The NEW C9 AM GT Limited Edition

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
johnnysharp2
Forumgod
Forumgod
CW-watches: 7

Re: The NEW C9 AM GT Limited Edition

Post by johnnysharp2 »

I like it a lot, but on the black strap. However, just over loaded with watches now and must resist.
Johnny
H0rati0
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 4

Post by H0rati0 »

Since this is the last use of the C9 case, I'm just hoping they squirrel away plenty of C9 spares in case I ever need one.
"There is no beginning to enlightenment and no end to training" - Dogen Zenji (1200-1253)
nauf
Senior
Senior

Post by nauf »

Twice I almost hit the “checkout” button. Resist resist. Tbh the more I look at it, the more I want it, knowing it’s an LE but 15.1mm thickness always holds me off.
Ranger
Guru
Guru
CW-watches: 19

Post by Ranger »

nauf wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 3:47 am Twice I almost hit the “checkout” button...
I see it's now on pre-order for early September(was mid July).

So click that "checkout" button, you'll have a few weeks to mull it over. :thumbup:
Gettin' A Whole Lot Older Every Day...
nauf
Senior
Senior

Post by nauf »

Just ordered! Will try it on. Hopefully 60/60 works if I intend to return.
TimB
CW-watches: 0

Post by TimB »

Ranger wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 8:38 am
nauf wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 3:47 am Twice I almost hit the “checkout” button...
I see it's now on pre-order for early September(was mid July).

So click that "checkout" button, you'll have a few weeks to mull it over. :thumbup:
Slightly disapointed delivery has been put back, I was looking forward to next week :(

Tim.
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

Early September pre-order will be to cater for the manufacture of the watches in batches. Perhaps 50 at a time.

Guy

Sent from my Xperia XZ Premium using Tapatalk

In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
Ranger
Guru
Guru
CW-watches: 19

Post by Ranger »

Bahnstormer_vRS wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 11:55 am Early September pre-order will be to cater for the manufacture of the watches in batches. Perhaps 50 at a time.

Guy

Sent from my Xperia XZ Premium using Tapatalk
This would be my understanding, still expecting to receive mine this month [-o<
Gettin' A Whole Lot Older Every Day...
nauf
Senior
Senior

Post by nauf »

Just received a nice reply from Scott re my request to reserve serial number 074. :D
MiniMpi
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 17

Post by MiniMpi »

Nice one ^^^
Savagemouse
Senior Expert
Senior Expert
CW-watches: 3

Post by Savagemouse »

If anyone wanted to reserve number 029 I have just cancelled my order so should be free now
Matt
Stanza

Post by Stanza »

Hello all,

I'm relatively new to the forum and only be collecting watches for the last few years having bought a CW C1000 Typhoon (all black dial), but thought I'd share my current experience.

Having seen and fallen for previous CW motor inspired Limited editions, only to find I couldn't justify the much higher price tag at the time, I decided to take the plunge when I saw this stunner. I was also hoping for the alignment with my impending birthday to help justify the purchase :D

Anyway I pre-ordered about 2 weeks ago, but during this time my only nagging doubt was the size of the watch on my relatively puny 7 to 7.25 (temperature dependent) wrist. So I decided to compared it to a few of my other bigger watches, the biggest being the Seiko SSA33 Open heart at 44mm diameter and 50mm lug to lug, which I can get away with, although it isn't that thick. So after further looking at the marketing photo's I'd kidded myself to delay my doubts.

Well it arrived yesterday as advised and on time. I couldn't contain my excitement very long, I had to break away from work to open it.
Firstly the new CW packaging is quite something and makes even more of an event.
Once open I have to say the watch really is stunning, but then the realisation. As I presented to my wrist I realise the sheer size.
What I'd forgotten (still being a horological amature) was to take into account that this watch doesn't have a thick bezel, this gives the impression of a much larger appearance.
From the front you can see the face looks huge, although on my wrist (not worn) when you include the lugs it certainly doesn't overhang my wrist. There is still a few mil spare either side - so could I get away with it?
Then I turn the watch and the thickness reveals itself. So now I again I doubt whether it actually suits me.
With some disappointment I put it back in the box to mull over and there it stayed over night. I'll get it out again today less tired, show the wife (the voice of reason) and take some photo's for you all on my wrist and in the mirror.
Chris375
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 15

Post by Chris375 »

Will be interesting to see your thoughts after 24 hours. Photos would also be good for those of us who have smaller wrists too.
Chris
10xCW, 3xBremont, 2xTag Heuer, 6xOmega, 1xHamilton, 1xSeiko
nauf
Senior
Senior

Post by nauf »

pics please. 😁
My small CW collection:
|C20 Lido|C65 GMT|C7 Auto|C60 MKII Bronze|C65 Auto|C60 MKIII GMT|C65 SH21 LE|C65 AM GT LE
TimB
CW-watches: 0

Post by TimB »

Mine finally landed today, beautifully finished and and looks fantastic. It does wear large and is a chunky beast of a watch with some weight but soon feels good on the wrist,

Imagepic upload sites

Tim.