Bad experience with Christopher ward watch and it's customer services

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
H0rati0
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 4

Re: Bad experience with Christopher ward watch and it's customer services

Post by H0rati0 »

Well well, here's an interesting one. The case of the different case (watch)?
"There is no beginning to enlightenment and no end to training" - Dogen Zenji (1200-1253)
Thegreyman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 6

Post by Thegreyman »

It does seem though that it is at least the correct "type" of case back, being a Dec 2011 watch and therefore a mk1.
Patrick

C60 Pro 300, C60 Sunrise, C63 Sealander Lucerne blue LE, C65 Dartmouth, W11 Amelia (wife), C63 Sealander (son)

Some others + a few on the way
Essex Paul
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2

Post by Essex Paul »

So.
When EXACTLY does the “improvements” in CS and QC start Mr.France?? :thumbdown:
As pointed out mistakes do happen, but there seems to be a severe lack of attention in regards to employees work practices.

The stories keep coming. :?
C1 Grand Malvern Power Reserve
C65 Trident Diver Blue
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

One thing I have learnt, with all the current discussion about sloppy bezels on the C60 Trident Mk3, is that the bezel on mine is smooth and light enough, that it can be turned comfortably between thumb and little finger or just by placing the palm of my hand flat on the crystal / bezel and being able to turn the bezel.

There is only one other brand / watch that I know where this can be done, which is the Elliot Brown Holton Professional.

Guy

Sent from my Xperia XZ Premium using Tapatalk

In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
rmoj20

Post by rmoj20 »

Wow. This is my first post on this forum because after owning various CW watches since 2010 I recently had to return a C70 COSC quartz for a service. I love the brand, and the watches they make, but the CS process/system has been appalling. Hence why I hunted out this forum and just read through 8 pages of similar experiences. Firstly, they received my watch around the 25th of March, though only confirmed receipt on the 27th....the repair/service was straightforward, but I got my watch back last week, on the 4th of July. To me, that's a ridiculously long time to have had a watch in service.... Unfortunately the new system had it's moments with me too. No matter how many times I tried to change my out-of-date address, I kept getting invoices with my old address on it (must have called at least 5 times about this, the first time on April 14th, last time was last week). Cue lots of worry from me that it would be dispatched to a house I no longer live in. I was even invoiced again on Sunday with... the wrong address.

Some other highlights include :
being given a tracking number for DHL that didn't exist,
being sent my replacement strap separately (despite asking for them to fit it to the watch),
being told I would be called back by someone (and only once being actually called back. Typical - I was riding my bike at the time so unable to pick up)
To top it all off, they just kindly agreed to give a discount on the cost of repair. They said that my credit card hadn't been charged anyway, so there was no need to do an actual refund. When I went to check my credit card statement - they'd actually charged me twice for the repair.

I'm rooting for this brand, and love my timepieces. I always try (and on one occasion, admittedly failed) to be patient and I don't think I can apportion blame to people there. The system and the process though, seriously, these need to be sorted out asap. This is still ongoing so I will post again when it's been resolved, but reading the other experiences here I felt I had to share this. Please tell me someone at CW towers will read this and realise there's a bunch of loyal customers who are really concerned about how things are being run there.
Bungle-ator
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by Bungle-ator »

^^^^this doesn't sound like an overly excessive time for the watch to be away. I agree with everything else though.
Essex Paul
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Essex Paul »

Bungle-ator wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 7:35 pm ^^^^this doesn't sound like an overly excessive time for the watch to be away. I agree with everything else though.
I disagree. 3 1/2 months is way too long, and for a quartz service? :shock:
C65 Trident Diver Blue
jtc
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by jtc »

Check it's the same watch you sent :lol:
Jon

Trusted Seller Feedback

CW | Tudor | Tag Heuer | Omega | Longines | Bremont | Rolex
Essex Paul
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Essex Paul »

Don't worry all. Mike France's big CS and QC overhaul will kick in soon! :-k
C65 Trident Diver Blue
Thegreyman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 6

Post by Thegreyman »

Essex Paul wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 10:24 pm Don't worry all. Mike France's big CS and QC overhaul will kick in soon! :-k
Paul, are you just going to start copying and pasting that on every CS related thread now...just checking :)
Patrick

C60 Pro 300, C60 Sunrise, C63 Sealander Lucerne blue LE, C65 Dartmouth, W11 Amelia (wife), C63 Sealander (son)

Some others + a few on the way
Essex Paul
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Essex Paul »

Thegreyman wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 10:52 pm
Essex Paul wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 10:24 pm Don't worry all. Mike France's big CS and QC overhaul will kick in soon! :-k
Paul, are you just going to start copying and pasting that on every CS related thread now...just checking :)
Yep. :lol:
Just easier isn’t it?
Hopefully CW towers will get the message. You never know. Besides, just ran out of statements on how bad things are. :lol:
Thanks for checking Patrick.
C65 Trident Diver Blue
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 150
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Post by Kip »

I think they got the message already. I think the new posters chiming in is enough to remind them they have a problem.

Most of the issues we are hearing about recently took place over the past 6 months. Mike issued his statement just over 2 weeks ago. Give it a rest and give them some time. They are working on it.
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
FloridaPhil
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Post by FloridaPhil »

Trustpilot rating is down to 4.
WatchChat on Facebook
The friendliest watch group on Facebook chatting about our watch passion and whatever else happens to come up.
TP Fit
Senior
Senior

Post by TP Fit »

Kip wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 1:18 am I think they got the message already. I think the new posters chiming in is enough to remind them they have a problem.

Most of the issues we are hearing about recently took place over the past 6 months. Mike issued his statement just over 2 weeks ago. Give it a rest and give them some time. They are working on it.
I agree Kip! Message has been sent (and well done), and message has been heard...many times over. Lets keep this forum fun, our voice has been heard. Continuing to bash or express the matter will not help but will only cause members or potential members not to participate. I think we all know the state of CW and as obvious as it is to us, I am sure it is even more to the employees and management. So, now it's just a waiting game...Lets move on...
Mikkei4
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by Mikkei4 »

These issues haven't stopped people hoovering up the Summer Sale watches !