A place to discuss other watch-brands
Lavaine
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Re: Newmark 71 Sports diver

Post by Lavaine »

TheBeatles wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 3:49 pm
Looking like (at the moment), that the Newmark might not reach goal.
3 weeks to go and 2/3 of the way to the goal. I think it's a little early to declare the patient dead.
2017 CW Forum "Darwin Award" winner.
Hammy85

Post by Hammy85 »

Good to see this getting more back on track again
FloridaPhil
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by FloridaPhil »

I backed it yesterday.
WatchChat on Facebook
The friendliest watch group on Facebook chatting about our watch passion and whatever else happens to come up.
Clovis

Post by Clovis »

I backed it! This is the high quality, affordable, clean, tool-like, but stylish diver I have been searching for. Ewen is a watch lover who made this for watch lovers. If you haven't checked out the campaign info on kickstarter over the reviews on Youtube, they make a compelling case. My wallet took a hit but I am going to love this watch.
TigerChris
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 1

Post by TigerChris »

Clovis wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 2:19 am I backed it! This is the high quality, affordable, clean, tool-like, but stylish diver I have been searching for. Ewen is a watch lover who made this for watch lovers. If you haven't checked out the campaign info on kickstarter over the reviews on Youtube, they make a compelling case. My wallet took a hit but I am going to love this watch.
Hi Ewan :wave: :lol:
TheBeatles
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 6

Post by TheBeatles »

I’ve just checked the campaign with a view to investing, but not looking good anyway.

Approx £20k needed with 15 days left, so my £590 wouldn’t help anyway. The 2 Watch option was the better deal, with 5 of 10 spaces left.
Basically, I'm for anything that gets you through the night. Be it prayer, tranquilizers or a bottle of Jack Daniels, Frank Sinatra

All You Need Is Love, The Beatles

Too much of anything is bad. But too much of good whiskey is barely enough, Mark Twain
FloridaPhil
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by FloridaPhil »

TheBeatles wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 4:18 pm Approx £20k needed with 15 days left, so my £590 wouldn’t help anyway. The 2 Watch option was the better deal, with 5 of 10 spaces left.
How do you work out that your '£590 wouldn’t help anyway'?

At this stage it's only a commitment to buy, so everyone who commits is helping towards the goal. No?
WatchChat on Facebook
The friendliest watch group on Facebook chatting about our watch passion and whatever else happens to come up.
TheBeatles
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by TheBeatles »

FloridaPhil wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 4:22 pm
TheBeatles wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 4:18 pm Approx £20k needed with 15 days left, so my £590 wouldn’t help anyway. The 2 Watch option was the better deal, with 5 of 10 spaces left.
How do you work out that your '£590 wouldn’t help anyway'?

At this stage it's only a commitment to buy, so everyone who commits is helping towards the goal. No?
Hi Phil,

What I mean is that even with my money the target won’t be in reach, I’ll hang on awhile longer before a final decision.
Basically, I'm for anything that gets you through the night. Be it prayer, tranquilizers or a bottle of Jack Daniels, Frank Sinatra

Too much of anything is bad. But too much of good whiskey is barely enough, Mark Twain
FloridaPhil
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by FloridaPhil »

TheBeatles wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 4:25 pm Hi Phil,

What I mean is that even with my money the target won’t be in reach, I’ll hang on awhile longer before a final decision.
If everyone did that, no goal would ever be reached!
WatchChat on Facebook
TheBeatles
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by TheBeatles »

FloridaPhil wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 8:33 pm
TheBeatles wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 4:25 pm Hi Phil,

If everyone did that, no goal would ever be reached!
Fair point, but other 2 campaigns I’ve backed have reached goal in minutes. Might say a lot about this one. The date window is holding me back at the moment. Seems double stacked unnecessarily

StrapMeister
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 2

Post by StrapMeister »

Although I've backed it at the Super Earlybird price I'm still in 2 minds about it :?

I agree that the double stacked date window does seem strange, however, I believe that there are no date versions for the Black and Blue dial but typically not for the silver dial which is my colour preference.

I'll end up going back and forth looking at them before making a final decision as to whether to continue or pull out.
Clovis

Post by Clovis »

Hi StrapMeister,

I am a backer too. Ewan has noted that a no-date silver dial is the top stretch goal. Many including myself want that one and I do believe he will offer it if the project makes. I am fine with the silver date version though. There is always something about every single watch I own that I would change but I still love them. I would not have any watches waiting for a "perfect" one.
Clovis

Post by Clovis »

Forgot to note, FYI, if you are interested in this watch, the owner announced this will be the only production run ever. Kickstarter ends July 16 so if you want one, you will need to back before then.
TheBeatles
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by TheBeatles »

Just my opinion, but I still think that shipping from Far East for a UK company has been the undoing of this campaign.

It may well still reach the required goal, but going to be close.

Lavaine
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Lavaine »

TheBeatles wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 4:10 pm Just my opinion, but I still think that shipping from Far East for a UK company has been the undoing of this campaign.

It may well still reach the required goal, but going to be close.
Can someone explain why they find this so objectionable? He can ship from the far East, and charge 300 GBP, plus 20% VAT on landing, or ship from England and charge 360 GBP. I fail to see the difference. Am I missing something?
2017 CW Forum "Darwin Award" winner.