Kip wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 11:10 am ^^^^Your photos are not showing. :(

Please see here for how to load photos.
How do I edit my post?