Mikkei4
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Re: Abysmal Service from Christopher Ward

Post by Mikkei4 »

Caller wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 4:53 pm
Mikkei4 wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:44 am
G1DRP wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 7:47 am Seven months and they still have my watch!
and what's the detail of that? Who have you contacted by email or phone, where in CW is your watch, why the extended repair period, has it been sent off to Switzerland etc etc.?????
I think you meant to write, 'who has contacted you by phone or email about your watch, have you been kept informed of where your watch actually is? Did they give a reason for the extended repair period or whether it had been sent to Switzerland?'

Irrespective of any of this, it's now 7 months and counting. And he's not the only one, as evidenced by other tales of woe here. And no, being busy with the summer sale, the last sale, or the latest release is no excuse.
Yes you are exactly correct - it should be CW that is contacting the customer to provide up to date progress/no progress reports, advise where the customers watch is or where it's been sent to.

My apologies - I wasn't trying to defend CW as there is no defence for such delays and lack of contact or information from them. I was interested in the details because this sorry tale is not the only example of such and again proves that Mike France's words of many weeks ago that all the outstanding issues had been sorted is utter rubbish and a false statement.

I'm sure that the OP must be totally frustrated by this ridiculous situation and has done his utmost to obtain truthful and meaningful updates without success. With the "luxury" of being in the UK, living close to CW and being retired in the same circumstance I would make CW CS life a misery bombarding them with endless emails and telephone calls and endless showroom visits to force the issue. Obviously CW still do not have a definitive list of outstanding repairs, services or customer issues - if that is so after months of trying to fix these then the black hole that is CW CS is worse than the owners are prepared to admit.

A few years ago I had a watch repaired by Watchfinder. I received virtually daily emails updating me on progress, location, estimated fix date and costs. That's how it should be done.
Essex Paul
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2

Post by Essex Paul »

I’m “giving it a rest”.
:lol:
C1 Grand Malvern Power Reserve
C65 Trident Diver Blue
G1DRP

Post by G1DRP »

Good news! CW contacted me yesterday and my watch will be ready in 2-4 weeks. They have also offered me a free service, which I have accepted. Hopefully, they will fit the chronograph second hand so that it points at 12 o'clock exactly as it was always very slightly misaligned, but not badly enough to bother me.
They need to impliment an online tracking system like Omega / Swatch Group have.
Cheers,

Ian
Thermexman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 4

Post by Thermexman »

Great to hear! Hopefully, despite the aggravation it took to get here, the outcome will go some way towards numbing the pain.
Steve.
StrappedUp
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by StrappedUp »

That's fantastic news ... 7 months in and potentially another month before you get it back :problem:

Ignoring my sarcasm, I'm glad you've heard from them, have come to a resolution you appear happy with and can look forward to receiving it again :thumbup:
Ryan
Caller
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2

Post by Caller »

Mikkei4 wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 5:24 pmA few years ago I had a watch repaired by Watchfinder. I received virtually daily emails updating me on progress, location, estimated fix date and costs. That's how it should be done.
I have had similar with Chopard and Bremont.

With Chopards AD, I had to say thanks, but I won't be back in Thailand until x, which they noted, then when I was back and the emails resumed reminding me to collect what was a corrected certificate sent from Switzerland, I had to say, thanks, but I won't be back in Bangkok until X, until the time finally came when I was ready to collect it and toodled along to their store - and they were closed for a private function! The launch of a new watch by another brand apparently. They were most apologetic for failing to tell me about this and I went back the next day to collect my certificate!
'Tis me
Fat-Sam
Guru
Guru
CW-watches: 1

Post by Fat-Sam »

Glad you heard from them, in the interest of fairness (with all the negative posts) I got my new 40mm c60 back today and its much much better than the first one.

Very happy with the watch and happy enough with the CS that I'm not fussed by the initial watch's faults (received a new model within 2 weeks)
“Downsizing…”
JLC Reverso Duoface med.*gift
Omega Seamaster Deville 1961
DIY Watch Club Diver
DIY Explorer
Raymond Weil Toccata
SevenFriday P1/01
Longines x HODINKEE *FS
Laco Aachen 42 *FS
Tribus MDS *FS
G1DRP

Post by G1DRP »

This morning I received my watch back in good working order. They have serviced it too and it hasn't cost me a penny!
Their customer service seems to have improved as I even got a tracking number yesterday. Hopefully things will continue to improve at CW and this was just a blip.
Cheers,

Ian
Thermexman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 4

Post by Thermexman »

Good to hear. Thanks for giving an update. Sometimes we never get to hear the final outcome of these issues so it’s nice to know you’re issue is resolved.
Steve.
DavecUK
Expert
Expert

Post by DavecUK »

G1DRP wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 12:24 pm The watch is meant to be a shock resistant sports watch. The fact that the movement survived and a securing screw didn’t, suggests poor design / engineering.
Can't comment on the actual customer service issues, but I know a little about watches and I am surprised as to your expectations of a mechanical watch movements shock resistance. Shock resistance is an attempt to protect a mechanical movement from damage, but it has limitations, ultimately any sufficient G loading will bend/break the balance pivots, regardless of the antishock system/s fitted. I am amazed that your movement survived without any damage, which to me actually suggests excellent engineering, or you were lucky to bang it in just the right direction.

With my own automatics I am extremely careful not to subject them to vibration or shocks....I thought the quoted repair cost was remarkably cheap. I used to holiday for long stays in Singapore (family connections) and I always got my watches serviced at the major centres there (because it was much cheaper than the UK), even they were nothing close to the small cost you were quoted.

Customer service for me is a concern as is quality control. I joined the forum to find out more before deciding whether to purchase a CW watch or not.