Outside Investors?

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
Markornot
Guru
Guru
CW-watches: 5

Outside Investors?

Post by Markornot »

I recall last year that the CW principals spoke of bringing in outside capital investors in order to support further growth. Did this ever happen?
Mark
CW - C8 Flyer, C6 JHMk3, C7 Corsa Rosso LE, C3 Chronograph, C8 Reg | TAG Heuer F1 | Orient - Black Raven II, Bambino, Star Seeker GMT, Galant, Monarch | Seagull - Grn Military, Moon Phase | Tissot - Visodate | Steinhart - NavA Pilot MW, NavB Vintage
H0rati0
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 4

Re: Outside Investors?

Post by H0rati0 »

Markornot wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2019 4:53 pm I recall last year that the CW principals spoke of bringing in outside capital investors in order to support further growth. Did this ever happen?
Nothing has been announced and the last filed confirmation statement shows only three officers, all with more than 25% but less than 50% of the voting rights. I cannot see anybody putting in substantial capital without the right to at least appoint a director.

The next confirmation statement was due by 23rd June. Interestingly Christopher Ward himself is not a director.
"There is no beginning to enlightenment and no end to training" - Dogen Zenji (1200-1253)
Essex Paul
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2

Post by Essex Paul »

H0rati0 wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2019 5:32 pm
Markornot wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2019 4:53 pm I recall last year that the CW principals spoke of bringing in outside capital investors in order to support further growth. Did this ever happen?
Nothing has been announced and the last filed confirmation statement shows only three officers, all with more than 25% but less than 50% of the voting rights. I cannot see anybody putting in substantial capital without the right to at least appoint a director.

The next confirmation statement was due by 23rd June. Interestingly Christopher Ward himself is not a director.

He’s not? Interesting.
C1 Grand Malvern Power Reserve
C65 Trident Diver Blue
H0rati0
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 4

Post by H0rati0 »

Essex Paul wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 12:37 am
H0rati0 wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2019 5:32 pm

He’s not? Interesting.
He is a director of the UK subsidiary but not the holding company.
"There is no beginning to enlightenment and no end to training" - Dogen Zenji (1200-1253)