Discuss Christopher Ward watches
jtc
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2

Re: Bad experience with Christopher ward watch and it's customer services

Post by jtc »

shaw wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2019 3:09 am UPDATE
Received my "repaired twice" watch on 26 June 2019, this time there's no repair order form inside the box, so no idea what's been done, only with a QC film wrapped around the watch head and a wrinkly card says it's been tested.
So I fully wound it up and wore it two full days without taking it off, and it still stopped, not auto-winding!!
For almost five months in repair (sent back twice), and still not fixed. I wonder how QC test
the winding problem or did they?
I'm really not keen to repeat this loop for five years.

BTW, thanks to everyone of you gentlemen who's being supportive from the beginning.
I think you're evidently past CW actually helping now.

https://www.tradingstandards.uk/consume ... ort-advice

Looking to resolve your online disputes through Mediation or Arbitration?

The Online Dispute Resolution (ODR) platform was set up by the European Commission to help consumers and traders resolve their disputes about online purchases by using Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) bodies. For advice on using the platform, the national help desk can be contacted by phone on 03456 089579, or by email at odr@tsi.org.uk. Telephone lines are open from Monday to Friday 09:00 am to 5:00 pm (closed UK bank and public holidays). More information is available on its website: https://www.odrcontactpoint.uk/
Jon

Trusted Seller Feedback

CW | Tudor | Tag Heuer | Omega | Longines | Bremont | Rolex
shaw

Post by shaw »

Caller wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2019 3:24 pm
shaw wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2019 3:09 am So I fully wound it up and wore it two full days without taking it off, and it still stopped, not auto-winding!!
For almost five months in repair (sent back twice), and still not fixed. I wonder how QC test
Not good.

What do you plan to do next?
Nothing I can do for now, except email the customer service and ask for replacement or even a refund, and hope that they will give me an answer on Monday or Tuesday or Wednesday or... who knows when...
jimmbob
Junior
Junior
CW-watches: 0

Post by jimmbob »

This.

Utterly shameful.
jtc wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2019 3:32 pm
shaw wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2019 3:09 am UPDATE
Received my "repaired twice" watch on 26 June 2019, this time there's no repair order form inside the box, so no idea what's been done, only with a QC film wrapped around the watch head and a wrinkly card says it's been tested.
So I fully wound it up and wore it two full days without taking it off, and it still stopped, not auto-winding!!

BTW, thanks to everyone of you gentlemen who's being supportive from the beginning.
I think you're evidently past CW actually helping now.

https://www.tradingstandards.uk/consume ... ort-advice

Looking to resolve your online disputes through Mediation or Arbitration?

The Online Dispute Resolution (ODR) platform was set up by the European Commission to help consumers and traders resolve their disputes about online purchases by using Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) bodies. For advice on using the platform, the national help desk can be contacted by phone on 03456 089579, or by email at odr@tsi.org.uk. Telephone lines are open from Monday to Friday 09:00 am to 5:00 pm (closed UK bank and public holidays). More information is available on its website: https://www.odrcontactpoint.uk/
Galton321
Forumgod
Forumgod
CW-watches: 14
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes

Post by Galton321 »

Just had to return my C65 diver as I have broken the crown. I received a prepaid Royal Mail envelope to return it by return of post after logging my problem online. They received it next day. I received an email the same day they received it to say it had arrived. Two days later they had had a look and sent, by email, an estimate of the repair cost. I phoned to tell them to go ahead with the repair. 6-8 weeks to repair. No complaints from me so far. I may be lucky but have never had any issues with CS. Wait and see.
Essex Paul
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Essex Paul »

Galton321 wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2019 6:25 pm Just had to return my C65 diver as I have broken the crown. I received a prepaid Royal Mail envelope to return it by return of post after logging my problem online. They received it next day. I received an email the same day they received it to say it had arrived. Two days later they had had a look and sent, by email, an estimate of the repair cost. I phoned to tell them to go ahead with the repair. 6-8 weeks to repair. No complaints from me so far. I may be lucky but have never had any issues with CS. Wait and see.
Your ride had only just begun. :lol:
In all seriousness, hope you’re one of the lucky ones.

I think someone posted that the “few” on the forum making “noise” is a small percentage of purchases of CW’s. Rubbish. We can’t be the only ones experiencing this? What about the hundreds/thousands? of customers who are not on social media (forum/cwfacetube mob).
I think us “few” “noise” makers are an indication of what’s going on for lots, hundreds? of disappointed customers.

Keep cool everyone. :thumbup:
C1 Grand Malvern Power Reserve
C65 Trident Diver Blue
H0rati0
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 4

Post by H0rati0 »

Essex Paul wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2019 11:55 pm

I think someone posted that the “few” on the forum making “noise” is a small percentage of purchases of CW’s. Rubbish. We can’t be the only ones experiencing this? What about the hundreds/thousands? of customers who are not on social media (forum/cwfacetube mob).
I think us “few” “noise” makers are an indication of what’s going on for lots, hundreds? of disappointed customers.

