Newmark 71 Sports diver

A place to discuss other watch-brands
neil8fletcher3
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 2

Re: Newmark 71 Sports diver

Post by neil8fletcher3 »

I looked at this a lot after it was changed to UK shipping but didn't back in the end. It looks great and I'd have gone blue or black no date but I'm waiting for the new Smith's Everest or expedition. I'll probably regret this like I regret not getting a 6BB (and missing them recently for sale on tz)

Glad this got over the line for the backers, have to keep and eye out for any flippers after delivery
Neil
StrapMeister
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by StrapMeister »

Just checked the project again and noticed that there are no pledges available....I assume that means that noone else can back it unless someone pulls out?
FloridaPhil
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Post by FloridaPhil »

StrapMeister wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:15 pm Just checked the project again and noticed that there are no pledges available....I assume that means that noone else can back it unless someone pulls out?
That is correct.
WatchChat on Facebook
The friendliest watch group on Facebook chatting about our watch passion and whatever else happens to come up.
tikkathree
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 1

Post by tikkathree »

FloridaPhil wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:21 am
StrapMeister wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:15 pm Just checked the project again and noticed that there are no pledges available....I assume that means that noone else can back it unless someone pulls out?
That is correct.

I recall reading somewhere that the production run of 300 is final, total, never-to-be-repeated. I shall be gambling on the meteorite dial no date GMT insert variant.
C60 MKI, MKII, MKIII: "some",
C6 & C60 Kingfishers,
C600 Tritechs,
C63 "some",
C65 "some",
C4, C40, C8, C9, C3, C5, C20 & 23FLE
Some other brands
biggus_richus
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by biggus_richus »

Looks like there have been a couple of retracted pledges as there are two at £319 available.
Rich.

Breitling | CW | Farer | Formex | Garmin | Marloe | Ming | Omega | Oris | Seiko | Studio Underd0g | Tag Heuer | Timex
StrapMeister
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by StrapMeister »

There's going to be a pledge available at £299 very shortly :wink:
tikkathree
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by tikkathree »

Here's mine and I have to say that I like it. I opted for the silver dial so that this watch doesn't need to try to compete with the established brand black or blue-faced divers that I happen to own.Image

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

C60 MKI, MKII, MKIII: "some",
C6 & C60 Kingfishers,
C600 Tritechs,
C63 "some",
C65 "some",
C4, C40, C8, C9, C3, C5, C20 & 23FLE
Some other brands
Galton321
Forumgod
Forumgod
CW-watches: 14
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes

Post by Galton321 »

Tikkatree got exactly the same model and for more or less the same reason. Also really like it. Enjoy.
ItsAliveJim
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by ItsAliveJim »

tikkathree wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 10:13 am Here's mine and I have to say that I like it. I opted for the silver dial so that this watch doesn't need to try to compete with the established brand black or blue-faced divers that I happen to own.Image

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
Looks lovely :thumbup:

I'm waiting for the same but with date, and two extra bezels so I can do this …

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What the hell is he building in there?" Tom Waits
Clarky
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
LE-three: yes

Post by Clarky »

It'sAliveJim wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 10:34 pm
I'm waiting for the same but with date, and two extra bezels so I can do this …

I ordered a spare bezel as these are a very small run (300 in total) and spare’s are limited, but the bezels can only be fitted once so unlike on a Rolex GMT master for instance you won’t be able to swap between bezels as you destroy the insert to get underneath it to be able to get the bezel off 😞
I can resist everything, Except temptation
Oscar Wilde
Clarky
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
LE-three: yes

Post by Clarky »

Those that have received there 71’s, how are you liking them? I’m not 100% sold on the bracelet but i am currently loving it on a Haveston nato. The lume is great on the hands and dial, I charged the watch face with a black light torch last night and it was still glowing away like made this morning 7 hours later 👍🏻

Image4FD2748A-0CD5-422E-ADD3-9347F00ED82A by ClarkyGMT, on Flickr
I can resist everything, Except temptation
Oscar Wilde
FloridaPhil
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by FloridaPhil »

Mine arrived yesterday. This is my first experience backing a Kickstarter watch.

I think the bracelet is absolutely fantastic, it's comfortable, flexible and looks appropriate to the watch so I guess it's horses for courses. I do agree on the lume - it kept up with my GS overnight which is high praise indeed.

At 39.5mm it's a smaller piece than I'm used to and I find it has nice balance with the short lug to lug helping it to sit beautifully on the wrist. Lovely case finishing for the money, domed sapphire crystal, lumed sapphire bezel with ball-bearing action and a 28.8 Miyota movement - what's not to love?

Newmark71.jpeg
Newmark2.jpg
WatchChat on Facebook
The friendliest watch group on Facebook chatting about our watch passion and whatever else happens to come up.
Phil0886
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by Phil0886 »

Liking it a lot, as said above the quality for the price is very good indeed, the screw link bracelet was very easy to size and it feels very well balanced on the wrist.

Apparently there were only 10 ordered in this configuration:

Also ordered the same in blue and trying to decide if I can justify keeping both...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
CW: C60 FLE Blue #009
Non-CW: Rolex Sub ND, Panerai PAM 312, Grand Seiko SBGM027, Omega AT, Omega PO, Heuer Monza, Maurice Lacroix Pontos S, San Martin 62MAS, HIMQ Marinemaster.
ItsAliveJim
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by ItsAliveJim »

Clarky wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:15 pm

I ordered a spare bezel as these are a very small run (300 in total) and spare’s are limited, but the bezels can only be fitted once so unlike on a Rolex GMT master for instance you won’t be able to swap between bezels as you destroy the insert to get underneath it to be able to get the bezel off 😞
Is this correct? Why is it made like this and why did he take money off everyone for spare bezels they can never fit?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What the hell is he building in there?" Tom Waits
FloridaPhil
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by FloridaPhil »

Phil0886 wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 3:20 pm
Also ordered the same in blue and trying to decide if I can justify keeping both...
I also bought the 12 hour bezel for mine so I can swap as desired. I am really tempted to go back for the silver version.
WatchChat on Facebook