Discuss Christopher Ward watches
albionphoto
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 10

Re: Date Options

Post by albionphoto »

TigerChris wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 8:50 pm
albionphoto wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 8:37 pm t... Let's fight... err, this is the CW forum, so let's,politely, agree to disagree. :D
I'll take the fight option, don't mind a bit of a scrap :lol: :lol: :lol:
Really? I would never have known. :lol: :thumbup: :wave:
Mark
Bremont, Casio, Citizen, Christopher Ward, Chronotechna, Mido, Omega and Oris
TigerChris
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 1

Post by TigerChris »

albionphoto wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 12:38 pm
TigerChris wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 8:50 pm
albionphoto wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 8:37 pm t... Let's fight... err, this is the CW forum, so let's,politely, agree to disagree. :D
I'll take the fight option, don't mind a bit of a scrap :lol: :lol: :lol:
Really? I would never have known. :lol: :thumbup: :wave:
:lol: :lol: :lol: All good fun mate :thumbup:
albionphoto
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 10

Post by albionphoto »

Indeed.
Mark
Bremont, Casio, Citizen, Christopher Ward, Chronotechna, Mido, Omega and Oris
Thermexman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 4

Post by Thermexman »

Craig64 wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 10:59 pm
Thermexman wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 9:06 pm I bought all my watches, past and present because I liked the particular watch and that was irrespective of wether or not it had a date window.

I’ve also never bought a watch that was offered with a choice of date or no date. This post has caused me to look at my collection and try to imagine which option I’d have gone for if I’d had the choice.

Truth is, I can’t imagine each watch with the opposite option to that which it has. I guess if I was given the choice it would make for some very hard decisions!

Eeny, meeny, miny mo!
Please Sir, could you reveal how many of your watches have date windows compared to no date?

Your answer might be very revealing...... :thumbup:
There’s been more with a date window, than without but that fact is totally meaningless as I didn’t choose any of them because I was looking for a date window. As I said, I chose them because I liked the look of the particular watch. Just to give an example, if I was to buy a Rolex Sub, I’d go “no date”! Before you suggest my decision is because of the cyclops, it’s not. I’ve owned a Steinhart with a cyclops and it didn’t bother me!
Steve.
Laird
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 66

Post by Laird »

I've always liked the 'DAY/DATE' format ... just have the opportunity to buy a C40 SpeedHawk - but now I look closely at the pics it is quite similar (apart from Dial config & DAY/DATE) to my trusty old Peregine (Phoenix) C4

Obviously its 'innards' are a world apart - but I'm hesitating over buying a so similar looking & size watch to the Peregrine now !
|C70s|C7 BB, IRR, BRG, RC, Hornet, Valjoux|C3 GT|C4 Phoenix|C40 SpeedHawk|C5 BoB, Aviator|C8 Pilots*3, UTC & AD|C60 316L Y, O, B, GMT, DD Valjoux|C65 316LE,Classic LE, DT LE, 2VEV|C1 WT|C9 Pulse, JH2, AMGT, SSH21|C11 HRDC & Makaira|
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 150
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Post by Kip »

Laird wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 3:50 pm I've always liked the 'DAY/DATE' format ... just have the opportunity to buy a C40 SpeedHawk - but now I look closely at the pics it is quite similar (apart from Dial config & DAY/DATE) to my trusty old Peregine (Phoenix) C4

Obviously its 'innards' are a world apart - but I'm hesitating over buying a so similar looking & size watch to the Peregrine now !

Says the man with a pile of C7's and C70''s. :lol:
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
Laird
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 66

Post by Laird »

Sigh ...... a horse of a different colour my friend !

The C70s are a collection of similar, but identifiably different designs ...

So, about the C40's DAY/DATE - what say you all compared to the Peregrine ?
|C70s|C7 BB, IRR, BRG, RC, Hornet, Valjoux|C3 GT|C4 Phoenix|C40 SpeedHawk|C5 BoB, Aviator|C8 Pilots*3, UTC & AD|C60 316L Y, O, B, GMT, DD Valjoux|C65 316LE,Classic LE, DT LE, 2VEV|C1 WT|C9 Pulse, JH2, AMGT, SSH21|C11 HRDC & Makaira|
monkwearmouth
Senior
Senior

Post by monkwearmouth »

I have the ND sub and I would be much more inclined to buy a new model Trident without the date. The new Trident is superb, other than the white date window surround and if we could lose the date altogether it would be an even cleaner design, IMHO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk