Bad experience with Christopher ward watch and it's customer services

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
Mikkei4
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Re: Bad experience with Christopher ward watch and it's customer services

Post by Mikkei4 »

Kip wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 1:18 am I think they got the message already. I think the new posters chiming in is enough to remind them they have a problem.

Most of the issues we are hearing about recently took place over the past 6 months. Mike issued his statement just over 2 weeks ago. Give it a rest and give them some time. They are working on it.
Why would CW need reminding they have a problem? Did they all forget?
H0rati0
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 4

Post by H0rati0 »

Mikkei4 wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 8:34 am
These issues haven't stopped people hoovering up the Summer Sale watches !
Too true, I didn't get a look in!

That poor unloved SH21 Trident COSC is still looking for a home though.
"There is no beginning to enlightenment and no end to training" - Dogen Zenji (1200-1253)
timor54
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by timor54 »

Essex Paul wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 10:24 pm Don't worry all. Mike France's big CS and QC overhaul will kick in soon! :-k
My impression, and personally I’ve had no problems, is that they appear to have some quality issues with the newer releases; and are currently under resourced to handle the returns and regular service workload.

From a quality/reliability perspective the old stock being cleared out in the sale are probably the best buys at present.
Tim
Bungle-ator
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by Bungle-ator »

Essex Paul wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:39 pm
Bungle-ator wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 7:35 pm ^^^^this doesn't sound like an overly excessive time for the watch to be away. I agree with everything else though.
I disagree. 3 1/2 months is way too long, and for a quartz service? :shock:
I'd expect any watch to be away for 3 months no matter what the work. Only because I'd expect it just to fall in line with everything else.
what-time-is-it
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 1

Post by what-time-is-it »

When I spoke with Oris a few months ago, turnaround time was approx. 4 weeks.
Current collection incl Citizen, G-Shock, Rolex, Seiko, Sinn & Tag.

Chris
Essex Paul
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2

Post by Essex Paul »

Essex Paul wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 10:24 pm Don't worry all. Mike France's big CS and QC overhaul will kick in soon! :-k
True Mikkei and at very good prices too!
Hopefully they won't have to send them back for any reason! :D

Kip,
Will "give it a rest", but as with a few people here will wait till things improve before I buy again. I really hope they do as I love their watches but can only wait so long as I'm already looking at other brands, namely Oris and Marloe to name but a few. I feel others will follow if the improvements are too slow. The money in my pocket will only stay there for so long and part of any purchase will take into account the aftersales service too.

:thumbup:
C1 Grand Malvern Power Reserve
C65 Trident Diver Blue
timor54
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by timor54 »

Essex Paul wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 12:04 pm ...

Kip,
Will "give it a rest", but as with a few people here will wait till things improve before I buy again. I really hope they do as I love their watches but can only wait so long as I'm already looking at other brands, namely Oris and Marloe to name but a few. I feel others will follow if the improvements are too slow. The money in my pocket will only stay there for so long and part of any purchase will take into account the aftersales service too.

Totally agree. I really like the moonglow and would have bought it, but won’t risk it at present.

I’m back in the hunt now for a Tudor BB58 instead which will empty my watch purse for the foreseeable future.
Tim
Bungle-ator
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by Bungle-ator »

Essex Paul wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 12:04 pm
True Mikkei and at very good prices too!
Hopefully they won't have to send them back for any reason! :D

Kip,

Absolutely. I only judge companies on how they deal with problems. It's the only true measure we've got.

The start of my repair was spot on, with the next part being topsy turvy to say the least and I'll judge them properly when I've got my watch back and the process is complete.

They're going to have to nail the rest of the process for me to even consider buying another CW again. There are lots of options in the price bracket to choose from.

As it stands I'll probably be keeping my cash for a speedy or a seamaster. I've got a couple of others with half an eye on if I fancy something cheaper.
shaw

Post by shaw »

UPDATE
Just got refund.
So glad it's finally ended.
Thank you everyone.
Essex Paul
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Essex Paul »

shaw wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 2:35 pm UPDATE
Just got refund.
So glad it's finally ended.
Thank you everyone.
C65 Trident Diver Blue
FullFat
Junior
Junior

Post by FullFat »

Just got off the phone with customer services again! They have had my C7 for a battery change for 7 weeks now. I was told 3 weeks ago it was in despatch, then 2 weeks ago apologies the sale has everything busy then today "it's with the technicians, there was a delay creating the invoice"! It should be back with me by the end of next week. I politely asked them to guarantee it would be back with me by Wednesday and if they cannot do that to simply stop the replacement of the battery and send it back to me today and I'll go elsewhere for it to be done.

The lady in CS was very polite and shocked, she's gone off to chase it up and either her or the manager will be calling me back today.
Mikkei4
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by Mikkei4 »

I just don't understand the continuing "...there was a problem creating the invoice" being used as a reason/excuse for extended delays and does it really need a "technician" to produce it?!

If the system isn't quick enough then do it on Word or write it up.
FullFat
Junior
Junior

Post by FullFat »

They've called me back and will be replacing the battery for free and have guaranteed the techs will be doing this on Monday. So it *should* be in the post and here by Tuesday! Fingers Crossed!
Essex Paul
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Essex Paul »

Gotta be a record?
7 weeks for a battery change?
Took 3 days to have a “technician” at a jewellers to do the wife’s battery change. :lol:
Wonder why they’re not taking on staff?
:shock:
C65 Trident Diver Blue
Macdaz
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 14

Post by Macdaz »

I get my Omega battery changed, pressure tested and guaranteed for three years in half an hour for fifty quid. I think my guy is both undercharging and over performing!
SMP|Victorinox Groundforce|Mako/XL|Steinhart OVM|Smiths Everest|C60 Trident 600|C8 Pilot Mk2|Vostok 1965|C8 Flyer Mk1|Seiko Monster|C7 Rapide|Steinhart Aviation|C65 GMT|C9 AMGTLE|C60 Bronze|C8 Al Deere|C65 SC|C63 GMT|C65 Chrono|C63 Auto|C65 Dune|2023 FLE