repair info

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
bpeatman

Re: repair info

Post by bpeatman »

Well an update I have asked about the status of my repair several times for the past three weeks with no response. Seeing others frustrated with a)quality of the watches and b) responsiveness of the company are concerning.
Galton321
Forumgod
Forumgod
CW-watches: 14
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes

Post by Galton321 »

I've got my C65 in for repair having broken the crown. They told me 6-8 weeks so no point asking for a status report after 3 weeks as they won't even have started. If I get it back in 8 weeks I'll be very happy. My wife's Rado took 3 months.
Galton321
Forumgod
Forumgod
CW-watches: 14
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes

Post by Galton321 »

C65 now back with a new crown. Watch is in excellent condition. Returned in 6 weeks. I'm happy.
Fat-Sam
Guru
Guru
CW-watches: 1

Post by Fat-Sam »

I got a nice new watch back within 2 weeks- maybe they are getting on top of the problems after all haha
“Downsizing…”
JLC Reverso Duoface med.*gift
Omega Seamaster Deville 1961
DIY Watch Club Diver
DIY Explorer
Raymond Weil Toccata
SevenFriday P1/01
Longines x HODINKEE *FS
Laco Aachen 42 *FS
Tribus MDS *FS
bpeatman

Post by bpeatman »

I sent my watch in for repair mid june. I asked for confirmation of receipt. No answer. Scott said it would take 8 weeks and it has been 12. I may go to my credit card and report the purchase as unfulfilled. Any other ideas out there?
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

bpeatman wrote:I sent my watch in for repair mid june. I asked for confirmation of receipt. No answer. Scott said it would take 8 weeks and it has been 12. I may go to my credit card and report the purchase as unfulfilled. Any other ideas out there?
Why go to your credit card company? You won't have been charged (had to pay) yet. You will merely have given you card details for a pre-authorisation of charge.

Have you tried to contact CW within the last few days?

Guy

Sent from my Xperia XZ Premium using Tapatalk

In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
welshlad
CW-watches: 27

Post by welshlad »

^^^ Moreover, why go to your credit card company when CW are repairing the watch free of charge?!
bpeatman wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 11:24 pm Thank you all. The latest is that they have agreed to fix at no charge.
I understand your frustration at the delay, but I don't think you'll get any joy from contacting the credit card company. You received the goods.

Better to raise it with someone senior at CW if you're not getting the responses you need.
Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future. - Niels Bohr
stefs
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 2

Post by stefs »

Guy
For heavens sake they have had the blokes watch for three months after agreeing to get it sorted. Please stop defending the indefensible. How would you react!
They havent charged him for a repair but he has paid for a watch that he hasn’t had in ages
FS Bremont solo 37
Cheers now, Paul
stefs
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by stefs »

welshlad wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 11:24 pm ^^^ Moreover, why go to your credit card company when CW are repairing the watch free of charge?!
bpeatman wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 11:24 pm Thank you all. The latest is that they have agreed to fix at no charge.
When?
FS Bremont solo 37
Cheers now, Paul
welshlad

Post by welshlad »

stefs wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 11:28 pm When?
Well that's the question, Paul - and the OP should raise it with someone senior at CW, e.g. Mike France. My point is that I'm not sure the credit card company are going to help much.
stefs
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by stefs »

welshlad wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 11:31 pm
Well that's the question, Paul - and the OP should raise it with someone senior at CW, e.g. Mike France. My point is that I'm not sure the credit card company are going to help much.
Maybe the credit card company can offer protection for his original purchase? But come on ...3 months and not even acknowledging receipt. Its a joke. How would you feel.
Honestly I hate seeing this company that I so enjoyed where they are now but it is what it is and it isnt right seeing people messed about this way.
Cw have always had issues but what did always happen is that they were sorted in a timely manner. Honestly just put yourselves as moderators in the shoes of these guys.
FS Bremont solo 37
Cheers now, Paul
peterh
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 7

Post by peterh »

stefs wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 11:44 pm
Maybe the credit card company can offer protection for his original purchase? But come on ...3 months and not even acknowledging receipt. Its a joke. How would you feel.
Honestly I hate seeing this company that I so enjoyed where they are now but it is what it is and it isnt right seeing people messed about this way.
Cw have always had issues but what did always happen is that they were sorted in a timely manner. Honestly just put yourselves as moderators in the shoes of these guys.
I understand how you feel.

But I don't think you know how credit card companies operate. The advice to try that route is useless.

ps: I am not a moderator. But if I were, I'd take offense at that statement. I don't think any moderator here would consider himself as a spokesperson for CW,
Man with one watch, always know time. Man with many watches, never sure.
(unidentified Chinese philosopher)
welshlad

Post by welshlad »

stefs wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 11:44 pm Maybe the credit card company can offer protection for his original purchase? But come on ...3 months and not even acknowledging receipt. Its a joke. How would you feel.
Don't get me wrong, Paul. If it were my watch I would be as frustrated as the OP. I'm not defending CW here. There do seem to be issues that CW need to sort out - I think we can all see that.

I was just trying to advise the OP against a course of action that would probably be fruitless. I understand that he wants to get things moving. But the best way is to contact someone senior at CW, e.g. Mike or Chris.
TigerChris
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 1

Post by TigerChris »

Why should customers keep having to escalate to senior management? If there are people who can’t do their jobs then they want sacking and get somebody in that can. CW have either got too big and can’t cope or their recruitment is cr@p and they have people who can’t do their jobs and/or they are not getting the correct training (although you can’t train common sense).
stefs
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by stefs »

peterh wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 11:57 pm
stefs wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 11:44 pm

I understand how you feel.

But I don't think you know how credit card companies operate. The advice to try that route is useless.

ps: I am not a moderator. But if I were, I'd take offense at that statement. I don't think any moderator here would consider himself as a spokesperson for CW,
Peter I can assure you that no offence was intended. I also did not advise going down the credit card route as I doubt that would help but I understand the OP frustratingly exploring his remaining options.
With all due respect I believe you have only been active on here for a very short time after 8 years away and so have probably not seen the huge number of threads where customers have felt the need to vent their feelings on so many qc and cs issues.

I am not anti cw. I have bought 27 of their watches but I am far from impressed with where they are currently
FS Bremont solo 37
Cheers now, Paul