Keep cool everyone. :thumbup:
Customer Service (post sales) is taking a panning on Trust Pilot, it's true, while reviews for the sales side and products are still excellent.

Nothing we didn't know, so we still have to be patient and see how CW deal with it. Looks like it's hurting them at least as much as those who are caught up in the debacle.
"There is no beginning to enlightenment and no end to training" - Dogen Zenji (1200-1253)
meinberg
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 4

Post by meinberg »

H0rati0 wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 8:12 am
Customer Service (post sales) is taking a panning on Trust Pilot, it's true, while reviews for the sales side and products are still excellent.

Nothing we didn't know, so we still have to be patient and see how CW deal with it. Looks like it's hurting them at least as much as those who are caught up in the debacle.
The Trust Pilot entries made interesting reading, without excusing the obvious problems with CS at the moment, a few of the poor scores were down to watches arriving days late and not product faults. Sometimes I think we can all be a little impatient and wrapped up in 1st world problems.
nauf
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 7

Post by nauf »

After reading a lot of negative comments about CW CS team, all I can say is that I was lucky to not go through the same bad experience when dealing with them either sent back for replacement or full refund. And even I received two complimentary webbing and vintage oak leather straps from them. Those happened in September 2018 - February 2019.
dw_2_cw

Post by dw_2_cw »

My GMT Trident has just returned (today) from CW services after it was sent a good few months ago. I was charged £99 for a service and £10 for a new bezel as mine had got stuck. Price seems pretty good compared to what others have been charged.

It has been returned in absolutely 100% as new condition! In fact it is so much better than I was expecting I would go as far as to say that it's not the same watch that I sent originally!!!! I didnt take a picture of the case back but I am pretty sure that it had the word Trident on it and not Deus Maris Altum! Does it matter? Not sure. As long as this one works.
Essex Paul
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Essex Paul »

dw_2_cw wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 12:12 pm My GMT Trident has just returned (today) from CW services after it was sent a good few months ago. I was charged £99 for a service and £10 for a new bezel as mine had got stuck. Price seems pretty good compared to what others have been charged.

It has been returned in absolutely 100% as new condition! In fact it is so much better than I was expecting I would go as far as to say that it's not the same watch that I sent originally!!!! I didnt take a picture of the case back but I am pretty sure that it had the word Trident on it and not Deus Maris Altum! Does it matter? Not sure. As long as this one works.
Glad your happy and the price is excellent.
But, a good few months? That's way too long. Need to employ more technicians that is clear, and always has been.
And you think the case back has changed? QC strikes again? That is also a worry. Weird in fact.
Anyway, glad your happy. Albeit months down the road and a different watch possibly.
At least you got the correct model back. :lol:
C1 Grand Malvern Power Reserve
C65 Trident Diver Blue
jtc
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by jtc »

Wonder if someone else has received their watch back and is thinking "oh cool, new case back" :lol:
Jon

Trusted Seller Feedback

CW | Tudor | Tag Heuer | Omega | Longines | Bremont | Rolex
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

@dw_2_cw

Simple check re. the case back.

Has it got the correct serial number on?

Guy

Sent from my Xperia XZ Premium using Tapatalk

In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
Bahnstormer_vRS

Actually, this topic God of the Deep Sea which includes this caseback photo

would suggest that all is in order.

NB> I presume we are discussing a C60 Trident GMT MkI as the C60 Trident Pro 600 GMT (MKII) has a different caseback.

Guy

Sent from my Xperia XZ Premium using Tapatalk

dw_2_cw

Post by dw_2_cw »

Thanks for the replies. I do appreciate this is a first world problem compared to not getting your watch back at all, here I am raising the issue of being sent a "different" watch. My original watch was bought in Dec 2011 #557 and the watch that I've received is #2137. It seems to me that the new case back of #2137 is different to my original one, but I don't have a pic and maybe i'm confusing with other watches.

Here are the pics of the new case back:
IMG_9174.JPG
IMG_9175.JPG
IMG_9173.JPG
Bahnstormer_vRS

dw_2_cw wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2019 11:18 am Thanks for the replies. I do appreciate this is a first world problem compared to not getting your watch back at all, here I am raising the issue of being sent a "different" watch. My original watch was bought in Dec 2011 #557 and the watch that I've received is #2137. It seems to me that the new case back of #2137 is different to my original one, but I don't have a pic and maybe i'm confusing with other watches.

Here are the pics of the new case back:
I feel that some communication with CW is required to discuss the issue, as either the caseback has been switched or you have someone else's watch (and they have yours perhaps?). To suggest anything else would be speculation.

Do let us know how you get on.

Guy